astrokeen

Sadguru is siding with a political party that discriminates against Muslims

22 posts in this topic

From a news article:

“Dogs pleasure to bark” is how Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru implicitly refers to the Principal Bench of the Karnataka High Court which recently directed that the Isha Foundation must produce its accounts and file an affidavit explaining why it is collecting thousands of crores of rupees from the public on the claim ‘Cauvery Calling’ is a public programme, and has secured all statutory approvals."

That is not all - India is witnessing mass demonstrations at present against the divisive and anti-Muslim agenda of the ruling right-wing party (BJP) - one that Sadguru sides with. Being on the right side of  BJP, at the very least, smacks of opportunism and allows him to operate unchecked if collecting funds from an unsuspecting public. Every fair-minded Indian is strongly against new legislation being introduced in India that discriminates against people on account of their religion and Sadguru supports it!!

Great post, Sadguru not only misleads his followers by feeding them into wrong direction but also is Islamophobic.

@astrokeen Its best if you provide a video of him talking about this, instead of third party interpretations.

This is why I'm so allergic to Indian 'gurus' in general! 'Guru' is a Hindu term that means 'teacher/master'. Their teachings are mostly based on Hinduism. Therefore, by extension, their teachings will have a lot of Hindu biases and dogmatism! I generally prefer not to listen to Hindu sages/yogis/mystics because I want to avoid separating the wheat from the chaff, which is a tiring task in any religious teaching! I prefer New-agers/philosophers like Leo.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Sadhguru has a lot of good teachings. Just don't look up to him on politics. Politics is not no his field of mastery.

You have to understand that even the best teachers are only good within their domain of mastery. Not across the board on all topics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sadhguru has a lot of good teachings. Just don't look up to him on politics. Politics is not no his field of mastery.

You have to understand that even the best teachers are only good within their domain of mastery. Not across the board on all topics.

Can you give some examples of topics that you as a teacher feel unqualified to speak on but have a great interest in?

15 hours ago, Radical said:

Great post, Sadguru not only misleads his followers by feeding them into wrong direction but also is Islamophobic.

Havent seen a single video of him. Can u please provide the link of video. And have seen you post same kind of comment on sadhguru. So please can u also provide links videos books that leads a man/women to right direction according to u.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Here's a news article which includes a video.

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/sadhguru-asks-students-to-read-citizenship-act-before-protesting-but-hasnt-read-it-himself

Sadguru accuses students of violence and behaving like illiterate people. That is, in fact, quite the reverse of what is taking place. It is students who are being attacked by a very brutal police following orders from the right wind govt. This has caused a massive uproar throughout India. A report of what occurred inside a university can be read here:

https://thewire.in/government/jamia-police-attack-report

2 minutes ago, astrokeen said:

Here's a news article which includes a video.

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/sadhguru-asks-students-to-read-citizenship-act-before-protesting-but-hasnt-read-it-himself

Sadguru accuses students of violence and behaving like illiterate people. That is, in fact, quite the reverse of what is taking place. It is students who are being attacked by a very brutal police following orders from the right wind govt. This has caused a massive uproar throughout India. A report of what occurred inside a university can be read here:

https://thewire.in/government/jamia-police-attack-report

You want me to to believe that hot blooded students acted civil, not saying that it can't be true, but I have very huge doubt about it. 

You need to read the article. In this instance,@purerogue they weren't even protesting. The police broke into a largely Muslim university as a pre-emptive strike or out of sheer communal hate.

1 minute ago, astrokeen said:

You need to read the article. In this instance,@purerogue they weren't even protesting. The police broke into a largely Muslim university as a pre-emptive strike or out of sheer communal hate.

Alright,  will read tomorrow. 

56 minutes ago, StephenK said:

Can you give some examples of topics that you as a teacher feel unqualified to speak on but have a great interest in?

Energetic and paranormal aspects of spirituality. Things like reiki, healing, psychics, siddhis, etc. I know they are real but I don't understand how they work.

Serious mental health issues like schizophrenia, psychosis, and other such mental "disorders", treating suicidal people, treating clinically depressed people, etc. Which is why I avoid those issues in my work.

Just gonna drop this here. Might help some of you.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

I find some truth in the statement that sadhguru's political analysis seem backward and promotion of status quo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprint.in/india/delhi-police-to-file-it-cases-against-those-who-spread-fake-news-during-jamia-protests/336286/%3famp

Meanwhile in kerala communist party and muslim party created a roadblock and protested at night hearing the fake news students where killed in university.  There are lot of fake news. 

Bjp is gaining from this. Aap and t.c are slowly parting away from opposition collision as they realize there is no much support from hindus on this. I would like to hear from delhi people on whole college issue and protest against cab

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Leo Gura If you can speak about enlightenment you can speak about all those topics with great clarity.

LOL if a psychologist can treat such people just by reading texts and having 0 insight on reality, then metaphysical insight makes you qualified tenfold to speak on these topics. 

At the end of the day, all these "illnesses" are literally fantasies/stories that people repeat to themselves (schizophrenia and psychosis aside). 

Also, let's not forget that Shadow Work is a prerequisite of Spiritual Work and a really foundational topic that you need to address in-depth.

3 minutes ago, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura If you can speak about enlightenment you can speak about all those topics with great clarity.

No, no, no

3 minutes ago, Socrates said:

LOL if a psychologist can treat such people just by reading texts and having 0 insight on reality, then metaphysical insight makes you qualified tenfold to speak on these topics.

At the end of the day, all these "illnesses" are literally fantasies/stories that people repeat to themselves (schizophrenia and psychosis aside). 

No, no, no

Stay humble, grasshopper. You have much to learn.

@Leo Gura At the end of the day, all these "illnesses" are literally fantasies/stories that people repeat to themselves (schizophrenia and psychosis aside). This was one of my first insights on psychedelics that showed me how the mind works and I won't replace it with any hearsay, id rather trust my experience.

@Socrates So are brick walls. Yet that doesn't make you an expert bricklayer.

Calling something an illusion doesn't give you mastery over it or even an understanding of how it works.

You have no idea how your computer works. And your computer is an illusion. That doesn't make you qualified to talk about computer engineering.

I read the first article:

“Any student can read what the CAA says, but all of them are coming and behaving like illiterate people,” he said. “They are studying in premier universities, how come they cannot read the damn Act?”

And I read second article too, from what I get you like to exaggerate everything for your cause, article says that students got attacked after they tried to break police barrier and further it says that they actually did it,also it says that they were going for protest. So why are you giving me article that itself proves you wrong ?

Not saying that Sadhguru is not against Muslims, or he is not biased in matter of religion, especially considering that his own country is religious , but you will not see him talk in such manner when it comes to India religions. 

Edited by purerogue