King Merk

Constant Unease

8 posts in this topic

There is this ever present unease in the back of my mind. An unease that I've noticed in essentially everyone I've ever interacted with. 

Why?

Why must we be so discontent at all times? Why do we always wish things were different from what they are?

Why are we constantly seeking distractions from this unease? Seeking sex. Seeking food. Seeking entertainment. Seeking pleasure. Seeking any temporary escape from this discontent.

Why can't I be okay with what is? Why does stillness drive me so mad? 

What is this constant unease that's forever whispering into my ear? 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@seeking_brilliance so true.

It's like dogs chasing me down tryna bite my ass. Definitely motivating to keep me moving but I'm not necessarily enjoy it :|

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 1/25/2020 at 4:32 AM, King Merk said:

There is this ever present unease in the back of my mind. An unease that I've noticed in essentially everyone I've ever interacted with. 

Why?

Why must we be so discontent at all times? Why do we always wish things were different from what they are?

Why are we constantly seeking distractions from this unease? Seeking sex. Seeking food. Seeking entertainment. Seeking pleasure. Seeking any temporary escape from this discontent.

Why can't I be okay with what is? Why does stillness drive me so mad? 

What is this constant unease that's forever whispering into my ear? 

We have forgotten who we are.... this forgetting is Maya (illusion of the self)

We feel separate and incomplete... we seek for something outside of our selves to complete us, but nothing will ever do it because we are already complete.

We're trying to fix something that was never broke. We run on the hamster wheel endlessly...

We're trying to integrate something that was never separated.

"The separation never occurred"

- A Course in Miracles (ACIM)

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

21 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@VeganAwake Was thinking along the same lines.

Some kind of Boundless Energy with pure potential manifesting as nothing and everything ?

It would be a lie to say this understands it over here haha..

It's incomprehensible to this mind. ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

22 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Some kind of Boundless Energy with pure potential manifesting as nothing and everything

That about sums up my 1st awakening. Stepping outside of time and space and into a land of pure unmanifest potential. The perfect state.

The energy"of source.

Ramana Maharshi said that peace of mind without surrender is impossible. There is a very nice (and short) story related to it on a web page dedicated to him under section Gems (also downloadable in different section). https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/teachings/gems/

Maybe take a look at that (it is the very first story), I suppose that he was generally seen as a very peaceful man, so his advice could help you out or make you investigate this subject matter more.