Kushu2000

What is Leo's baseline level of consciousness?

11 posts in this topic

We've all heard Leo talk about his breakthroughs on 5MeO DMT, but what I wonder is what is his level of consciousness while he's sober. Can you describe to us how non-dual it is, Leo, how you experience the world? Thanx

Only @Leo Gura can answer that question really, be interesting to hear his 'day to day' experience after all these trips. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I believe he already have. Sorry if I am not understanding your question, but I assume that all his posts are written while sober. I guess that's the answer.

Edited by steenadrianmr

I would like to know this too. @Leo Gura, how do you feel and what do you experience on a day when you are sober, or even 1-2 weeks after your last trip?

2 hours ago, fridjonk said:

You sure? :D

I say that because I'm at 41 but can push 41.5 if I really focus. 

3 hours ago, Kushu2000 said:

We've all heard Leo talk about his breakthroughs on 5MeO DMT, but what I wonder is what is his level of consciousness while he's sober. Can you describe to us how non-dual it is, Leo, how you experience the world? Thanx

You wouldn't be able to contextualize it without the direct experience. It would be like a donkey asking how a human experiences the world. The donkey would need to directly experience it.

The question "What's it like?" is a very powerful question - if the underlying orientation is genuine, curious and open for exploration. If the mind is attached/identified to a particular paradigm, it will be oriented toward protecting that paradigm and going into debate mode. For example, when I first joined the actualized.org forum, I was much more oriented within science, reason and an objective physical world. One of my early discussions with Leo was questioning what he expressed about intelligence. He spoke of intelligence as some big inter-connected woo-woo "brain" in which my own brain resides. Well of course I wanted evidence for this and wanted to protect my own concept of cognitive-based intellectual intelligence. This orientation didn't allow me to expand. Yet I got curious and started to explore. This required that I set aside my own paradigm. It required a genuine, curious, open mindset. Not a mindset that keeps saying "yea, but" and gets into debate. Rather a mindset open to exploring new ideas and experiences. For example, I would ask "what is intelligence?" without intellectualizing it. I would ask "what is intelligence?" while meditating in nature, while in a sensory deprivation tank, before doing psychedelics. Then new forms of intelligence arose in my reality, which was beyond my contracted paradigm of intelligence. . . I was in awe of these manifestations. Then new avenues entered my life. The book "How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci" appeared and opened new avenues of genuis and intelligence. Then people with other forms of intelligence appeared in my life - collective conscious intelligence, empathic intelligence, energetic intelligence. Then I started experiences some of these forms. . . This allowed for a new resonance when I watched Leo's videos.

If you are watching Leo's nonduality and are not resonating with them like "whoa, yes, so that's what it's like", you are likely low on postrational direct experience and high on rational intellect. If you genuinely want to know "what it's like", I would suggest working toward direct mystical experience to reveal what it's like. Yet this can take a lot of effort and practice over time. If you want to get a quick taste of nondual experience, I would suggest trying a psychedelic - at least three trips in no longer than three months. 

Noboby conscious enough to realize he stole my joke and then ran with it

And its not even funny because mine was from dragonball z hehehe

Edited by Mattie