OmniYoga

sedona method / organization - and letting go

11 posts in this topic

is this cult and brain washing?
the benefits are better than in "the secret" - from what they say - the magic pill of self - improvment
you can have everthing you want and solve all your problems with no effort etc ... just buy the course - let go and release

clearly the dude Hale Dwoskin built a business around it
same with a dude from RSD - who try to sell it after a PUA crisis
if they are so mighty and godlike why those people in spirituality need to leach money from others? (just antoher examples sadguhru, leo as well) using the cheapest marketing tricks that are aviables ...
totally don't get it

not sure about lester levenson - i read somewhere he resigned from copyrights, which makes him a little more legit

anyway the point is ... I've been listeaning lester/dawkins and hale for about 6h ~ not to even mention that other dude and I still have no clue how to actually let go and release in order to get benefits that they preach about it all day long as if it's a seventh miracle of world
if I a friend would ask me about it - I can explain to him why this works - the theory and reasoning behind it (supressed subconciousness in short) but if'd he ask ok how do I exactly let go? what do I do,
I would have to - well I don't know ...

which is running around the bush

Cheers,

Edited by OmniYoga

@OmniYoga   OMG  :DxD.... My being, my ego, my person, my whatever enjoyed this post so much...... Truly.... It was like soul candy... Like standup cosmic comedy...  do more.. do more... please....

I wish I could offer something other than my applause...   

Oh wait... what if this was part of the bit...   

**This is satire**  fair warning... I am poking fun.. If you are easily upset maybe don't read... and while your at it don't think of purple elephants either... lol.. ** I am not familiar with the course materials, just the secret and some stereotypes that fit the story being told... My following bit isn't intended to serious account of value or lack of... Just a moment to enjoy a laugh at all the seriously not serious serious attempts to master it all..  thanks for giving me a moment to play.. 

so you doing your delivery and then something like.. So finally after a solid 40 hours of instruction i finally got to the secret of letting go... it was so simple all along...  basically you take the course materials..   you circle your trash can counter clock wise three times, bow 3 times.. 180 rotaton.. circle 4 times to unwind, 4 bows and then.... let go... just drop all the materials into the circular wormhole of modern material transport & environmental degradation... From here you are free to accept what comes your way.. Free to engage the world and pave a new path...   Just let go... 

Edited by RevoCulture

is lettingo go like meditation?

thought come - and you come back with your attention to breathing (lettingo go that thought?)

if yes why they are promoted as separte concepts/techniques/methods etc

if not - what is the diffrence ?

@OmniYoga hey hommie... I am totally biased but see if you can find a Vipassana session nearby:

https://www.dhamma.org/en-US/index

You could make a post if you wanna poll people but... IMO this is one of the best...   Doesn't mean they are perfect just a really solid organization with one of my favorite approaches to learning a method of meditation.. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:39 AM, OmniYoga said:

anyway the point is ... I've been listeaning lester/dawkins and hale for about 6h ~ not to even mention that other dude and I still have no clue how to actually let go and release in order to get benefits that they preach about it all day long as if it's a seventh miracle of world

1) It's an excellent teaching

2) If you still have no clue how to let go, you haven't really been listening. The teaching is super, super simple.

There is no method for letting go. You just let go. That is the method. Simple. But it requires practice. Stop looking for intellectual explanations. Just do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I even listen to your video today on that topic

but if nothing has changed inside me?(easy noticable) did I let go or not ?
and do I need to be exactly precise of the thing I want to let go
they said I should feel lighter or some kind of relief, I supposed
I haven't experienced such a phenomals despite of the tries

I think i do this during the meditations, but i'm not sure is it exactly that
thoughts come and I eventually let them go soon or later (a lot of them associated with my problems)
but it doesn't work like magic for sure :D
I guess I accept things more easily, rather than pure resisting,
nevertheless I woudn't say things getting easier and easier, effortless ... not yet

If you're practicing Sedona Method, you gotta let go 100s and 1000s of times.

You don't just let go once and you're done. It's more like meditation, where you get go of one thought, but then it comes back and you keep letting it go 1000 times.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, OmniYoga said:

is this cult and brain washing?
the benefits are better than in "the secret" - from what they say - the magic pill of self - improvment
you can have everthing you want and solve all your problems with no effort etc ... just buy the course - let go and release

clearly the dude Hale Dwoskin built a business around it
same with a dude from RSD - who try to sell it after a PUA crisis
if they are so mighty and godlike why those people in spirituality need to leach money from others? (just antoher examples sadguhru, leo as well) using the cheapest marketing tricks that are aviables ...
totally don't get it

not sure about lester levenson - i read somewhere he resigned from copyrights, which makes him a little more legit

if I a friend would ask me about it - I can explain to him why this works - the theory and reasoning behind it (supressed subconciousness in short) but if'd he ask ok how do I exactly let go? what do I do,
I would have to - well I don't know ...

which is running around the bush

Cheers,

@OmniYoga Many organizations have the potential to feel like a cult if you let yourself engage in that sort of behaviour. 

But Lester had a saying which is not unique in the enlightenment establishment: "Don't believe a word I say but take it for checking".

Now if you want the real deal, listen to the original recordings of Lester Levenson, they are very uplifting and motivating.   

Actually, if you read Lester's autobiography "No attachments, no aversions", it's about how he got enlightened himself and it wasn't via releasing. He basically locked himself in his apartment and did a combo of hard core self inquiry, forgiveness (changing hate into love) of everyone in his life, revision and transforming feelings about past events in his life and confronting his fear of dying. That's how he got himself very enlightened and lived like a recluse for a number of years until he decided to share it with other people. At first he worked with people one on one trying to help them get enlightened like he did but he failed so he looked for effective ways that regular folks would be able to work with. So he gathered a group of people and directed them into creating what is now called The Sedona Method and The Releasing Technique. The story goes that a woman psychologist together with Lester and others developed the system and put the basis of the releasing method. Later on apparently the psychologist lady became fully enlightened herself. So Lester and his team taught classes for free at the beginning, his team did voluntary work. But Lester came to find out that people who weren't invested financially also weren't serious about it, weren't committed enough and plateaued after a while, stopped making progress. So he started organizing courses based on the retreat model, for a moderate price. In the last years of Lester's life, he asked Hale Dwoskin and Larry Crane to keep on teaching. Others like Stephen Seretan who were in Lester's group also taught classes on a lesser scale. Now Lester knew that Hale Dwoskin and Larry Crane had their own teaching style, had made some changes and were charging money. Charging money for the classes is necessary for the preservation of the organization as that's not a church and isn't run by a resourceful enlightened master any more.    

But really you don't have to spend a ton of money to learn the technique and it actually works like everything else, to the degree you're doing it :)

My five cents is that it's enough to listen to Lester's audios on Youtube or read the transcripts (Book Keys to the ultimate freedom: Thoughts and talks on personal transformation; book No Attachments, No Aversions: The Autobiography of a Master; book Happiness Is Free, and It's Easier Than You Think) then read the books for the actual method and work with the books, for Larry Crane's teaching style which is my preferred, less cluttered and more to the point: The Abundance Book. For Hale Dwoskin's style which has evolved farther from the original, is a softer approach read "The Sedona Method". 

Those books don't cost a lot of money and you wouldn't be wasting time with them as the concepts presented are very worthwhile. The people who engage in cult behaviours and spend more money than they can afford are the ones who won't work with the books but fall for endless expensive guided releases and retreats.   

If you'd have some questions about the actual method, ask away, maybe me or others could provide some insight.

@iamme thanks for sharing,

but to broaden your perception about books :D  I'm from Europe - and except Happiness Is Free and Sedona Method
they quite unavailable outside the US, not popular,  and not that cheap cuz I need to count everything x4 in $US
there is no interest to publish such a books in this part of the world, dark ages :D not ready to release
I guess people don't value it as you said or don't buy into that idea, don't believe it etc

but thanks god with have the internet 

I wanted to started with:

The Presence Process : A Journey into Present Moment Awareness - by Michael Brown - which I should be reading according to a course
and Letting Go : The Pathway of Surrender by D. Hawkins - available and affordable, actually even published in my native language

Cheers!

On 1/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, OmniYoga said:

@iamme thanks for sharing,

but to broaden your perception about books :D  I'm from Europe - and except Happiness Is Free and Sedona Method
they quite unavailable outside the US, not popular,  and not that cheap cuz I need to count everything x4 in $US
there is no interest to publish such a books in this part of the world, dark ages :D not ready to release
I guess people don't value it as you said or don't buy into that idea, don't believe it etc

but thanks god with have the internet 

I wanted to started with:

The Presence Process : A Journey into Present Moment Awareness - by Michael Brown - which I should be reading according to a course
and Letting Go : The Pathway of Surrender by D. Hawkins - available and affordable, actually even published in my native language

Cheers!

@OmniYoga I'm also from Europe. If you don't want to search the Internet where you shouldn't and don't want to buy them on Kindle, here's a library link where you can borrow some of those:    https://openlibrary.org/search?q=Lester+levenson&mode=ebooks&m=edit&m=edit&m=edit&has_fulltext=true

Hi, I really love the Sedona Method and haven't found it to be cult like.  If you are interested, I wanted to share that Dale Howskin does offer free calls monthly and, of course, free videos on youtube.... On the monthly live calls, he takes questions from the people on the calls. I've read most of the Sedona Method book but I've found the calls and recordings to be more effective for me.