Chumbimba

Shrooms vs LSD

7 posts in this topic

What’s the essential difference between these two. Which one is better for the last day of a solo retreat? 

I've taken LSD 3 times and don't remember the experience much.

I've had 2 opportunities to take shrooms but pussied out each time 

Edited by Chumbimba
Forgot info

Since the toad is native to your area maybe you can find one of those to milk sometime and have that experience as well if it interests you.

I barely have psychedelic experience. 5 meo I need to build up to 

@Chumbimba You don't remember the experience? Like you took way too much and your memory couldn't handle it? Or didn't really effect you much and you can't recall how it affected you? 

If youre doing LSD make sure you you test the substance to make sure it is real LSD and measure your dose so you know what it is.

Also no need to pussy out of shrooms. Just be in a happy/calm/relaxed state of mind, and measure 1g of dried shrooms. Will not be overwhelming. Definitely don't pass it up. Just be conscious of set an setting, ideally do it by yourself and not with other people or in a loud busy environment. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I remember doing it. It's just been almost 3 years since I have taken a psychedelic

42 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

I barely have psychedelic experience. 5 meo I need to build up to 

Yes I didn't necessarily mean for this time.

Guess I'm leaning towards the shrooms and maybe you'll get lucky have a good experience like @Bazooka Jesus just did, plus you'll get to get familiar with them and perhaps they will resonate better to you.

Maybe others with more experience will chime in.

3 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

What’s the essential difference between these two. Which one is better for the last day of a solo retreat? 

I've taken LSD 3 times and don't remember the experience much.

I've had 2 opportunities to take shrooms but pussied out each time 

Haven't tried LSD but did shrooms as my first psychedelic (a little less than 1,5g) and truffles a couple of times (essentially the same as shrooms but one trip was noticeably stronger) and what I've heard from friends who have tried both is that they are pretty similar, only LSD lasting longer and giving you more energy. 

I think if you handled LSD well and take care of set and setting, you won't be overwhelmed by 1-1,5g of shrooms.  

Listen to your gut, no need to rush anything if you don't feel it.

I've never done it solo, always in nature with friends and was usually a great experience with some moments of fear of letting go but never too overwhelming. Always felt like a spiritual antidepressant that left me more grounded and connected, especially after integrating the trip. Some trips I had more visuals whereas others were mainly introspective and like a potent kind of mindfulness.