Meditationdude

Mindful Anger

6 posts in this topic

I’m going through some sort of rut lately and my mood is really irritable. It’s a little embarrassing bc it’s very out of character. Somehow I get triggered by silly things that I would normally brush off. I’m mindful of when they happen and I apologize to any people involved right away for my poor attitude but how can I push past this? I feel like an asshole. 

Do you remember an example of a situation? What did the person do? What were you thinking?

Has anything changed regarding your diet? Sleep schedule? Any recurrent thoughts?

@Meditationdude

Are you the senses? No

Are you the eyes that see? No

Are you the mind in which things are seen? No

Or can you see the mind? (Ie, thoughts)

Are you the the witness to these things?

Yes, you are the witness. 

So, who is "I"?

:D

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Neither suppress nor act it out. Let it be there. What’s anger? Why (purpose) is it there?

Adding guilt to the equation is unnecessary.

Also consider that anger is based on a sense of hurt and it’s always related to the past.

Kudos for owning up to it instead of purely projecting onto others and staying in denial. 

Sounds like a spiritual malady to me. Self-will run riot. Higher than required levels of self-entitlement with a corresponding dip in humility. I am not judging you, just trying to pass on my experience and I am very experienced in high levels of self-entitlement and low humility! 

If any of this resonates with you, including the below clip, then your job is to then try to apply these ideas and principles in your life and ACT, and not mental masturbate on it. Again I speak from experience of mental masturbation to distract from taking action.

@Meditationdude If you know someone who’s up for this, it could change this facet of experience for you in minutes. Have someone sit in front of you, who prepares by understanding they are serving a role for your healing, and are not to react or speak in any way. Then, let it all out. Then reverse the roles, and have them say the meanest most degrading things they can possibly think of to you...while you simply sit in complete nonreaction. Sounds nuts, but you’ll feel amazing after and this will never be a problem for you again. This flavor of anger is in defending a self one thinks is there. With the exercise, you move through that, and see there was no actual need to defend. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE