Raptorsin7

Why Are You Here

22 posts in this topic

I have spent a large amount of my life trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to be happy and enjoy my life. The pursuit of happiness and joy, turned into the pursuit of awakening and spirituality, so i ended up on actualized.org. I managed to resolve some issues that were causing the pursuit of awakening and enlightenment and now i'm more focused on basic self help and trying to feel better in my life in anyway I can. 

My current reasons for being on the forum are as follows:

I want to learn more about how to feel better in life from people on the forum with experience in these areas.

I want to try and help people who seem to be struggling with similar issues i've struggled on the path.

I use the forum as an escape from taking action in my life, and use it as a form of procrastination when i have a task i'm trying to accomplish like studying, meditating, or working on the life purpose course.

I'm curious for others users here. What your reasons for being here on the forum. Honestly, why are you here?

54 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Honestly, why are you here?

Boredom, I wouldn't be here if i had money and/or friends, at least not as usual.

@Arcangelo OMG... cosmic comedy.. I'm a fan... radical honesty.. radical transparency...   Much love.. thanks for the laugh... you may not have the money or friends you want... but count me as a fan.. a friend.. 

@Raptorsin7 Why am I floating through this forum?  

Newer forum member, been watching for a while.

Curious about what is on people's hearts, minds, & spirits?  What kind of nuggets are people leaving around?  How is Leo attempting to herd cats as they say?   How are people integrating and expressing the material?

I have been incredibly impressed, for example:

1) (total projection, forgive me in advance)  I would assume Leo was touched, moved, activated through something that pushed him to start to dig into the material that builds someone of his caliber.  The dedication to absorb, going through daily life and working with the material, refining it, witnessing it, feeling it, intuiting, getting crushed, being elevated to heights, dropped again, shattering into a million pieces, putting them back together, being someone, losing someone, read, listen, discuss, fuck up, cause pain, receive pain, rejection, forgive, silence... try this, try that, incorporate, dismiss, refine...   over and over and over... pierce duality....   I project this journey on to my sense of Leo as a person.. Not that it is accurate.. More that when I hear the words being delivered they aren't simply being read, they are being felt, they are known.... something hard fought and won.. fought and won through a combination of surrender and assertion.. flexible strength, complex simplicity or simple complexity,  This in and of itself is amazing to my person... Then

2) Leo's ability to craft language and imagery to fit experiences and ideas, of which some are being pulled into a space that they do not originate.. Art..

3) Taking these skills and building a platform.. The dedication to creating content..  

• Researching / Crafting content finding language
  • Understanding video production (audio, cameras, software, lighting, editing)
  • How Youtube functions, the social platforms
  • Managing a team

4) Operating a forum around a subject matter that is incredibly sensitive in many ways

5) Doing this outside the typical streams that offer financial investment

6) To be succeeding, watching numbers grow... 

Off top of my head that is what pops up... 

I think if I was forced to pick one of the many accomplishments from my limited perspective it would be his personal relationship with duality and the non-dual state and the light he shines on the topic for others.  The ability to arrive at a place that is monumental in consciousness transformation is held within this nugget, new culture, new society, new opportunity...  (this is obviously spoken from where ever I may be in my own sense of reality and that might be totally delusional, so please, you have to consider that)..  delusion or no delusion I believe there is vast goodness here.. 

Several different perspectives to learn from (from all users). Some of them even worth putting into practice. I've been here for 4 years, I think. My life has been getting better and better since then.

Also, even though good learners are rare, this is a good place to share knowledge.

unborn Truth

@Raptorsin7  Thanks for posting this topic BTW... Beautiful opportunity to share a personal connection to the platform.  Mahalo.. 

To share knowledge, answer questions and give directions.
To find good learning resources, books and videos.
To journal about how I put my knowledge to practice.
To burn free time at work.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I am overly enlightened and trying to lower my consciousness back to more manageable levels. So I normally just focus on the threads that Leo has locked to try and reduce my consciousness a bit. 

To save someone else stealing my thunder, yes I do try and read my own posts back to myself as I find that also helps to lower my levels of consciousness. 

Edited by Bill W

@fridjonk ??? 

In fairness to the OP I should give him some kind of decent response!

I think I'm here to work on emotional mastery stuff mostly. And to also get out if my own head. To work towards getting that shift. 

I've spent over 20 yrs worrying about shit that doesn't matter. I don't want to 70 years old and still saying the same about my fear! 

The reason I am here? Oh that's easy: I am here in order to research the most reliable tools and methods to get shitfaced out of my goddamn mind. And learn a little about the meaning of life and all that Jazz. HEH!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I am here until all of humanity awakens, then my mission is complete and i return back to nothingness.

B R E A T H E

20% because it is much easier to find a decent amount of actualizing folks here, compared with in person (kindred spirits)

10% because I'm a whiny fuck... lol

10% because I adore learning

30% because Leo's wisdom has helped my evolution more than anyone (other than me)

10% to be heard, like voting, in an arena that I respect & value

20% to help others

I am here to document and share my process of evolution.

Also; to learn, improve, help and have fun.

I have to admit so far my purpose here has kind of been to whine, and to maybe find people I relate to in rather specific struggles of the ego. I know it's not the purpose of the forum but just finding some kind of friends or connections would be great, as well.

@Raptorsin7 At this point of time it may seem like collecting the insights and information of other people's experiences is beneficial, but as time passes you'll see that the final voice that actually matter is yours. When you're clear about what you want and need to do to grow, you'll see it's irrelevant to your path whether I'm here to learn, grow or just lose time. Look within and make yourself clear with what is it that you want. 

Boredom, curiosity about what people post here, sometimes updating or reading my journal 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts