TDW1995

Priming the Mind for Approaching the Opposite Sex

9 posts in this topic

Being able to approach the opposite sex seems like a fantasy to me and many other introverted, shy individuals.  Although there is no way to escape actually approaching women to get results, I do wonder if there are ways to "prime" the mind prior to actually doing it.  Of course, I don't mean that anyone can be comfortable approaching women without actually doing it many, many times.  But, what would happen if throughout our days we do emotionally difficult activities- like take ice showers, do long strong determination sits, and other uncomfortable things?  I'm not saying this is transferable to making it eventually easy to approach, but do you believe that this can slowly build momentum to continue to do more emotional difficult things, such as approach the opposite sex?  Leo's "One Simple Rule to Acing Life" video comes to mind when I consider this as a possibility.

@Meetjoeblack ..wtf?

@TDW1995 Its about doing all those practices you listed but embracing the mindset that there really is nothing to lose, being detached from the result and being content with yourself no matter what happens. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

50 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@Meetjoeblack ..wtf?

It was offensive. It's been hidden.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@TrynaBeTurquoise I agree. There really is nothing to lose, yet the ego thinks otherwise. It's hard to find out why we take rejection so seriously. 

@TDW1995 You just force yourself to do it, your mind will do everything possible to convince you not to. But once you do it 2-3 times, it'll get addictive and you won't care as much. 

@TDW1995

Check out my post on this forum titled "Approach Anxiety? No problem."

I wrote my solution. I had (and still have) the same problem. But with my method, I'm able to get over it every session.

@Chew211 I love the idea and think it would benefit introverts/shy individuals.  Even prior to what you mentioned, I need to get out more.  I feel like I'm so extreme on the introverted end of the introvert/extrovert continuum that just getting out more would be huge.  Then, of course taking action using baby steps.

24 minutes ago, TDW1995 said:

@Chew211 I love the idea and think it would benefit introverts/shy individuals.  Even prior to what you mentioned, I need to get out more.  I feel like I'm so extreme on the introverted end of the introvert/extrovert continuum that just getting out more would be huge.  Then, of course taking action using baby steps.

Rsd Tyler mentioned a 6step process. 

Imho, its far better to integrate it into the way that you are. Its not just needing a fake fucking mustache and wig to do your little routine. Its hardwired into your way of being. 

In terms of the big 5 personality traits, personality is static. Someone introvert is introverted the way someone extroverted is a extrovert through and through. Yes, you can develop skills and experience but it is why someone natural is such a outlier. Likely, the experience with women was better than say the schmuck who never got play.

Rsd Tyler mentioned the baby step approach. Approach all. Minimise time between interaction. Its in polar contrast to the myth of the one. Hitch for example which is garbage. The idea that some fat slob can go find love with a celebrity lol. Its ridiculous. 

You can succeed. Its just a lot of work. Again, what is the alternative? Tinder is cuck. OLD is lame and its not likely to yield any caliber that's worthwhile on any level. Lots of catfish lol. 

Do the Jordan Peterson personality test. That or a free one online. It can demonstrate the spectrum of where you reside. 

On 1/16/2020 at 6:14 PM, TDW1995 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise I agree. There really is nothing to lose, yet the ego thinks otherwise. It's hard to find out why we take rejection so seriously. 

I think its because of taking rejection personally. You just have to know 100% that it doesn't matter if someone rejects you for being your true authentic self because others will love you for being just that. Nothing was inherently wrong with you, it just wasn't meant to be but beyond that rejection the options and opportunities are still endless. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry