Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan Page

Weed and abnormality.

18 posts in this topic

So I smoked some weed and things all the sudden felt super, super different. I am used to the world being a certain way and when that was messed with I felt very uncomfortable and everything felt random. I felt like I was in some sort of psychedelic world where nothing is static and everything was abnormal as fuck. What should I take from this experience? I tried to let go as Leo’s video explained but I really could not feel ok. Everything felt so awful, so confusing and I just wanted to get out. 

things all the sudden felt super, super different

I am used to the world being a certain way

everything felt random

everything was abnormal as fuck

These things are pretty undescriptive. Can you elaborate any further? What do you mean by the world feeling "different"? How did the world differ from what you are used to? What felt random? What was abnormal?

I know it might be hard to describe this experience using words, but try your best!

Did the world feel "alienish"? Like the world was the same, but different at the same time? Like you were in a dream, or watching a movie? Like you were observing the world from behind a window?

Did you just get a different vibe from the world?

I had a lot of weird experiences on weed! A few of them were beautiful, a few of them kinda scary! Weed can be a good tool for self-discovery!

I used to be very antisocial (the "fuck all people, I don't need anyone but me" type), until I got really high and realized how I was just scared of other people hurting me!

I used to get a lot of anxiety attacks in social situations, I also used to get pretty anxious/paranoid when smoking weed! I used the anxiety/paranoia I got from smoking weed, to learn how to cope with my anxiety in my everyday life!

Weed can bring forth a lot of more "hidden" parts of yourself. It can show you the things that you are good with, it can show you the things you are bad with! But don't run from those things! Don't just label these experiences as "Oh man, I am having a bad high right now!", but try to observe and understand!

Everything felt so awful

Why did it feel awful? WHO thought it was awful? Was it your mind? Was it your intuition? Was it both?

What exactly felt so awful? Was it the world? Was it the people? Was it the environment you was in?

Weed can get your mind off of things! Some people use it to run away from their sorrows! But being really high makes the mind pretty effective at contemplation!

Next time when you are high, and you think everything feels "weird" and "awful" try not to look at the thing that is awful and random, but try to look at the place this sense is coming from, aka. your mind! Why does the mind think that? What is going on in the mind while this is happening?

But again, I can't make much of your initial post, it could mean a lot of things. These are just a few random thoughts that might help you!

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot
Made an oopsie doopsie

beep boop

On 1/19/2020 at 1:28 AM, Dylan Page said:

So I smoked some weed and things all the sudden felt super, super different. I am used to the world being a certain way and when that was messed with I felt very uncomfortable and everything felt random. I felt like I was in some sort of psychedelic world where nothing is static and everything was abnormal as fuck. What should I take from this experience? I tried to let go as Leo’s video explained but I really could not feel ok. Everything felt so awful, so confusing and I just wanted to get out. 

@Dylan Page oh my God man, try DMT lol. Everything meshes together and becomes weird as fuckingggg fuck. Fuckity fuck, fuck, fuck. Nothing makes sense in these psychedelic realms. Careful with weed, it'll make you extremely anxious if not taken very carefully. Weed made me feel super bad for years and I didn't even know it was the weed. 

By the way, don't consume sugar when your smoking it. It kills the high

On 1/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, Dylan Page said:

I felt like I was in some sort of psychedelic world where nothing is static and everything was abnormal as fuck.

That was your comfortable ego-world of self-constructed meanings being revealed to be relative, biased, and imaginary.

Ta-da! You constructed "reality" to suit your survival.

It's like you've were born a rich kid and lived in a gated community your whole life and then one day you accidentally venture outside the gate and see poor people living in misery, toiling to put food on your banquet table.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I had another experience like this and I wasn’t even on drugs. The second I got out of high school and I asked myself what the fuck I am gonna do, I all in one moment realized that A) I’m gonna die, and B) that the world is a lot different and bigger than my small little high school reality. I freaked the absolute fuck out and was shivering and all that shit. Couldn’t sleep for days and lost like 15 pounds. I’m used to it now but when your world is so small and so limited and it gets forcefully ripped open like that, it really is quite a shock. 

@Aaron p yeah idk about that man lol, I’ll have to give it some time. I get really fucking miserable sometimes when I confront some of this stuff. But I’m definitely open to it when I feel I’m ready. 

Learn to enjoy mindfuckry.

5 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@Leo Gura With time :)

Time too is a mindfuck ;)

Mindfuckery all around.

@Leo Gura eh man, at this point I’m getting a little used to the radical perspective shifts, I just get kind of disturbed by all the suffering in the world. Doesn’t make any sense. 

1 hour ago, Dylan Page said:

@Leo Gura I just get kind of disturbed by all the suffering in the world. Doesn’t make any sense. 

Why doesn't it make sense? Unconsciousness leads to suffering.

I watched an article on this 17 year old little girl who lost her memory function. She got “reset” every 2 hours or so. I cannot fucking imagine living like that. I would be so scared and sad. Everything a human being aspires for in life depends on a sort of history and future. You would be stuck in a loop until you die. The thought of being in that experiences sounds like actual hell, yet there is a girl in the real world who actually has to go through that. It’s just like, why? Why would any current age human being want that. And why would that be something “god” creates.

Edited by Dylan Page

9 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

It’s just like, why? Why would any current age human being want that. And why would that be something “god” creates.

Love

I know it doesn't make sense to you now. But maybe one day it will.

Terrible things are not a refutation of Love, they are a confirmation of Love's infinitude. You just have to really widen your scope on the world.

@Leo Gura Haha maybe, but the thing that scares me is that I’ll die before I discover it. And I mean physically. That is definitely my greatest fear and the thought that it could happen to me is fucking terrifying. 

5 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@Leo Gura Haha maybe, but the thing that scares me is that I’ll die before I discover it. And I mean physically. That is definitely my greatest fear and the thought that it could happen to me is fucking terrifying. 

Your death WILL be the discovery of it.

Don't worry, you can't die without it. What you call "death" is none other than Infinite Love!

@Leo Gura I also have this strong desire for reality to be grounded in a sense. I want there to be some sort of home base because sometimes I’ll just look around me and think “where the fuck am I?” “Why here?”. It all feels so random. Do you find a sense of grounding in the groundless?

@Dylan Page Yes, the ground is Nothingness/Consciousness.

The home base is YOU! But it's empty. There's nothing there.

There is no better grounding than Absolute Truth.

@Leo Gura I love that analogy you used one time man. You said that it's like your looking for a needle in a haystack, but the "needle", is the realisation that there is no needle ?the ground is that there is no ground