Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yonkon

Drugs Cause Bad Karma

20 posts in this topic

I want to discuss the statement above, what are your thoughts?

Recently i heard that Terence Mckenna died of brain tumor. His doctors assured him it had nothing to do with his psychedelic use, but he firmly believed that his cancer was a direct result of his drug use. I don't have this as a quote, a friend just told it me like that.

So besides the quote being true, what are thoughts on this problematic? Will using a shortcut to consciousness have a backlash sooner or later? Will it be "punished" through cosmic law?

I don't think this is the case, but to be honest i still have some doubts. 

Who knows, some say you can not live longer life then you are supposed to, you can only live better or worse. 

@Yonkon All brain tumors are related to hallucinogenic use?

Ramana Maharshi died of cancer. Actually a lot of people die of cancer. Both "saints" and "devils". That's just the way it is. The vessel gets old, sick and then it dies. 

I'd be more observant of the fear about whether psychedelics doesn't go well with your idea of a judgemental God than actually having a good time with psychedelics. You can trip and visualise skullfucking Jesus cranium if you want. Because you are completely free. It is your imprinted fear of a personified cunty God that makes you scared of being judged. God is beyond judgement.

@Esoteric I think those gurus or sages died because they wanted to, so it was up to them, like Yogananda, what you think?

Edited by m0hsen

24 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@Esoteric I think those gurus or sages die because they wanted to, so it was up to them, like Yogananda, what you think?

You probably mean "highest" state of samadhi, you simply leave this reality, you do not get cancer, or something!

They would die anyway, if they enter such state before they die is another question, but I doubt it. 

As I know , you can not completely dissolve if you do not enter such state, but I might be wrong. 

Edited by purerogue

@m0hsen I think Yogananda consciously left his body, yes. Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta probably just let the body die of the cancer. When you have that level of awareness it probably does not matter. Maybe a preference, who knows.

@Esoteric great answers! I noticed that tend to the superstitious personified god due to christian upbringing. Absolute freedom is scary, but that is what the whole thing is about. 

Lol I can't die from this I've already got a brain tumor but it's benign and just doing nothing. Best way to stop someone keying your car? Key it yourself ?

@Yonkon Even if you meditate 30 years continuously and have an exemplary behavior but have not yet reached liberation, all these will still generate karma but positive, in this case. So become aware of your true nature as Pure Consciousness and karma generation will stop.❤️

Hitler went to heaven, you won't go to hell for using drugs. 

@purerogue I don't think it's true to say that once they reahed God's consciousness or samadhi they would die anyway,  there's yogis who living for hundreds or thousands of years in Himalaya, like Babaji. Btw meditating seems to purifys the nervous system to be able to reach those state of superconsciosness like samadhi not just let you taste what it is to have higher state of consciousness for a limited time, correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Edited by m0hsen

Just now, m0hsen said:

@purerogue I don't think it's true to say that with samadhi they would die anyway, there's yogis who living for hundreds or thousands of years in Himalaya, like Babaji. Btw meditating seems to purifys the nervous system to be able to reach those state of superconsciosness like samadhi not just let you taste what it is to have higher state of consciousness for a limited time, correct me if I'm wrong guys.

you can not extend your life forever, no matter what state you reach, life is limited and to be fair, thous people already get born knowing that they will have long life, anyway , smadhi has many states, it is not one state.  

@purerogue But Boredom is state of ego-mind, not blissful-pure-existence-consciosness.

Edited by m0hsen

4 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@purerogue But Boredom is state of ego-mind, not blissful-pure-existence-consciosness.

Do people always fell bored? 

@purerogue No, but no matter how much you seek happiness in external world, your ego-mind will never be satisfied, and its happiness is very temporary state, and it's always in state of wanting. Because God designed it in such way, for his specific goal and keep the game going. :)

Edited by m0hsen

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

@purerogue No, but no matter how much you seek happiness in external world, your ego-mind will never be satisfied fully, and its happiness is very temporary, and it's always in state of wanting. Because God designed it in such way, for his specific goal and keep the game going. :)

If you truly believe it you can go for dissolving.

I highly doubt it. Psychedelics have been nothing but a blessing in my life. It almost feels like I got lucky with good karma for them entering into my life in the first place. Forever grateful. 

Also, from what I observe karma is not some binary force like this. Are psychedelics spreading love and truth or are they spreading hate and illusion? Or perhaps each possibility exists with the way they're used? 

@purerogue well i guess it's not a belief but Self-Realization, and how do you know like a lot of people in this forum who are in this path, I'm not on this path too? :)

Alexander Shulgin, inventor of MDMA, 2C-B, and 100+ other psychedelics, who personally tested and sampled all of them, lived till his 90's.

So by your logic, you should do as many psychedelics as possible to live longer ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Well from bad trips the psychological trauma can really fuck you up and you can create your own cancers and tumors if you hold onto the trauma long enough and do not know how to transmute it but like Leo said with psychedelics, especially more natural ones like shrooms, i would find this extremely unlikely to occur unless you absolutely abuse with no spiritual respect to the plant medicines and keep using as form of escape.

You always have to respect plant medicines and always journey with spiritual intent, otherwise you are asking for trouble.

Otherwise in most cases it is the food and the environment and lifestyle that one lives that creates an environment for cancer or tumor to grow, unless the government injected him in his sleep for spreading too much knowledge :D:D:D

Who knows but Karma is ultimately self-imposed. You on a higher level do it to yourself cause you know that you should know better.

I was driving one day for 3 - 4 hours and the last 10 minutes i was almost home i decided to ego-out a bit and step on the peddle cause i was tired and hungry and highway patrol was right there hiding in the oncoming traffic waiting to take my licence. Its like when you are awake and aware, you know that you know better on a higher level, so even the smallest feeding of the ego, you almost always get instant karma.

Where when you are still asleep, universe is seems much more forgiving. Who knows, it also could be another belief system i have bought into :P

Namaste

B R E A T H E