RevoCulture

"Hatred, Violence, Sadness are only within the mind, blah blah blah"..

24 posts in this topic

The "illusion" of the "negative" expressions in life have a proportionate relation to the "illusion" of "positive" expression of "happiness" and "peace".    They are two sides of the same coin.   People are quick to talk about the illusion of the shadow and then promote the light... lol.   As if you can separate them.  

I like ask should I praise the dark for giving life to the light, or, should I curse the light for giving life to the dark?  Two ends of the same stick.  

People who tend to be so pro-positive are actually vehemently anti-negative, they are only blinded to this fact by their own obsession, their self-righteous proclamations.  What is positive about being filled with a great disposition against "negativity"?  You can't be pro anything without being anti the other. (someone might try to make an argument for being non-dual as being pro but how can something non-dual be one if there is no other?).

We see all around us people who are pro-positive lashing out against all things that don't represent their definition of positive, this isn't being positive, it is biased, divided, aggressive to all things outside its "acceptable" actions.  These forum topics seem to be loaded with people lashing out against "negativity" because they seem to think it is an either or question.  You just pick one or the other. 

Maybe it is a layered reality and it isn't either or?  Maybe there are stages and states that need to be navigated and experienced?   Maybe we can be opposing realities all at the same time?  Maybe while we are experiencing both "positive" and "negative" at the same time we are also experiencing no emotional or judgmental attachment to any of it all at the same time?  Maybe we can be it and not be it at the same time?   

I don't believe any of us want "negative" experiences for anyone in the forum, we don't want pain and suffering.  Is denying aspects of life, the great developmental process, is that "positive" or is the lack of acceptance and ability to see how it all belongs, how it all fits, maybe that is "negative".  Maybe preaching division through "preferential positivism" bias isn't so positive? 

Maybe our actions, like the "positive" cheerleader, is conscious development highlighter that points out where we are.  

Bottom line.. I feel for people who are expressing distress in their life.. These people who are in the mix, on the journey, and maybe need to be heard, have some people connect with them... AND... then per normal they get blasted with some ultra positive verbiage (often coming from people whose lives aren't what is being preached and is closer to what people are expressing)...

"Positive" messages are good and belong in the mix and are appreciated but maybe some humility and connection in mud might be nice too... 

Edited by RevoCulture

Not only is hatred, violence and sadness in the mind, but so are your interpretations of the people who you think only spew out these messages. 

Sorry but this 'insight' you have is just another misunderstanding in the path. 

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Not only is hatred, violence and sadness in the mind, but so are your interpretations of the people who you think only spew out these messages. 

Sorry but this 'insight' you have is just another misunderstanding in the path. 

Bravo.. That is what I am saying... If it is ALL in the "mind" as you say..  why, why oh why, is there so much emphasis on negating people's "negative" experience and trying to tell them to be "positive"?   

@electroBeam Question, if you have the time... 

In my write up I said that maybe there are states and stages and within this space the full mix of these expressions might exist.  It seems you drove my inquiry into the mind alone, is there a reason?  And are you saying that sadness and hatred etc don't exist outside of the mind?  And a question about "misunderstanding" the path.. isn't every interpretation of the path just a sliver of the absolute Truth, as in aren't we all in a state of not fully understanding the path, are we in more of an unfolding and enfolding process?   You seem to be very advanced.  Thanks.

@RevoCulture That's a very good point. Ultimately there is no positive or negative, it's all an interpretation of the mind. In reality no such thing exists. We, as individuals, might have certain predispositions of what we like and dislike but that is relative. What someone enjoy others might not enjoy.

Even things that brings happiness can be based in illusion, based in thought, but why take the time to see through that when we can take that time to see through that which brings us suffering?

11 hours ago, RevoCulture said:

how can something non-dual be one if there is no other?

What is not two is not a thing. You are not a thing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Is the abuse a child may experience all in their mind?

The point of your rant is all in your mind..... no need to overthink things, they are just what they are, being aware of them and acknowledging them for what they are isn't being pro or anti in this binary you seem to be caught in.

Here, let me break the dualism paradigm for you....pro...anti and..... indifferent. See? It's not even 2 sides in it..... it's 3....and 1..... the 1 being it just is what it is. Peace.

Edited by SOUL

yes I agree. People eat what is in front of them. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

On 1/16/2020 at 6:57 PM, WelcometoReality said:

@RevoCulture That's a very good point. Ultimately there is no positive or negative, it's all an interpretation of the mind. In reality no such thing exists. We, as individuals, might have certain predispositions of what we like and dislike but that is relative. What someone enjoy others might not enjoy.

@WelcometoReality "Even things that brings happiness can be based in illusion, based in thought, but why take the time to see through that when we can take that time to see through that which brings us suffering?"

The irony I found in practice of the esoteric teachings is... That what we think brings us happiness tends to be attachment and that isn't true happiness, that happiness lies in the reunification with the whole.  Merging with the whole is seeing through all illusion where there is no longer a preference, only acceptance.  Desiring happiness or averting suffering is actually the dualism game and the only way through is to unify the halves and see that they are actually the same... When we see that the attachment to happiness is suffering and that not avoiding the suffering is contentment we become whole again,,, If that makes any sense..

@Nahm The question was rhetorical...  But appreciate.... Maybe things exist in multiple forms or layers.. Illusion or not.. Nondual as No-thing doesnt mean that I myself, illusion or not, am No-thing while being something.... I believe the line you are pushing, which is used by many people, should be reevaluated, the whole your self is ONLY an illusion (true but the full truth... maybe not).  While it is true maybe there is a deeper truth that consists of more layers.  

This idea that if it isn't fundamental reality then it isn't reality and it doesn't exist.. I think it is kinda played out at this point.. 

Also here is the full quote, might help when interpreting and replying:   lol..  Kinda like the media when they take a slice of something and twist it... poking fun here.. all in good humor.. 

(someone might try to make an argument for being non-dual as being pro but how can something non-dual be one if there is no other?)    as you see, what you said is in the full quote, hence the rhetorical question.. 

On 1/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, RevoCulture said:

how can something non-dual be one if there is no other?

@Nahm said: What is not two is not a thing. You are not a thing. 

Edited by RevoCulture
added full original quote and commentary

On 1/16/2020 at 10:30 PM, SOUL said:

Is the abuse a child may experience all in their mind?

The point of your rant is all in your mind..... no need to overthink things, they are just what they are, being aware of them and acknowledging them for what they are isn't being pro or anti in this binary you seem to be caught in.

Here, let me break the dualism paradigm for you....pro...anti and..... indifferent. See? It's not even 2 sides in it..... it's 3....and 1..... the 1 being it just is what it is. Peace.

@SOUL  Where did I say child abuse was all in the mind?   Or are you one of those people who loves to throw shocking examples like child abuse whenever possible, like it is some sort of power move?  Don't worry you aren't the only one to say child abuse at every opportunity..    And I would attempt to have dialogue around this but you seem to be more into displaying your chest beating prowess.. 

No need to over think you say, while thinking and typing away those thoughts of yours.. pure hypocrisy.. 

My point was that the binary is both real and and illusion, dual and nondual, to the one that sees it, you totally missed that while accusing me of being stuck within it (maybe that says more about you and where you are, your whole post speaks to where you are)..

Dualism is dual my young learner... as in two.. indifference is how you feel towards a dual position... ouch..  i would consider this comedy but you seem to really think you are throwing down some serious knowledge... it is knowledge but of a certain kind... Thanks, I think... 

Edited by RevoCulture
included @

@Leonora  hmmm... think nonduality means there isnt anything outside of "the one".. so a bubble in a bubble bath full of bubbles has way more going on then the unified field..  Your thoughts?

I think what I was attempting to convey was multiple perspectives and how those perspectives have multiple perspectives and therefore we don't have to think "sadness" as you say is something to be sad about... i dunno.. spit balling here.. 

Thanks for sharing thoughts... do appreciate it.. 

@RevoCulture , I see that I have triggered your fragile ego, my apologies, you may resume your mental masturbation without my interference now. Haha

@SOUL

6 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@RevoCulture , I see that I have triggered your fragile ego, my apologies, you may resume your mental masturbation without my interference now. Haha

Yes.... he/she retreats....  we both know... all good, we family in this journey.. you can bring it if you  got it to be brought... 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:04 AM, RevoCulture said:

Bravo.. That is what I am saying... If it is ALL in the "mind" as you say..  why, why oh why, is there so much emphasis on negating people's "negative" experience and trying to tell them to be "positive"?   

Because people are ignorant. They translate everything through their own limitations. But also keep in mind that when someone is talking to you they are actually giving advice to theirself so yeah, it's like we keep reminding ourselves to be positive because negative sucks more? 

But what about you? What do you prefer? If positive goes hand in hand with negative, then what's the alternative, neutrality? Is "equanimity" another way of saying "enlightenment"?

@iamme  hey there.. :D

Can you stop hate by hating hate?  When negativity is being bashed, up, down, sideways and back with a club of positivism it is hard to achieve the desired goal.   

Here is a story that starts to reach in the direction that I connect with:

https://excellentjourney.net/2014/12/19/joseph-campbells-samurai-tale/

I could say that "negative" and "positive" can be known from a place where "negative" becomes "positive" and "positive" becomes "negative" and suddenly everything becomes everything and a return to our lives happens with a fresh perspective... 

Blessings, journey strong.. 

4 hours ago, RevoCulture said:

@WelcometoReality

The irony I found in practice of the esoteric teachings is... That what we think brings us happiness tends to be attachment and that isn't true happiness, that happiness lies in the reunification with the whole.  Merging with the whole is seeing through all illusion where there is no longer a preference, only acceptance.  Desiring happiness or averting suffering is actually the dualism game and the only way through is to unify the halves and see that they are actually the same... When we see that the attachment to happiness is suffering and that not avoiding the suffering is contentment we become whole again,,, If that makes any sense..

@RevoCulture It's okay to desire happiness but the catch is, (as you implied in your above post), to define "happiness" correctly. There is nothing wrong in seeking happiness and working towards attaining it.  

You already said, attachment is not happiness. Then you said that happiness is reunification with the whole, in other words "a lack of separation". That's actually pretty spot on, so you're clear on that! :)

You also need to become clear on what "avoiding suffering" is about. That's actually fearing it so yeah, fear is a limitation. Acceptance of bullshit is also called tolerance and is a limitation too. You see, from an enlightened point of view, when you see bullshit, you try to improve it without causing more harm than good (oh the joys of duality). If you can't change it and you're smart, don't get negative about it. Take the positive approach which is deal with it the best you can or tolerate it or get away from it, all within duality.    

Conclusion being that beyond duality there is a whole non dual world and a wise person knows when to use the tools of duality which are the opposites and when to transcend into the non dual mind set of equanimity.

9 minutes ago, RevoCulture said:

@iamme  hey there.. :D

Can you stop hate by hating hate?  When negativity is being bashed, up, down, sideways and back with a club of positivism it is hard to achieve the desired goal.   

Here is a story that starts to reach in the direction that I connect with:

https://excellentjourney.net/2014/12/19/joseph-campbells-samurai-tale/

I could say that "negative" and "positive" can be known from a place where "negative" becomes "positive" and "positive" becomes "negative" and suddenly everything becomes everything and a return to our lives happens with a fresh perspective... 

Blessings, journey strong.. 

That's a nice story! Yeah, bashing is an attitude of the unwise.

@iamme   Werd....   I like what you dropping..   Knowing the reality beyond the dual (positive and negative) only to speak of positive and negative as if it is truth, which it is from a place but it isn't... but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. but it is.. but it isn't. 

Don't get me wrong.. i'm strong bumping positive unification from an incredibly egotistical biased position... but i see the illusion within it.. so I act in various realities simultaneously..   its totally basic... i'm just a basic B... no-thing.. chilling.. 

appreciate you.. thanks for sharing..