Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sagar Takker

Shamanic Breathing | One Year of Breathwork practice

3 posts in this topic

I have committed myself to a one year super consistent practice of Shamanic Breathing.

For now, I have decided to practice the technique for 10 minutes every day for the next 30 days. I don't know if this is the 'right' way to go about it. I just feel inspired to do it this way. After 30 days, I will define my practice based on what feels right then.

My intentions are:

1. To consistently practice the technique and reach a place where I can do 30 minute and eventually 90 minute sessions. The technique is quite challenging, as per my experience. To do it even for ten minutes requires tremendous amount of diligence and effort.

2. To document my journey. To record what challenges, experiences, results happen through a consistent practice of Shamanic Breathing for one year.

3. To inspire others through my example. I intend to live a profound life and inspire others to do the same. I love this intention.

4. To build an audience for my youtube channel. To be honest, a major reason for creating this journal is also to direct some traffic to my youtube channel. Yet, I don't want to be self-promoting here. I intend to post videos about this whole journey on youtube and also to share those videos here in this journal. If, however, that gets considered against forum guidelines, I would be happy to refrain doing so.

Let's become God.

Some previous days' entries (originally maintained in my commonplace journal):

21/01/2020 06:24
Did 10 minutes. Was a bit challenging as usual. Ended up stretching and twisting like before. Paused at times because of getting tired.

20/01/2020 05:49
Did 10 minutes. Nothing unusual. Some vibrations felt in the body after the session; during post session relaxation period. Also a desire arose to do some deep stretching and twisting. Some headache during the session. 

19/01/2020 08:27
Did 10 minutes of practice. At points I kind of dozed off, when awareness returned I continued. Nothing special experienced. When I got up to put off the alarm, I was kind of dizzy and immediately I returned to lying down position. While typing this I felt a bit of a sharp pain in left shoulder-blade.

29/01/2020

After I made a public commitment to practice the technique for 30 days consistently, things happened in such a way that I didn't practice. I don't want to make excuses. I could have done it but didn't.

This has happened with me at times. That when I made a public commitment, it didn't go very well. For that reason I had refrained from making public commitments. However, I have learnt now that failing to be perfect in commitments is part of the process. So why not let people see myself failing? The important thing is to stay persistent and keep going despite failing over and over.

Anyway, I practiced the technique for 10 minutes just now and live streamed it on youtube.

Note to myself: Persist. Always do your best.

I have been into self-improvement since around 2011-2012. I have practiced so many techniques consistently. Shamanic breathing has so far been the most taxing. Doing it for ten minutes is an ordeal. Nevertheless, now that I find it challenging, it would be fun to ace it; to practice it hard, to go all the way in and come out on the other end, transformed.

I have been reading Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday. Such an inspirational book. Changes one's perspective about challenges.

For now, I find the practice of Shamanic Breathing quite challenging; something that I am even developing a mental resistance for. I feel like not doing it. And that tells me I better strengthen my commitment and do it, nay, ace it.

I will ace it.

See me rising. Witness me.