Chilli

Did you see it? Did you not?

7 posts in this topic

Earlier this month I had my second mystical experience. I was watching Leo's guided Neti Neti meditation, and right when he says "you are this infinite nothing", I became this nothingness and realized that the self is an illusion. Although I was nothing, I was everywhere. This was very shocking to me, so it only lasted a few seconds, but in these few seconds I was bombarded with insights, understandings like "ooooooh so this is what teachers meant by nothing and everything; this is why it's incommunicable".

But like in the 3rd Ox-Herding picture, I'm not sure if what I had was an enlightenment experience. Although I was this infinite nothing, I didn't identify with all of experience, but simply knew I was the observer and creator of experience. My thoughts are that I experienced a separation between experience and pure consciousness, but I'm not sure if this can be called an enlightenment experience or if it's just an ego death. Is an enlightenment experience and ego death the same thing? Did I see the ox? Did I not? I'm asking myself these questions and would like to hear some opinions that could aid my understanding.

@Chilli What if we say it’s a ‘fox” (instead of an ox)...and ‘you saw it’...is a testament to how sneaky the fox is. One second later, and a thought of separation is believed. You - saw - it. (Twoness). How sneaky right? Immediately conceptualized / duality-ized.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

So you did a ritual and had a desire for an experience and then through effort/ ritual/ desire you got what you wanted. Nothing more nothing less.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Chilli What if we say it’s a ‘fox” (instead of an ox)...and ‘you saw it’...is a testament to how sneaky the fox is. One second later, and a thought of separation is believed. You - saw - it. (Twoness). How sneaky right? Immediately conceptualized / duality-ized.

Major insight and I got it! I'm in awe now, from realizing how sneaky the ego is :o

Just now, Nahm said:

@Chilli ??Sooooo sneaky! 

Yessss! Any interpretation is not that which is being interpreted, the map is never the territory!