Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex bAlex

How do we become more creative

4 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura, I know you promised an episode on how to become more creative but didn't saw it yet. 

So how do we develop creativity skills? To be fair if I am asked "how do you see yourself in 3-5 years" I am blunt. 

I lack vision and dreaming. I just cannot imagine/visualise anything anymore. Doing psychedelics might help but aren't they an over-expansion of subconscious/conscious mind? 

All the images that come into my mind while meditating are more ego inflated images which I discard as soon as I become aware of my mind drifting apart-should I let my imagination build upon this images/thoughts when I am meditating? All of them is the most ego gratification and images of power. 

Some suggestions, please :)

Thank you 

Edited by Alex bAlex

@Alex bAlex I'm not sure I can help with the psychedelics part, but going back to your original question; 'How do we develop creativity skills?' I have some advice:

One of the main obstacles to creating works of art is resistance. No matter what you want to create, be it a book, painting, film, etc. there will always be a deep sense of fear about actually getting started, along with a plethora of potential distractions like social media or youtube that can take you away from your work because, to your resistance, those activities are so much easier than focusing on the task at hand. One way to overcome resistance, I suppose, would be to begin by noticing where it manifests in your life specifically, because it's different for different people. 

Finally, having overcome resistance, you can get started on actually creating the art you want to make, and you'll get more creative the more you practice overcoming resistance and getting on with the work. 

@GeorgeLawson  interesting point of view. Thanks for help. I'll gonna think about that. I listened to a book in the subject of resistance but I miss the name at the moment. 

Build more confidence and self love. As you grow creativity will occur spontaneously on the path.

Highly recommend affirmations. Before bed and when you wake up. Much better than strict meditation ime.