actualizing25

Psychedelics Paradox

25 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura  I think psychedelics could be the new medication of tomorrow because as you said, raising your consciousness is the best solution for your mental problems as it works on the core of the problem instead of just numbing yourself and your symptoms with pharmaceutical medication. Of course there are some risks with psychdelics, especially when you are using them on mentally unstable people, but medication are more risky and in general there are risks with almost anything in life.

Those with mental health issues tend to not be very stable so the risk is higher for them. Yes, it can help heal them, it's just more risky. I usually advise psychedelics as a last resort for these people. 

There are lots of way to keep the experience positive, but ultimately, it depends on you. Which is why each individual has to decide for themselves. 

Edited by Shadowraix

@Shadowraix  In all honesty, I think the imperative to "keep the experience positive" under all circumstances is slightly overrated... if you get your ass handed to you on a silver platter during a psychedelic trip, then that’s probably exactly the wake up call you need at that time in your life. The only real downside of a "bad trip" would be if you allowed such an experience to scare you off and make you renounce psychedelics altogether, which would be a tremendous shame.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Shadowraix  In all honesty, I think the imperative to "keep the experience positive" under all circumstances is slightly overrated... if you get your ass handed to you on a silver platter during a psychedelic trip, then that’s probably exactly the wake up call you need at that time in your life. The only real downside of a "bad trip" would be if you allowed such an experience to scare you off and make you renounce psychedelics altogether, which would be a tremendous shame.

I'm not trying to imply it must stay positive, but it's generally a good idea to prepare and know how to tackle rough experiences. Everything you experience is exactly what you needed, but that's not exactly useful in all povs. 

Tough psychedelic experiences can do much more damage than just scare you off. Some people go off the deep end and never come back. It can destroy you from any sort of usual functioning. It's why these are tools that need careful use and not recklessness. Granted this is rare, but not something to take lightly. 

Edited by Shadowraix

15 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

@Leo Gura  I think psychedelics could be the new medication of tomorrow because as you said, raising your consciousness is the best solution for your mental problems as it works on the core of the problem instead of just numbing yourself and your symptoms with pharmaceutical medication. Of course there are some risks with psychdelics, especially when you are using them on mentally unstable people, but medication are more risky and in general there are risks with almost anything in life.

Of course. Within the next 30 years psychedelics will be legalized for medical use for PTSD, depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, cancer, end of life care, marriage counseling, psychotherapy, other mental illnesses, and more.

Clinical trials are already underway for MDMA, LSD, mushrooms, and more. All they need is some time and more funding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.