Gadasaa

Should i drop all of my desire to understand it all?

12 posts in this topic

Can the mind understand or know reality/God and figure it all out? Does it have the capacity to do so? Whenever i contemplate deeply, my mind agitates and gets confused even more. 

Edited by Gadasaa

It's absolutely and perfectly unknowable ❤

Unknowing is freedom!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You may want to update your relationship with "understanding" and "contemplation". For example, I used to have an idea that "understanding" was mostly intellectual. Like I understand English, the rules of football and the plot of a movie. So for me, "contemplation" was about trying to figure it out - like how I would try to figure out the rules of Australian Rugby. . . If I contemplated "what is a thought?", my mind would try to figure it out and go into thinking "Well a thought occurs in the brain. There are neurotransmitters in the brain that cause thoughts. Yet this doesn't seem right. Maybe a thought is an energetic appearance like that Yogi said. But if someone has a brain injury, they may lose their ability to think straight, so the brain must be involved." . . To me, this type of figuring it out contemplation doesn't go very deep and it doesn't lead to a deep understanding of what a thought it. . . For me, trying to figure things out through the intellect is very very limited. What helped me was to relax, let go of that and allow space for insights to appear - which are not always thoughts. Then I recontextualized what "understanding" and "contemplation" is.

We cannot solve a problem with the same thinking we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein 

@VeganAwake i agree that being comfortable with unknown offers tremendous peace. But doesn't that also make you ignorant and delusional like most other people? 

@Serotoninluv thanks for the reply. I've never thought it that way. It seems like there are many other ways to know/understand a thing other than through conceptualizing. 

1 hour ago, Jonac said:

You'll know when to drop it. 

I hope so. 

1 hour ago, Gadasaa said:

@VeganAwake i agree that being comfortable with unknown offers tremendous peace. But doesn't that also make you ignorant and delusional like most other people? 

There is nothing to seek and no one to find it. 

You could spend 30 lifetimes trying to know everything... Meanwhile your life is passing you by...

Knowing is a sickness and unknowing is the cure...❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

56 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is nothing to seek and no one to find it. 

You could spend 30 lifetimes trying to know everything... Meanwhile your life is passing you by...

Knowing is a sickness and unknowing is the cure...❤

I can sense the truth in your statement! 

14 minutes ago, Gadasaa said:

I can sense the truth in your statement! 

It's really wild because there is no should or shouldn't's.

There is no real truth.

It's so free it's complete boundless freedom.

You could seek for the rest of your life or not, either way means nothing.

There is no meaning no purpose nothing really matters....

Complete Anarchy lol. 

44 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@Gadasaa focus on finding the one who speaks. And the one who sees this one

Exactly! For liberating yourself from your limitations, understanding of the path, your goal and how to get about attaining your goal is of course necessary. Like a yoga practice, first you learn about it, get some understanding of it, then you stick to it and just do it. The problem is when you don't do it because you're too busy trying to understand all and everything that isn't really about the practice. So that's procrastination and also ego's way of preventing you from doing the liberation work. Instead of doing self inquiry, you're trying to understand how the world came into existence so you never get about doing any self inquiry. 

And the funny thing is that a liberated self is also omniscient in direct proportion to its freedom.

The conclusion is that it's worth to research and understand that which will directly help you to do your practice and wait for the other stuff to reveal itself to you when and as you become freer from your limiting concepts.