SBB4746

Does spiritual awakening lead to a desire of starting your own business/pathway?

19 posts in this topic

So I am a 26 year old guy who had a kundalini awakening about 3-4 years ago. Since then its been a bit of a roller coaster ride, I've experienced some ecstatic states of consciousness but also some crazy bouts of anxiety and depression that I have been working through daily (I've had a bit of a dark past beforehand). The hardest part has been working a full time job as a electrical engineer the last 2 years and trying to keep focused while have this unpredictable energy working through different parts of my body. Its given me a lot a of anxiety and I've also noticed that I don't have much interest in engineering anymore with my change in perception. I just see how limiting the whole corporate 9-5 system is, its a bit soul destroying. I have been getting a greater desire to start over with my career, something more creative and soul enriching but I don't know what yet. Just wondering if starting your own business often comes after a spiritual awakening? I don't know if I can hold onto the whole 9-5 way of living much longer..

@SBB4746 your wishes is totally normal. 

Me too, I really Looking what can i do to change my work. Because working simple job with out creativity kills me inside. 

Take your time start to try different things and you will find something! 

I am on the same path, Looking and searcing. 

Wish you luck ❤️?

No, it all depends.

Although in practice many awakened folks tend to run their own shops. Once you're that conscious it just doesn't makes sense to waste your consciousness working for some fool to earn him money.

The point of awakening is that then you're in a great and rare position to help uplift the world. The world needs your conscious leadership. You don't awaken and then go work at Wall Street to make a killing, hehehe...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@FourSeasons Thanks for your input.Its good to know there are others in the same boat. I am trying to learn a bit about basic online business during the weekends (e.g. selling on Amazon) so I can stop depending so much on the 9-5 income.

I wish you luck with your own path :) 

@Leo Gura Yeah true, it does make sense. Awakening opens a person up to new possibilities and inspiration which makes it hard. Unfortunately we got to play by societies rules by some degree if we're going to make a living. Be a bit of a charmeloen..  

Edited by SBB4746

Although, selling widgets on Amazon seems to me as uninspiring as 9-5 job.

The novelty feeling of making money online wears off quickly and you are left only with a non-satisfying business that demands way more of your attention than any other job. 

@Girzo It depends on how you go about it really. I really enjoy the amount of freedom that I have mostly selling stuff on ebay and locally. It's been an amazing amount of freedom and the amount of stress in my life is usually pretty minimal. Sure, working on more contribution might be better, but to help someone get into a position to get themselves free from a 9-5 I think it could really help. I spend a large majority of my time dong personal development, sourcing items, building good habits, and working on life purpose. For me it has made complete sense to go this route. It could suck a lot of time up though and especially will at the start. But to be fair I enjoy my days very well at the moment. I wake up ready to see what the next day is going to bring me. I can take any day off that I want to and do anything at really any time that I want to. 

I am just about ready to hire my sister to help me list items and I will continue to work towards my financial freedom while building skills and learning life purpose. I realize I have a bias here because I do this type of work. But just something for OP to consider. I do think if he can find life purpose first then go right into that and not get sucked into Amazon selling. Especially if he really does not enjoy to sell stuff. I enjoy selling myself and it started from it being a hobby. 

You can also sell higher conscious items and use your touch to influence the people you meet, buy, and sell stuff from as well. You get the opportunity to uplift the world through any facet that you decide to choose, but some things are going to be more impactful than others. You just have to decide where you want to be at with that. 

@Average Investor Yes, of course, I have nothing against doing ecommerce, but it just isn't something that comes to your mind when someone says they are looking for a "soul-enriching" work. :P

Maybe OP just meant it as a stepping stone to free up some time, idk

Online biz should not be about making money, it's about using the internet to spread consciousness and love.

Online, offline -- doesn't matter.

@Girzo Yeah, I get you there lol. Most of the people in reselling just hop in, when it seems hot or a fad. Or they had seen some guy making 6 figures doing it on youtube. It's not for the faint of heart and people looking for quick money. I am a nerd when it comes to obscure collectibles and items. I love looking for it and shifting though piles of junk to find the gold. If I dedicated my time to make the max amount of money doing this I would not like it anymore. Maybe on some levels of it would be fun, but really being at the core of it is what brings me the most joy from doing it. 

For survival sake yeah, I have to up the numbers sometimes. I have financial goals I want to meet doing it. But when it comes down to it I was doing it making nothing before. 

@Leo GuraI have been reading A New Earth and I am seeing more and more how that really does impact the world heavily. I need to continue to deepen my own consciousness and love, and work on spreading it more. 

@SBB4746 You can do whatever you want to, now and later. It doesn't have to be "higher consciousness jobs". Do whatever feels right to you.

Before "enlightenment" chop wood carry water, after "enlightenment" chop worry carry water. A lot of people get stuck in the middle: on "enlightenment".

@SBB4746 Might sound ‘out there’, but when you get a dream board full of what you’re wanting in front of you, after awhile a different perspective comes into focus. It’s much much easier to see the bigger view all at once, and much easier to enjoy the day to day & minute to minute, knowing it is headed the way you want to be headed. This feeling also makes things like diet & fitness, and even relationships virtually effortless. Off the top of my head, self employed electricians around here have a two week wait list demand, write their own schedules, and charge around $150.00 an hour. Just a hypothetical next step, but maybe one that reveals a lot about starting & owning a business, different views & mindsets experienced from working for yourself, etc. Maybe that leads to hiring someone, maybe starting a new, or second company. One step at a time is always doable, knowing what you’re wanting inspires.  Less of a ‘starting over’ view, and more of a next step in the existing continuum is seen possibly. Maybe starting over fresh is best too, just some thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Average Investor how long ago did you start your eBay store? Can you still make money doing that? I thought the market was extremely over-saturated and the profit margin is minimal.

3 hours ago, playdoh said:

@Average Investor how long ago did you start your eBay store? Can you still make money doing that? I thought the market was extremely over-saturated and the profit margin is minimal.

Hard to make a living on eBay. Those days have sailed. Look for greener pastures.

@playdoh I started several years ago just selling my personal stuff. Gradually learned the ropes over time for it. Really invested a lot of time into learning in the last year though. 

Depends what you sell and how much you want to sell. Also, depends on your knowledge on items. Your location is a big factor too. I can travel about an hour away Friday, Saturday, or Sunday on a weekend and fill my entire third row suv to the ceiling with stuff consistently from garage sales during garage sale season. I can go to the same city every weekend during winter and get a full suv of smaller product for $100. Plus I can get some good electronics for cheap there all while stocking up on some cheap groceries. I can make over $30 an hour on the small product, which I have calculated. But I am also working to speed up that process. I have some new equipment coming and I want to hire my sister to help me bust through that stuff too. I have bought out part of a business before to acquire inventory too.

I also have a pretty passive way to make money with it stocking local stores with inventory that I literally get delivered to my house. I eat a couple hours of time moving it and loading it. But after that I make pure profit on thousands of small items. Granted I average .4 a piece give or take, but I sell them out in bulk. There is a ton of wholesale options I could get into as well if I had a warehouse. You can get stuff by the semi load if you can really move inventory. It is all in the system you build to move stuff. 

A big factor is going to be how much space you have to work with too. I am incredibly lucky to be able to use the amount of space I have to work on my business. 

I am going to work to pay for a program and set up the system to place my products on several platforms at once for each listing. Most likely Shopify, Amazon, Mercari, Etsy, and maybe some others. This would really give me a big boost in sales as well. But I have a good amount of mastery on ebay and my customers are very pleased there. I also sell a lot locally, which really helps my business. 

Most people I see that are into it are really struggling. I was surprised to see a guy with a local store that's been up for 10 years start to liquidate. I realize why the guy had a bad attitude towards me now though, he probably seen me as taking potential inventory from him. But in reality there is so much stuff out there it is unreal, you have to just know what to look for. Most eBay sellers are really stuck in one category. I have pretty extensive knowledge on items at this point and I can usually tell pretty quickly if I am holding a high quality item or not. 

I know a guy that is nearing a million dollars of profit in a year after taxes and overhead selling mostly postcards, records, and other paper collectibles. Granted he has 9 employees at this point. To make over $100k a year by yourself you need to be good for sure and work quite a bit. Much more over that you really need employees. You just have to know what you are doing and be different from the others really. I do really good because I can spot the things that all of the other resellers think are worthless, or don't want to invest the time or effort into. Just like the guy with the post cards and records, most won't want to have anything to do with that kind of stuff, but that right ones can bring in a ton of money. 

For most reaching 50k in a year is quite hard for them. It also takes quite a bit of money to get the ball rolling as well. I am looking to hit that mark at least this year. But it will take some time and work. 

Edited by Average Investor

@playdoh Leo is right though really if you are just wanting to make a quick buck you can pretty much forget it lol. You could get a job most likely that could pay better with less emotional effort. I like what I do and enjoy the amount of freedom it gives me. It has allowed me to enhance my life tremendously. I am working on building a higher purpose though. Eventually ebay will go back to a hobby and passively sell the rest of my inventory. If I ever end up needing money or in a pinch I can always bring it back up. 

If you need to pull some money together to start your business or help you with some bills, then by all means go around your house and list some stuff on ebay to sell it. You would be surprised how much money you have laying around. You could head to your local thrift store and find some stuff you can sell. It works well for that for anyone really. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Nahm Thanks for your suggestion, it does help to see it in that way :) I know its never going to be starting over, there has been a lot I have discovered about myself and grown as a person while working at my current job.

On 25.1.2020. at 3:04 AM, Nahm said:

@SBB4746Less of a ‘starting over’ view, and more of a next step in the existing continuum is seen possibly. Maybe starting over fresh is best too, just some thoughts. 

Thanks. 

Facing this "problem". 

This Conciousness thing somehow doesn't want me to start all over and throw everything. 

The more I want that, more I see it will never come. 

Maximization of Love I guess. 

Forget and fresh start would be so cool. Returning of relative notion but it's impossible now. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

3 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

The more I want that, more I see it will never come. 

That’s a rough & silly belief. ??

Get to the feeling good of the wanting, by rooting out thoughts that don’t feel good. 

You want it & it is coming. Get more clear of what you want, and more clear of believing thoughts about doubt, etc. Inspect. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE