Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Cool insight would like to share

13 posts in this topic

just had some san pedro. Due to low alkaloid content + probably prepared it improperly, trip wasn't that big(felt like taking a little molly), but got an insight would like to share:

If you feel bad about procrastination, what you generally think is you're feeling bad about being lazy, having poor discipline, etc. When you are productive, you're happy because you're living up to those morals you've set for yourself.

On san pedro (actually molly hahaha) I got in touch with God's infinite will. God has a direction, a push, for something. But God does not desire, or try. God is not determined like how humans are. God pushes in that direction, no matter how much effort is necessary, simply because he IS that push. Its a bit like an apple falling off a tree. Apple don't fall off trees because they want to, but because that's what they are, that's what gravity is. It does it simply by existing.

A perfectly determined, willful person would be an actualization of God's will. They would push through effortful tasks, and not procrastinate not because that's what they want, or desire. They would not use mind games to push through resistance, they would simple do the heavy lifting because that's who they are, like the apple falling off the tree. 

When you get disappointed due to procrastination, you're not actually upset about being lazy, someone who procrastinates, etc. You're actually reacting to your misalignment with God's will. There's a misalignment with your will and God's. That's all that's going on.

In terms of what to do with this, if you have these problems, while meditating or going on a psychedlic, inquire about God's will. Once you've tasted it, if you feel like procrastinating, remind yourself of God's will. What it felt like, where it resided, then remind yourself that aligning with God's will is what will overcome these problems. 

13 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

They would push through effortful tasks, and not procrastinate not because that's what they want, or desire. They would not use mind games to push through resistance,

Awesome post. 

But I didn't get what sort of mind games you were referring to. Explaining with examples would be appreciated. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Due to low alkaloid content + probably prepared it improperly,

@electroBeam Could you expand a bit on this? How was it prepared and how much did you consume?

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

But I didn't get what sort of mind games you were referring to. Explaining with examples would be appreciated. 

During the trip, it was meant in a very harsh, strict sense. Even using visualisations and affirmations were considered mind games. Anything at the level of intellect. But for the purposes of the post telling yourself "do this otherwise you're lazy" or "you're even more lazy than your mum/dad" sort of negative feedback, "if you do this then good things will happen to you" sort of naive optimism, etc. 

Rather there may be value in inquiring about why you value determination and strong will, and connect with it on an experiential level, rather than play mind games.

20 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@electroBeam Could you expand a bit on this? How was it prepared and how much did you consume?

hahahaha...

I chopped about 1 foot and 5 cm (2 inches) into pieces to make a bunch of star looking things. I cut the white parts off of the stars and just left the green with some white parts. I attempted to cut off the skin, but due to my inadequate technical skills decided to leave it on. I put it in the blender with boiling water, blended it to a sludge, put the pulp through a strainer and then left it for 24 hours before consuming.

The cactus was a bit thin, might have been 4cm wide (1.9 inches). 

Wow yeah very subtle dynamic at play here... thank you for pointing this out and sharing ??

@electroBeam Do you think you could strain it again and extract more? Or is it too late now? Just wondering.

@cetus56 Unfortunately not. But a bigger thing on my mind is figuring out how to not vomit on the next round hahaha. I'll probs try an extraction or more refined/condensed tea next time.

@electroBeam Good to know.. I heard the good stuff is contained mostly in the outer green region of the "star" when you look at a cross cut. Maybe next time try using only that part of the cactus and less of the inner pulp.

@cetus56 yes I did! But I kept the skin... that may be a contributor. 

I also think condensing it may help with vomiting. I just assumed it helped with eating only. 

But extraction I think would significantly reduce vomiting. Surely the body wouldn't bother vomiting something as small as an extract.

When you get disappointed due to procrastination, you're not actually upset about being lazy, someone who procrastinates, etc. You're actually reacting to your misalignment with God's will. There's a misalignment with your will and God's. That's all that's going on

You are God, so what you are upset is not following your own TRUE will, instead following the ego