28 cm unbuffed

Shadow work

9 posts in this topic

In this video Aaron speaks about something called "demonic possesion", a situation where shadow becomes repressed so much, that it takes control over individual. And I feel something like that happened to me.

Not sure how to go about it - I mean, should I just let go, let it take control over me, to heal it?

I want to control it, to not do some stupid, dark shit, yet - isn't it counterproductive and isn't it repressing it all over again? 
What is the best approach here? Have any of you expierenced something like that?

Please, droop all demon stuff, it will only make your mind react in stupid ways, it is simply mechanic how mind works depending on states. 

Edited by purerogue

Well it does matter, yo are already making idea in your head how you should be , thinking that acting certain way is bad, well lets slip it, kryia yoga, or just energy work in general can make shift, but it has very scarce information, not counting all people and self made guru materials, that are far from real thing,not saying that there is no good information from them, but will you actually know which is, which is not , so your best bet is work trough gurus who work with emotional stuff, but it will mean you will have to pick peaces by peaces, where energy work does it itself , but is more dangerous.

Third option is forcing trough awareness, but it is dodgy thing as it will not really fix core stuff and might lose effect if your awareness level lowers , or your state shifts. 

I actually think the concept of a demon is highly scientific and effective at communicating details of a person's state. For example in my own life I have found things that I cannot help. Things that made me act in a certain negative way that I couldn't control whatsoever. In the relative sense I am separate from the thing that I cannot control. It effects me as much as it effects the people around me. In this sense I feel as though the concept of a demon helps differentiate the person from their problem. Instead of it being you vs your bully, it should be you & your bully vs your bully's self esteem issues. To show love to a bully and side with him and really love him, it changes him if you help him with his demon. This is possible when the idea that people are just straight up evil is dropped. Hurt people hurt people.

This would be similar to understanding mental illness or disabled. When a little kid yells out loud it's his demon (his problem/his uncontrolled features) not him. And people understand this. It's effecting him as much as it's effecting you. You and him both hate it. This is why I like the concept of demons and stuff. Although, it might not be the best way to conceptualise I'm not sure

Edited by Aaron p

There's a very good shadow work book called "Feeding your Demons" by Lama Tsultrim Allione. Is like Jung's active imatination meets Focusing (by Eugene Gendling) and buddhist teachings. 

@28 cm unbuffed Ime, once they’re being purified, gut wrenchingly barfed out of you...pretty sure that’s where the term ‘demons’ comes from. It’s like a damn exorcism. This might sound too easy, but, just set the intention. Something like “I’m done with the suffering. I want this crap to rise up, and get the fuck out”. And by God, it will. Takes time. Doing the inspection work, such as the Judge Your Neightbor Worksheet, can help a lot. Also, talking with someone who has already went through it can make it way easier (in a way) and way shorter. I’ve seen this stuff go on for decades believe or not, and be resolved in an hour. Sometimes honest, earned conviction just resonates in this way.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

@28 cm unbuffed Ime, once they’re being purified, gut wrenchingly barfed out of you...pretty sure that’s where the term ‘demons’ comes from. 

Gut wrenchingly may imply suffering but I don't think that's case. The suffering is all in the thinking before you throw up, wondering IF and when you're going to throw up, then when you do it's a huge relief. So much of a relief that you feel like you're on top of the world. Hedonic adaptation is a cheap explanation for it. 

@28 cm unbuffed This sounds like a paradox but there's a careful balance between curiosity and meditation. Meditate, shut your mind off when you need to, get curious rather than complain, dream, go in the direction of what you want, do what makes you happy. Accept that you are responsible for and attracting everything in your experience and get curious about seeing how and why. Another paradox is that you do not want to get stuck in blame and shame, yet you also want to be brutally honest with yourself. The focus this requires is why meditation and having clear mind intervals are so important. You need a dream, a vision, a charge and a love for this moment in order to have the Self Love to see yourself clearly. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost