Neph

Depression with spirituality

29 posts in this topic

Just a word of warning - don’t set yourself goals that are too ambitious. Don’t engage in spiritual practices or self actualization work to escape your feelings. This will make your depression worse. Ask yourself why you’re depressed. Have you lost faith in the future? Have you been affected by a series of negative life events? If so, have compassion for yourself and find a way that works for you to regain hope about the future and the possibilities in life that still exist for you. Whether that’s therapy, a spiritual guide or something else. Taking psychedelics alone is unlikely to solve the problem and may only be a temporary fix. I don’t think actualized.org recommends taking psychedelics in this way. 

Meditate daily to give yourself grounding. For this to work, allow whatever thoughts arise to arise. Don’t judge them. Don’t try to control them. Just watch them. This will help you process your emotions. I suggest 30 minutes a day if you can - it can take your brain time to calm down. 

Best of luck 

I also want to recommend Tony Robbin's work dude. I recently started reading "awaken the giant within" and it has been changing my mindset tremendously, very powerful book if you put the time to do the exercises he suggests.

@Neph Give Six Pillars Of Self-Esteem a read, there a lot of exercises in it that might help. 

@Neph Do you care more about the truth or about your depression? Because Depression has a positive thing in the pursuit of the truth. However Seeking the truth might not necessarily help your depression in the short term if even long term.

I m not sure if psychedelics are the magic pills against depression, but they can help some people sometimes. Never tried it myself though, so I can t say.