actualizing25

Leo (and of course all the other members of this forum), what should I do?

39 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Thank you for your answers Leo, you are the best. I want to add something to my post. Its not that Im not intersseted in reality, of course I am. I am curious about God, I want to explore reality and see if theres is more than just this current state of reality I am in right now. I intuitively know that theres is much more than the reality Im livin in. Im also curious about Love and other topics you are talking about in your videos. Its just that I dont have this deep passion like you have, this deep love for reality, metaphysics and so on. And I really want to walk the path towards awakeking, raising my consciousness to infinity. I hope that Yoga, Meditation and Psychedelics can help me with that. My last question for you would be: Do you think that this deep love/passion for reality /truth can manifest itself in the future, as Im doing the mentioned spiritual practices?

Thanks a lot for your time and effort to ansnwer my questions. Peace

4 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

Its just that I dont have this deep passion like you have, this deep love for reality, metaphysics and so on.

This is a personal dev site. Whatever you don't have, you can develop.

Passion can be cultivated. Start today.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, RevoCulture said:

@Serotoninluv The topic of this thread, how common is it?  I feel like i have seen this expressed multiple times, it makes sense really.  

To me, the topic seems to be: "How can find what will make me happy?".

I would say this is one of the most common fundamental human questions. The human may or may not be aware of this. For example, someone may be aware "I am seeking to be happy. How and where can I find this?". Another person may unconsciously seek - for example, by seeking sex, travel, a good job, learning a foreign language etc - yet they may be seeking without realizing they are seeking a relative form of happiness.

The trap is that this is a relative form of happiness. To seek happiness means that happiness is not Here and Now. If happiness was Here and Now, there is nothing to seek - it's been found - it's Here and Now. So we need to create a construct that there is thing called happiness that is not present now, If it's not here now, it must be in some other place in the future. Then there is a desire to seek and find that happiness. This is a fundamental energetic orientation of humans. There is nothing wrong with this, yet it causes turmoil when a person conflates absolute happiness and relative happiness. Absolute happiness cannot be found in the timeline of past or future. It can only be found Now. This is an unconditional happiness and the deeper desire. At a deeper level, we want to come back Home, which is eternally Here and Now.

@Serotoninluv    Thanks for the break down and..  my question was about this forum and the degree of presence the question has.  Is it often you see this question, to what degree, as someone who is both a moderator and very active within the forum I am guessing you have good insight? 

You say it is one of the most common fundamental human questions.  Maybe I am supposed to infer from this statement that it is present in the forum but I prefer not to assume that is what you meant.   Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

To me, the topic seems to be: "How can find what will make me happy?".

I would say this is one of the most common fundamental human questions. The human may or may not be aware of this. For example, someone may be aware "I am seeking to be happy. How and where can I find this?". Another person may unconsciously seek - for example, by seeking sex, travel, a good job, learning a foreign language etc - yet they may be seeking without realizing they are seeking a relative form of happiness.

The trap is that this is a relative form of happiness. To seek happiness means that happiness is not Here and Now. If happiness was Here and Now, there is nothing to seek - it's been found - it's Here and Now. So we need to create a construct that there is thing called happiness that is not present now, If it's not here now, it must be in some other place in the future. Then there is a desire to seek and find that happiness. This is a fundamental energetic orientation of humans. There is nothing wrong with this, yet it causes turmoil when a person conflates absolute happiness and relative happiness. Absolute happiness cannot be found in the timeline of past or future. It can only be found Now. This is an unconditional happiness and the deeper desire. At a deeper level, we want to come back Home, which is eternally Here and Now.

10 minutes ago, RevoCulture said:

@Serotoninluv    Thanks for the break down and..  my question was about this forum and the degree of presence the question has.  Is it often you see this question, to what degree, as someone who is both a moderator and very active within the forum I am guessing you have good insight? 

As I see it, there is seeking that is fundamentally human. There are many different forms and some can be sneaky and subtle.

Seeking happiness and seeking relief from suffering are the two most common dynamics on the forum  - to various degrees, imo. There are other seeking orientations, yet less common. 

Be aware that there is a personal edge to your energetic orientation that can create personal conflicts. 

On 1/16/2020 at 0:34 AM, actualizing25 said:

@Serotoninluv Thanks for your long answer:) very kind and helpful words, I try to figure out now, what will be next for me. I hope that I can develop a desire to experience Truth for Truths sake.

@actualizing25 Happiness is a very worthwhile goal and defining happiness for yourself could be a most enlightening process. You have already said in your opening post what happiness isn't for you: the trappings of the world don't really make you happy. So what makes you happy? Maybe working towards liberating yourself from your ego's limitations would bring you happiness. Contemplate that, what would really make you happy?

@Serotoninluv     Communication is undoubtedly an interesting mix of variables.    I see that you are taking more of a meta approach to my question and converting it into an analysis of aversion and attachment, totally cool but not my question.  I appreciate what you conveyed and it resonates.  I imagine it is challenging as a moderator shifting gears from delivering "answers" to having dialogue of more "lower" level.  Like my interest in if a question is consistent and leaving it at that instead of going Meta on it..   Total respect, I get it..   You are attempting to educate, elucidate, respect.. 

You need to be you and I myself.  Sometimes it takes a few exchanges to find clarity, i don't have a problem with that.  I hope you don't mind being questioned to refine what is being conveyed.  Like if what I was asking wasn't being answered in the answer or is that an attack on you somehow?

I find we all have a personal edge to our energetic orientation that can create conflict?    If, we allow ourselves to feel conflicted of course.....

I can see something you don’t see and don’t want to see. We aren’t on the same frequency. Have a nice night. 

@Serotoninluv

51 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I can see something you don’t see and don’t want to see. We aren’t on the same frequency. Have a nice night. 

I just noticed this comment...  Before it was presented to me as "I can see you"... now it appears to be different?   

To what degree are you able to pierce another person's being and transcribe them?   When you say we aren't on the same frequency what do you mean?   We aren't both part of the eternal Truth?  Or how does your judgment upon me fall and where does it place me in your supposed comparison to yourself?  It would seem from the text that you see things that I can not, therefore you are superior?  Therefore we aren't on the same frequency because you are more enlightened maybe and hold a "higher" vibration?

I'm ok with your judgment feel free to speak openly, safe space.  This line of reasoning is interesting.  I appreciate your willingness to share. 

Good night to you as well... 

@Serotoninluv Did we attempt to connect at some other point I don't believe so?  Or are you saying that this one thread with a couple of messages sums everything up?  I looked back at the exchange and it is mild, accept, I did attempt to redirect you to what I was asking.  I did that while be considerate and appreciative.    You are obviously a knowledgeable individual, skilled.  Did my questioning your answer trigger you in some way?

Feel free to speak openly, you feel it, it is your truth, or is that not allowed because of status and  position?  Or do you feel uncomfortable expressing these sorts of truths?   I respect that.  It nice to know..  Or if you really wish to not speak these truths and would rather I just not know it is ok too.. 

I actually resonate with what you provide to community, they are fortunate to have you.  Maybe sometimes in life we need different archetypes to deliver the same message.  maybe it isn't a one size fits all.  and maybe those that think they know need the variation the most... 

I am all things, all expressions, none do i reject, for they are the mandala i seek.. 

Good night my friend... 

@Serotoninluv

Wild... The nature of reality seems to come easy to you to break down.. but.. a personal connection can't be attempted... 

Tier 1...  Locked within the division of their own imagining... 

Not you of course..  I have meet many people who wax poetic for days but are unable to do the person to person thing... 

To bad, I look forward to your continued insights.. 

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Be aware that there is a personal edge to your energetic orientation that can create personal conflicts. 

I believe the word "can" expresses possibility, not predetermination. Dude, why are you doing this?

Besides, assuming that conflict is inevitable, why are you trying to avoid it?

Interesting questions.

On 1/17/2020 at 0:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

This is a personal dev site. Whatever you don't have, you can develop.

Passion can be cultivated. Start today.

You mind expanding on what you mean by passion can be cultivated?  I'm curious what you mean by this.  In my experience, you either are passionate for something or your not. 

Take for example the classic example of a person may need to suffer a lot in order to get to a place where the question and interest in say "why am I suffering and why have my dreams not lead me to the happiness I was hoping" before there is a passion or say a possibility to pursue spirituality.  I've always wondered about this idea that passion and desire can be cultivated. 

Or do you mean that once you have a incline toward something, the more you give to that the more it grows?

Edited by Mu_

I use to dislike Lima beans but I developed a passion for them now I passionately dislike them and I truly appreciate their place in the universe as long as that place isn't my mouth.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I use to dislike Lima beans but I developed a passion for them now I passionately dislike them and I truly appreciate their place in the universe as long as that place isn't my mouth.

But what part of this was a intention or a choice and not just an unfolding behind the curtain of experience.

Edited by Mu_