Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fede83

10 years of antidepressant thinking of quitting

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys is 10 years basically I’m taking this antidepressant(Effexor)from getting diagnostic with major depressive disorder..but right now Is like more than 1 year I feel way better with all the practice I do..will my life improve if I get off from it? What can I expect from this very long time taking it and getting off all of a sudden ? 

much love ❤️ ❤️

i have been taking cipralex for 1.5 years.  from my experience you cant really know your problems with thouse meds because it is hard for you to feel the pain. the pain the needed for knowing the solution.

probably you will "be kind of like before the meds" but much more stronger and experienced. dont be too heavy with yourself , you can always take this meds. the most important thing is to follow your intuition

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

17 hours ago, TheSomeBody said:

i have been taking cipralex for 1.5 years.  from my experience you cant really know your problems with thouse meds because it is hard for you to feel the pain. the pain the needed for knowing the solution.

probably you will "be kind of like before the meds" but much more stronger and experienced. dont be too heavy with yourself , you can always take this meds. the most important thing is to follow your intuition

Yes ur right,I feel like on antidepressant there is some big side effect..especially on the emotional side..u can’t live ur life to the fullest,I have this weird feeling what u think? ❤️

Don't quit cold-turquey, talk to a psychiatrist about this so you can gradually get off the medication. Your body has probably developed a physical dependency towards the antidepressant and quitting cold-turquey would most likely trigger intense withdrawal symptoms. 

@Fede83 Why do you feel the need to get off them so suddenly?

I think you can improve your life while you're still on them. Anti-depressants aren't necessarily bad. They can work well for some people. 

How's your diet? How's your exercise? What's your routine like?

I would focus on all these aspects of your life first. If you feel really good and think to yourself I feel so good I don't need the boost anymore then maybe get off them. But if you want to get off them in order to feel better then i'm not sure. Talk to your doctor about getting off them for a short period, see how you feel. Then if your mood gets worse you can get back on them and keep working on yourself until you no longer need them.

Good luck

slowly going down with them would probably be the best way to find out - maybe just going down with the dose would already be an improvement. also check out if there are interferences between your medication and rhodiola. because maybe you could go down with the dose in addition of that - i read that there are already psychiatrists who had good experiences with minimizing patients medication against depression using rhodiola alongside their usual meds. it could stabilize you maybe in that phase. after ten years i think it’s at least worth trying if you are fine with less meds or even stop taking it maybe after a while.

Edited by remember

21 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Fede83 Why do you feel the need to get off them so suddenly?

I think you can improve your life while you're still on them. Anti-depressants aren't necessarily bad. They can work well for some people. 

How's your diet? How's your exercise? What's your routine like?

I would focus on all these aspects of your life first. If you feel really good and think to yourself I feel so good I don't need the boost anymore then maybe get off them. But if you want to get off them in order to feel better then i'm not sure. Talk to your doctor about getting off them for a short period, see how you feel. Then if your mood gets worse you can get back on them and keep working on yourself until you no longer need them.

Good luc

I feel like anti depressant now can give me some big side effect on my emotive side ..like flat emotions and all this stuff..I’m thinking about removing it for fixing some problems I still have besides it..do u think I should keep them and going in terapy to fix my life ? I’m not sure but I keep meditating for the last 2 years..and I’m on a stage right now where I can’t go over is starting getting so deep emotional side..that is very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel ..

Edited by Fede83

@Fede83 There is a light at the end of the tunnel my friend it's going to be okay. I would recommend finding a good therapist first and going over some of these issues with them.

The risk of going off the anti-depressants is you could end up feeling much worse after going off them, then you may be unmotivated to get back on them. Then you end up in a worse place then you are now which is the wrong way we want to go. 

How is every other part of your life besides meditation. How's the diet? How's your exercise regiment? What kind of media/content do you consume? What's your day to day like?

Maybe start doing something besides meditating. For me yoga was a huge addition to my life and it helped me grow a lot.