LfcCharlie4

Favourite Works of Art

47 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, thought I’d create a topic about everyone’s favourite works of art. 

To me Art goes beyond just paintings and drawings, and by art I mean anything creative/ created by humans, so Music, Films, TV shows, Architecture, Cities, Sports/ Sports Games& Players, Books, Drawings&Paintings, Videos, Cars, Theatre Shows etc and anything else that falls under this umbrella of Art. 

Also, it doesn’t have to be about enlightenment or “high consciousness” I just mean anything you love or think was an awesome work of art, that moved you or that you just simply love. 

I think this could be an awesome discussion and open each other up to works of art we may not have been aware of before whether that’s an amazing album, film or sport, all of life is really simply art And is beautiful. 

Also, art is of course subjective so someone else’s favourite may not be yours and that’s what makes life even more beautiful.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Hi there, here are a few of my favorite paintings:

1.jpg

"Wanderer above the sea of fog" by the german romantic artist Caspar David Friedrich. It has been considered one of the masterpieces of romanticism and one of its most representative works. For me it shows liberation in nutshell.

5.jpg

"Wheatfield with cypresses" by dutch post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh. I really like the movement of everything (colors, shapes etc.) in his paintings. It seems like a good representation of ever changing consciousness.

4.jpg

"The Scream" by norwegian expressionist artist Edvard Munch. This is total ego collapse. ;) 

Edited by Gneh Onebar

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

I guess y’all know by now that I am a big fan of classical music; here are a few of my very favorite creations of all time:

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

My favourite works of art ... I could make very long list. I love so many creative works. I will mostly name the artists names because I often like alot of their stuff. 

Games: Yume Nikki, Metroid (Prime), .flow, Life is Strange

Painter: Van Gogh, Claude Monet

The glitchart of Rob Sheridan. 

Mangas: Gantz, Death Note, Monster

Shows: Mr. Robot, Twin Peaks, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze

Musicians/Bands: This list would be too long. I literally love most genres and could name some artists in the specific genre that deeply touch me. 

What art I enjoy most comes and goes in phases. At the moment I mostly listen to classical music and piano arrangements from TAMusics "Nocturne" Album Series. Here is an example: 

Edited by lain

@lain Monster is great. I wish to find Emile Sebe's (Klaus Poppe etc) books online. Some sources  online say that he was real person

Two if the english poems I have always liked.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

-William Wordsworth

--------------------------

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

-Lord Byron

Thanks for giving me an excuse to browse through the art that I've saved in my pc. I won't give any description of the things I am attaching here, but I do recommend reading up on the art in wikipedia. There is also a limit of 4.88mb so I'll stop here. 

1024px-Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_Landscape_with_the_Fall_of_Icarus_-_WGA03321.jpg

Assistants_and_George_Frederic_Watts_-_Hope_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

dld6u4z807211.png

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

IMG_20200125_192646.jpg

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Oh my, @Emmaz 

I saw some of the art work you shared and it’s absolutely beautiful. I saw some of those pieces and my mind just blacked out from the sheer connection I felt with one of them. 

The second one gave me an indescribable feeling in my chest. The others ones just added onto it. 

Thanks for sharing, those art pieces were amazingly beautiful. 

@Emmaz  Good stuff man... I am and always have been in love with fin de siècle art. I actually got a live sized print of one of the Mucha posters below (the Medea one) hanging on the wall of my Berlin apartment, complete with an ornamented frame that I built myself from gold-sprayed stucco. That one was a true labor of love -- and as much as I hate to blow my own horn, I gotta say that it looks fucking BADASS. B|

Alfons-Mucha-Gismonda-Medea.jpg

Why so serious?

@fridjonk  Love the "Saturn eating his son alive" ones, but those vehicles really caught me off-guard haha

Edited by Yog

1 hour ago, Yog said:

but those vehicles really caught me off-guard haha

@Yog hahaha good, that's how it's supposed to be ;)

May I know the source of the art you posted, they're insanely amazing, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. 

Edited by fridjonk

@Yog Thanks! I can't stop staring at that 2nd one; how empty and lifeless her eyes are, operating by pure shadows. 

@fridjonk  <3 :* 

The one with the eyes you mentioned reminds me of this scene.
Its a game that revolves around schizophrenia, paranormal and OBE stuff like shadow people.
its freaky how a being can envelop you and suck you dry, the oldest of fears.