fridjonk

Incredible description of shadows by Ken Wilber ?

7 posts in this topic

This is the best description on shadows I've heard so far. Here he speaks of how shadows can stall your consciousness growth from elevating into integral tire 2 and 3. You need to collect the debt of the shadows to regain your consciousness points, to break through into higher stages.  

Please feel free to share some good Wilber videos below if you know of some. ^_^

His superhuman os program has good info on shadow integration and all.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

16 hours ago, fridjonk said:

This is the best description on shadows I've heard so far. Here he speaks of how shadows can stall your consciousness growth from elevating into integral tire 2 and 3. You need to collect the debt of the shadows to regain your consciousness points, to break through into higher stages.  

Please feel free to share some good Wilber videos below if you know of some. ^_^

@fridjonk  Thanks for sharing. Good summary you give.

Excellent resource. Mucho bueno. ?

@bonesurfer This reminded me of the question you brought up.

I see the Wilber Combs matrix as a map of the ladder up the Spiral. His description here also reminded me of the phrase/idea of 'Self similarly over scales'. Feel free to engage on my Journal or private message if so moved. I'm often slow to respond if I deeply ponder an issue. By your wording, I intuit a part of your emotional intelligence.

Personally, I have found the practice of - not outwardly expressing negative emotions- to be a challenging but also a rewarding practice. This doesn't mean I repress. I allow myself to feel fully whatever it may be but in not outwardly expressing negative emotions, some inner space begins to develop which turns into Witness Consciousness. My informal gut paraphrasing here,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@fridjonk Actually,,, barely any. I've flipped through his Integral Psychology some and studied a lot of the graphs in it. 

IMG_0917.JPG

I bought his Kosmic Consciousness audio set about a year after it came out sometime around 2004, though.  I listened to these cd's obsessively for 3-4 years, to the point where I would often quote verbatim out loud both of what Ken and Tami said as they talked. Tremendous amount of information here. 10 cd's each over an hour, if I remember right.

I've read a fair amount of Jana Dixon referring to things Wilber has said. Also, I've read just about everything  A. H. Almaas has written whom Wilber seems to have a lot of respect towards, which is kinda related.

There is also a later related condensed audio interview set of Wilber (4-5 cd's) which I listened to quite a bit but his Kosmic Consciousness set has been my main Wilber resource.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Awesome! Am really exited to give his books a shot to see if I resonate with him. Seems like a wise systematic thinker.