Patrick Lynam

myers briggs personality types

9 posts in this topic

Is this system useful I don't think I have heard anything on this forum about it is it just too shallow of an understanding for this level of self actualisation? I feel I may be an INFJ but I'm always so skeptical about these kinds of things reminds me of horoscopes or something hahah thanks   

@Patrick Lynam

stick "myers briggs" in the search motor of this site and you'll find at least 4 pages of discussions on it.

I have done the free test on the Personality Hacker website twice now (varying my answers slightly sometimes due to not being sure of the answer !) and both times I get the same result : ISFJ ;) 

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

Mine varies depending on my mood and which one of the voices is in control at the moment... 

I have tried it many times and all the time it showed that i am an INFP.  Other than that, i think i mostly resonate with INFP traits so i am satisfied with the test.

When I first did MBTI test my result was INTP. After 3 years and spiritual awakening my results came to be INFJ.

And still - I do not belive these labels. 

Everyone is like a micro Universe himself. Everyone consists like thousands parts. That's what integration is about - healing parts of yourself.

In my journey from INTP (ego) to INFJ (soul) I thought I'm every single one of personality type for some time, I felt like them and behaved like them, just to understand that part of myself.

I don't think I'm 100% INFJ, there are just too many variables, everyone is different and there will never be a model that can accomplish describing someone's personality. 

If you want to know yourself even better: check your zodiac sign - when I found out that I'm Aquarius it really sped up my integration process - I started meeting people, that I "healed", helped them and that way i healed myself. 

Everyone has Sun Sign and Moon Sign, that's also important, you can go even further and check your whole astrological chart to know your strong and weak points. 

Another thing that can help you know yourself better is numerology - my ego is this scared little boy (Adult Alcoholic Child, where my numerology number is 5 - Traveler. My soul wants to travel the world and be free.

Last thing - find your most important value in life. Just one. It's not that easy, but when you'll find it, it will clear out a lot of things for you. F.e - my most important value is freedom - that's how I understood that I want to travel, do not want to work for anyone, never get into marriage relationship and have abundance with women and money and be a "citizen of a world".

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@LordFall  haha... my reply is part humor..

What "I" now know as "I" is no longer singular in form.  "I" is compromised of many perspectives, like many people..   I morph and shift... sure I may have anchors or gravitational points that ground me but I have lost myself in order to find myself.. I am still in the process but conforming my person to a singular point isn't that effective anymore.

Nothing special, totally basic... 

When learning about MBTI, make sure to learn about cognitive functions. Personality types XXXX(e.g. INFJ) are a secondary conceptual construction to the construction of cognitive functions, so from a certain angle one is more fundemental on the chain of epistemology. 

Its certainly interesting theory for me. For one, it sort of expands my capacity to communicate if someone else understands MBTI. I can refrence different functions or axes. Its extremely accurate in a lot of views in my experience, quite amazing. 

For me, it's strength is also it's weakness. It's strength is that it lets me point to complex things about perception and cognition in terse words, and these are things I can't precisely articulate but have gathered an intuition/feeling of over time. And other people can use their own intuitions/feelings when I use an MBTI word. But the weakness comes when you're talking past each other, classical confusing the map for the territory. Thought trains which perpetually go around in circles. 

THIS PARAGRAPH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT. THE 16 PERSONALITIES WEBSITE TEST IS TRASH. 

These two are good:

https://sakinorva.net/functions

https://jung.test.typologycentral.com/

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.