Gneh Onebar

Psychedelic Exploration with Christopher M. Bache

20 posts in this topic

Chris Bache wrote the book "LSD and the mind of the universe" (2019), where he speaks about his 73 high-dose LSD sessions over the course of 20 years. If you are interested in following a psychedelic path toward enligthenment (or more), I really recommand you this book.

https://www.innertraditions.com/books/lsd-and-the-mind-of-the-universe

Here is the text from the cover:

"On November 24, 1979, Christopher M. Bache took the first step on what would become a life-changing journey. Drawing from his training as a philosopher of religion, Bache set out to explore his mind and the mind of the universe as deeply and systematically as possible--with the help of the psychedelic drug LSD. Following protocols established by Stanislav Grof, Bache’s 73 high-dose LSD sessions over the course of 20 years drew him into a deepening communion with cosmic consciousness.

Journey alongside professor Bache as he touches the living intelligence of our universe--an intelligence that both embraced and crushed him--and demonstrates how direct experience of the divine can change your perspective on core issues in philosophy and religion. Chronicling his 73 sessions, the author reveals the spiral of death and rebirth that took him through the collective unconscious into the creative intelligence of the universe. Making a powerful case for the value of psychedelically induced spiritual experience, Bache shares his immersion in the fierce love and creative intent of the unified field of consciousness that underlies all physical existence. He describes the incalculable value of embracing the pain and suffering he encountered in his sessions and the challenges he faced integrating his experiences into his everyday life. His journey documents a shift from individual consciousness to collective consciousness, from archetypal reality to Divine Oneness and the Diamond Luminosity that lies outside cyclic existence.

Pushing the boundaries of theory and practice, the author shows how psychedelic experience can take you beyond self-transformation into collective transformation, beyond the present into the future, revealing spirit and matter in perfect balance."

Here are some YouTube videos:

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

Interesting.. He talks about past lives and other things that Martin Ball never touches on.

@herghly Bache seems to have a more holistic view. 

@Gneh Onebar  Thanks for sharing!

He is completely new to me. I've watched the last video you posted and will watch it again. Very interesting. 

Now started back at the top.

Im going to watch all his video's. Will probably order his book. ??

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot  You're welcome! The book is definitely worth buying it. I got goosebumps and felt like tripping while reading some passages. ;) 

On 1/26/2020 at 0:54 AM, Gneh Onebar said:

I got goosebumps and felt like tripping while reading some passages. ;) 

Contact high

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 26/01/2020 at 8:54 AM, Gneh Onebar said:

@Zigzag Idiot  You're welcome! The book is definitely worth buying it. I got goosebumps and felt like tripping while reading some passages. ;) 

I'm just finishing the book now and it's really quite amazing. I haven't read or heard of anyone else going through some of the experiences he talks about (although i'm not doubting there are). You mentioned you felt like tripping whilst reading some passages, and I too had some subtle changes in consciousness whilst reading it. It's a very inspiring book.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Just gotta brag that I met him at a workshop. I love the guy,

On 1/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, outlandish said:

Contact high

x100 in person.

Great pioneer.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, Gneh Onebar said:

@herghly Bache seems to have a more holistic view. 

Yea, his other books are on a variety of topics. He is a bit aware of Ken Wilber and spiral dynamics, certainly of Stan Grof, and many others. He writes on a variety of things, but one book calleed Lifecycles is just on reincarnation.

On 30.1.2020 at 0:05 AM, outlandish said:

Contact high

;) 

On 2.2.2020 at 1:13 PM, Space said:

I'm just finishing the book now and it's really quite amazing. I haven't read or heard of anyone else going through some of the experiences he talks about (although i'm not doubting there are). You mentioned you felt like tripping whilst reading some passages, and I too had some subtle changes in consciousness whilst reading it. It's a very inspiring book.

Jep, you are probably right. I also like his writing style and the person behind the words. ;) 

On 4.2.2020 at 1:48 AM, Cocolove said:

Just gotta brag that I met him at a workshop. I love the guy,

x100 in person.

Great pioneer.

Yea, his other books are on a variety of topics. He is a bit aware of Ken Wilber and spiral dynamics, certainly of Stan Grof, and many others. He writes on a variety of things, but one book calleed Lifecycles is just on reincarnation.

What workshop was that? Did you read Lifecycles? In LSD and the mind of the universe there is a chapter where he talks about reincarnation and I found the topic extremely fascinating. He says there noting less than that reincarnation has been scientifically proven and quotes a University professor.

@Deezeetho  You're welcome! :) 

Here we go again. ;) 

I've read his book too, it's really an amazing and beautiful book. It's a bit of a pity that you can't talk about these things with most people. I tried it a couple of times with some family but I just get these looks like the book is crazy, and me too for saying I find it beautiful.

Personally I would rather have the book a little less written like a scientific report, and be a more of a light read, but that's just my preference.

Thank you for linking the video's, I never watched much of them, but perhaps I will:-)

@Waken  Cool. I like the book because it's a mixture of a personal report and an academic work - however I'm a phd student, so I'm quite familiar with this style of writing. ;) I really appreciated the chapter about reincarnation, where Bache quotes a University professor, who seems to have scientifically proven, that reincarnation is a fact.

The book goes definitely deeper than the videos, but not everybody has the time to read it.

Edited by Gneh Onebar

On 2/7/2020 at 1:42 AM, Gneh Onebar said:

Jep, you are probably right. I also like his writing style and the person behind the words. ;) 

What workshop was that? Did you read Lifecycles? In LSD and the mind of the universe there is a chapter where he talks about reincarnation and I found the topic extremely fascinating. He says there noting less than that reincarnation has been scientifically proven and quotes a University professor.

@Deezeetho  You're welcome! :) 

at the psychedelic society of minnesota. I haven;t but it sounds very interesting

On 1.3.2020 at 0:36 AM, acidgoofy said:

It's my favorite book on psychedelics so far! I couldn't lay it down. Sometimes when I was reading something from my past trips came up that I haven't been conscious of and I had small awakenings that literally changed my life.

I know exactly what you mean. ;)

@Cocolove  Cool!