mindcentral

Spirituality for the chronically ill

39 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Anna1 said:

No worries, I do very well. I don't do anything specific now a days. 

Cool! Doctors first asumed, that I have MS, but it turned finally out to be FSHD. If you have any tips to deal with chronic illnesses, feel free to share. :) 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

@mindcentral

Grow up in a household with a chronically stressed overbearing  person, or stress filled situation for years on end?

Have any major occurrences...car accident, unexpected death...?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Grow up in a household with a chronically stressed overbearing  person, or stress filled situation for years on end?

i know this is directed toward mindcentral, but what advice do you have on this?

4 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Cool! Doctors first asumed, that I have MS, but it turned finally out to be FSHD. If you have any tips to deal with chronic illnesses, feel free to share. :) 

I was diagnosed in 1991 (21 years old), so at first I was scared to death and had a lot of issues with it, etc. Even went on disability for 10+ years.

One day I decided to not think about it anymore and have a positive outlook about it. I even stopped my disease modifying injection. I was sick and tired of it all.

So, that's what I did and I got better over time, with less and less disease relapse and now rarely anything. I even went to nursing school and have been working ever since.

I can't explain it more than I have, but that's what's happened.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 that is incrediblee and im so happy for you

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

I was diagnosed in 1991 (21 years old)

O.o i thought you were 21 in your picture!!

3 minutes ago, moon777light said:

@Anna1 that is incrediblee and im so happy for you

O.o i thought you were 21 in your picture!!

Lol, no, but thanks. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

i know this is directed toward mindcentral, but what advice do you have on this?

The relative, ‘per person’ or ‘one off’ nuance of this topic is so sensitive that I couldn’t possibly give enough disclaimers to ease the potential triggering, upsetting and offending of people. It is very very much for a one on one conversation, vs the function & visibility of a public forum. Let me get that out of the way (hopefully) to anyone reading this by acknowledging I am crazy, I don’t know what I’m talking about, and I have zero accolades, certifications or accreditations to be talking about this,... and let me be upfront that I honestly don’t care about this type of “problem” either. If it’s useful, great. If it’s not, great. 

That said, there is a category of diagnoses when someone is clearly struggling with health & well being where doctors are, in the literal sense, unable to find and be able to visually see, as in point to, the issue. It’s symptomatic of the scientific / identification paradigm, and is slowly changing. Cancer, for example, you can see it using technology, and you can track it and deduce information. Some other “medical” issues, are not medical issues, but because we are where we are in history / evolution so to speak, there is a dramatically (imo) overly-broad-stroke of going to a doctor for everything...and because the average doctor is not enlightened, but instead completely identified... rather than continuing to probe in a ‘all my attention being given to this unique one of a kind individual’ style, until they do find what’s going on....instead, labels are created. It’s lazy, basically, but it’s consciousness, and it’s entirely innocent at the same time. The intention of these labels is to diagnose so we can move to treatment. But, it’s important to acknowledge the “diagnoses” is being created by the doctor, wether they’re aware of it or not. Again, with something like cancer, it is visually speaking, seen. Down the road, I believe what I’m suggesting here will also be seen with things like cancer...in the sense we currently have the technology & consciousness to see some of the momentum and relativity behind it, still, when the one diagnosing & treating is limited by identity, pressure, money, reputation, etc, the entirety of the patient care is extremely limited as if it was a second thought. There is not as deep of a dive into looking at the nuance of a big enough picture, such as the person’s childhood, psychological environment, internalizations, habits, relationships, identity, and most importantly the understanding & lens that they are the creator of reality. When these are taken into account & understood, the conversation is entirely different, and beliefs begin to surface, and truth begins to heal. That is, one begins to heal one’s self, by letting go of what they did not realize they were ‘carrying’. I might be over doing the disclaimer factor here, but in a nutshell...most often one begins to realize they have been believing facets of experience are reality, as in, “of the outside world”, when in fact they are just deep, deep, beliefs about reality. Also, in fairness to any medical professionals that might read this, not a one of us can or should ever be expected to do, what Love can do. But the “paradox” of course, is that we all can. 

@Gneh Onebar i read ther was a study in france where they got really good results in treating fshd with anti oxidants. i don’t know which ones - but it seems to be an antioxidants mix. so i would probably try to start researching there and try some antioxidants maybe even different or stronger ones than they tried in the study. i would read if there are already any recommendations or also test if you feel any better with a vegan diet, or if it is counterproductive. it’s very difficult if your illness has no secure indicators on which you could measure it on a day to day basis. but usually if inflammatory processes are being part of it, either way a vegan diet would reduce inflammatory processes in the body.

Edited by remember

@remember  Thx for you Infos! ;) By the way do you mean this study:  https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2017/7020295/? But this one isn't in french. I am on a plant based diet for 80-90% of the week for some months now. I got good hints from @Dimi. He recommended me different fruits and veggies that have a lot of antioxidants (I talked About my actual diet in my Journal).

15 hours ago, Anna1 said:

I was diagnosed in 1991 (21 years old), so at first I was scared to death and had a lot of issues with it, etc. Even went on disability for 10+ years.

One day I decided to not think about it anymore and have a positive outlook about it. I even stopped my disease modifying injection. I was sick and tired of it all.

So, that's what I did and I got better over time, with less and less disease relapse and now rarely anything. I even went to nursing school and have been working ever since.

I can't explain it more than I have, but that's what's happened.

Wow! So, in the end what changed your condition was the power of the mind. :) 

3 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Mind is so powerful that you can create experience you want with it.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

I suppose so, although I just knew I didn't want to think of it anymore. So, it's not that I set my mind on healing. I was just done thinking about it, regardless of what could happen. It's been about 15 years now.

Also, I didn't want an outside source to get me thinking about it, so I didn't go to neurologist, unless having a problem and I refused MRI's for many years (I think it was 8 yrs), hence the surprise when I finally agreed to one and was told the lesions were noticably shrinking. My doctor said she doesn't see that happen often, if at all.

I will say though that what I did was risky and not for everyone, since I stopped my disease modifying meds, but to me, having to inject intramuscular every other day was a reminder I didn't want.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Nahm thank you for the detailed answer

On 1/26/2020 at 6:03 PM, Nahm said:

There is not as deep of a dive into looking at the nuance of a big enough picture, such as the person’s childhood, psychological environment, internalizations, habits, relationships, identity, and most importantly the understanding & lens that they are the creator of reality. When these are taken into account & understood, the conversation is entirely different, and beliefs begin to surface, and truth begins to heal. That is, one begins to heal one’s self, by letting go of what they did not realize they were ‘carrying’.

i wonder what the medical paradigm would look like if this was implemented. Barely anyone would be sick

2 hours ago, Anna1 said:

I suppose so, although I just knew I didn't want to think of it anymore. So, it's not that I set my mind on healing. I was just done thinking about it, regardless of what could happen. It's been about 15 years now.

Also, I didn't want an outside source to get me thinking about it, so I didn't go to neurologist, unless having a problem and I refused MRI's for many years (I think it was 8 yrs), hence the surprise when I finally agreed to one and was told the lesions were noticably shrinking. My doctor said she doesn't see that happen often, if at all.

I will say though that what I did was risky and not for everyone, since I stopped my disease modifying meds, but to me, having to inject intramuscular every other day was a reminder I didn't want.

I get what you mean. Did spirituality played a role in this rather radical choice?

27 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

I get what you mean. Did spirituality played a role in this rather radical choice?

Actually, it did not. I didn't get into spirituality (started with Eckhart Tolle) until 2009. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

@Nahm thank you for the detailed answer

i wonder what the medical paradigm would look like if this was implemented. Barely anyone would be sick

I know right?  It’s on it’s way. 

@Nahm Truth Heals. 

Don't wish to go way to woo woo. But lets say (atleast for "my perspective") body can't get sick if you are One. It just can't. Dunno if this is correct but that is how it is felt. 

What causes illnesses is lack of Love. 

Sounds so woo woo and out there but I do feel like I can't get sick as One.