Baotrader

Can dreams just be produced by the brain?

70 posts in this topic

@Inliytened1 thank you ??

@Serotoninluv  yes sorry, it's confusing when you can either be talking about awakening into the dream, or from the dream. 

thank you, that's the best, most comprehensive answer I've ever received on the subject of night dreams and it's bleed-throughs... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Inliytened1 

@Serotoninluv  

Phone bug

@Nahm  I dunno ?‍♂️    no one ever asks 'do you want to forget yourself and enjoy this coming dream?' it just happens...  And sometimes I become aware of it, and sometimes I don't.  (Speaking as the character who remembers the dream in the morning.) 

BUT to answer your question, I sure hope so! 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

On the flip side, when I awake from sleep I have no dream recall at all. In 6 months time I might recall a tiny portion 1-2 times. So, for me, its waking, deep sleep, waking. It's been a very long time like this. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

On the flip side, when I awake from sleep I have no dream recall at all. In 6 months time I might recall a tiny portion 1-2 times. So, for me, its waking, deep sleep, waking. It's been a very long time like this. 

I'm so sorry to hear that ??  dreams are the spice of life!   Just curious : are you right handed and predominantly 'left - brained'? 

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Do you want to remember dreams? There are ways to improve dream recall, yet it can take a bit of work and sometimes it isn't convenient for continuous sleeping. I was also only remembering about 1-2 tiny pieces each six months. Yet that was with no effort. With effort, I was able to increase it to remembering dreams nearly every night. 

10 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Just curious : are you right handed and predominantly 'left - brained'? 

I am right handed. I am a logical thinker, not too creative (although I use to oil paint), but I don't know if I believe in left or right brained. Why?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you want to remember dreams?

I'm not sure at this point. Its been well over a decade. 

Are you glad you now recall your dreams? If so, why?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Anna1 said:

I'm not sure at this point. Its been well over a decade. 

Are you glad you now recall your dreams? If so, why?

I got into it last summer and was remembering 1-3 dreams per night. However, dream recall can be really inconvenient. I was waking up multiple times per night and would have to turn on a light and journal them - or I would forget them. Yet, I wasn't working so could sleep later. My mind also wasn't pre-occupied with work responsibilities. Yet about month ago, I stopped remembering. I do miss it and may want to start putting in some effort again to remember. Yet I need to be careful. I'm a really light sleeper and it can be difficult to fall back asleep. If I wake up at 4am and wake up to write a dream down, I may not be able to get back to sleep. When I have to work in the morning, that's not good.

My favorite things about dream recall was a window into my psyche. It was like I was connecting to a deeper part of myself and expanding. As well, I started lucid dreaming during the day. I could spend all day out in nature. I would lay under a tree for hours gazing up and enter lucid dreams. It was super cool. It also gave me realizations about what is real vs. imagined. . . I also had one prophetic dream that connected a dream to waking life. It was super bizarre and had a big impact on me. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

However, dream recall can be really inconvenient. I was waking up multiple times per night and would have to turn on a light and journal them - or I would forget them.

Oh wow, I sleep very soundly, so I doubt I could wake up after a dream to write it down. 

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

. Yet about month ago, I stopped remembering

Damn, that would probably happen to me too,  especially since I'm so accustom to not remembering. I mean, over a decade is a very long time.

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I'm a really light sleeper

I have the opposite problem. I could sleep through a hurricane. I hit snooze 6 times before I can wake up, lol. It's funny when I'm on-call, cause it's a toss up if they can wake me.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

My favorite things about dream recall was a window into my psyche.

Yes, that's cool. 

Thanks for the rest of your insights. I appreciate it.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Can you at least tell me if it's all related to the double slit experiment?

No!

It's all a hallucination.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

It's all a hallucination.

Would you agree with this statement? "Within the hallucination there are clues that reveal itself to be a hallucination" (referring to the double slit experiment for example).

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Would you agree with this statement? "Within the hallucination there are clues that reveal itself to be a hallucination" (referring to the double slit experiment for example).

Yes, there are clues.

Not sure if I'd call the double slit one of them. I guess it depends on how you interpret it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, there are clues.

Not sure if I'd call the double slit one of them. I guess it depends on how you interpret it.

A bit more nuanced perhaps.

@Leo Gura For what it's worth, learning about the double-slit experiment in year 11 physics is the first time I truly had my mind blown and started to question the nature of reality, so there's that

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack For me it was when I first looked into what Buddhism was, after reading an article about Maxi Jazz (Faithless) which said he was a Buddhist rapper. 

Buddha was saying that reality is an illusion. So it struck me: 'Hey, science is saying the same thing! If he knew that 2500 years, there must be something to it.' 

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

A bit more nuanced perhaps.

depends on if you are the slit or the paper or what slit and paper might be made out of - did anyone ever question energetical interference? and how light might contract the moment of touch? or how a flame is only burning at the upper edges?

Edited by remember

Is it not interpreted that the act of observation, even the illusion of observation,  changes ordered 'form' into chaos or vice versa? Which could eventually reduce into individuality? Or am I missing something? I didn't say it explained the overall hallucination, or whatever

And by individuality I don't mean separateness, I mean various expressions of reality within itself. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

On 1/15/2020 at 0:09 PM, Baotrader said:

I am convinced that some dreams are spiritually orientational and show signs of future ( I got some). But can some dreams just be products produced by brain?

Last night I had a dream which I go to a store that sells armodafinil in PINK package. It's just because I once saw a guy on this forum posted that PINK packaged armodafinil and was curious because I always buy Blue packaged armodafinil. 

What if your dreams is just the real you experiencing its own infinity ?

What if you're projecting dreams are happening inside your brain (that you never saw or felt), because that's what everyone told you ?

What if the only reason you call dreams, dreams, is because you interpret it as not "real", because you believe what you experience now is more "real" ?

What if you're dreaming right now, but are believing it so much, that you forgot about it, just like your dreams at night, until you wake up ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@seeking_brilliance A dream within a dream might be redundant and self resolving. 

Hmmm ? ok I'm going to take that as a koan and not try to gleam any meaning since that's where I seem to get in trouble ?