Gneh Onebar

MDMA and Nitrous: Being pure Consciousness (Trip Report)

39 posts in this topic

Warning: Nitrous is potentially harmful and addictive.

I’m just going to focus on the experienced combination of these two substances. After the MDMA peak (110 mg plugged) I inhaled nitrous from a small balloon. What followed, was my second breakthrough using psychedelics. In an instant my mind just stopped thinking and my body totally vanished. What was, left was only awareness, stillness and peace. When ‘I’ came back a few moments later the first thought I had, was, holy shit, this is exactly, what is going to happen, when my body dies and I dissolve into nothing. Then I thought, that this is how 5-MeO-DMT must 'feel'. (Maybe it's finally time to give it a try. ;) )

What impressed me the most and this is also the reason, why I write about this experience, is the fact, that the ‘transition’ from ego awareness into pure consciousness was really smooth and enjoyable – I felt no fear at all, but appreciated the dissolution. Furthermore the experience was very clear and straight. Until now I had a few trips using mushrooms, 1P LSD, 2C-B and changa, however this was the first time, that there was absolutely no resistance caused by a struggling ego nor any twisted imagery.

This is not a thread to advocate the use of nitrous. This is just my experience, that left me rather speechless, because I wasn’t expecting to experience a straight mystical state from nitrous. Just to say: I didn’t felt the urge to take a second hit, because the experience was quite overwhelming.

PS: The nitrous gave a serious boost to the MDMA effect, that lasted for approximatively two and a half hours. My mind stayed quite still during that time and my body felt loose and transparent.

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

3 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

the ‘transition’ from ego awareness into pure consciousness was really smooth and enjoyable – I felt no fear at all, but appreciated the dissolution. Furthermore the experience was very clear and straight. Until now I had a few trips using mushrooms, 1P LSD, 2C-B and changa, however this was the first time, that there was absolutely no resistance caused by a struggling ego nor any twisted imagery.

That's how it is for me on any psychedelic every time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How many trips did it take you to build up to that point?

9 minutes ago, bazera said:

How many trips did it take you to build up to that point?

It was that way basically from my first trip. But the clarity has now skyrocketed to the point where every trip is insane levels of omniscience and universal insight.

It took maybe 50 trips to start to get comfortable in the psychedelic space. The mindfuckry of those initial 50 breakthroughs is so strong it obscures the clarity -- as the mind struggles to understand what is happening to it.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What were the challenges of the bad trips you've described you had?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

19 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

What were the challenges of the bad trips you've described you had?

Mostly existential issues such as the sense of going insane or losing one's mind.

That is especially problematic until you realize that there is no material reality and that everything is Infinite Imagination.

And a few times the trips just felt "off" for some unknown reason. Like they had a bad, negative body vibe to them. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was interference from certain medication I was taking or just something in my mind going sideways.

And sometimes if the dose is too strong, material reality melts so much that it can become scary in itself.

In total I've had maybe 6 "bad trips" out of 80+

• One I attribute to early arrogance and too high a dose (with mushrooms), which led to sense of going insane
  • One I attribute to interaction with a medication I was taking (with LSD)
  • One I attribute to eating some food right before the trip (with 5-MeO-DMT)
  • One I attribute to simply very deep existential insight which creates such deep mindfuckery it becomes uncomfortable (with 4-AcO-DMT, although I don't really consider this a bad trip)
  • One I attribute to a panic attack reaction upon first time taking 5-MeO-DMT, fearing it might be terrible
  • One I attribute to taking a new research chemical which had an awful body load

Some other trips were uncomfortable or shocking, but I wouldn't call them bad.

And in the big picture, all of them were necessary and perfect for my growth. Especially my worst trips.

If you get a bad trip, that's God trying to teach you a lesson. You only have to figure out what the lesson is and obey it next time. Then the punishment stops. For example, you dose too high because you are cocky and aren't patient enough to ramp up doses, God punishes you. You learn your lesson and never do that again. Everything goes smoothly.

If I dosed less carefully I would have a lot more bad trips. Moderate dosing is crucial.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

One I attribute to early arrogance and too high a dose (with mushrooms), which led to sense of going insane

How much mushrooms did you take?

@Leo Gura Thanks for the insights, I relate to what you are talking about when sometimes its just "off" and its an unknown why. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It was that way basically from my first trip. But the clarity has now skyrocketed to the point where every trip is insane levels of omniscience and universal insight.

It took maybe 50 trips to start to get comfortable in the psychedelic space. The mindfuckry of those initial 50 breakthroughs is so strong it obscures the clarity -- as the mind struggles to understand what is happening to it.

Isn't the clarity a cause of the use of 5-MeO-DMT? I think 5meo has the potential to change the effect of other psychedelics.

Maybe receiving RASA lately made this dissolution so enjoyable - I'm not sure...

I hadn't had a bad trip until now, but most of them were rather emotionally and existentially challenging. At least they had a challenging part. However I'm rather new to the field with my 12 to 15 trips.

i know people who go raves and do this way more than they should let’s put it like that. 

will they get any form of insight from it, I mean raves message is Peace Love Unity and Respect, so seems to be coming from a green space, however I doubt they’ll get the existential insights you talk of here from doing this recreationally, plus the MD is likely shitty.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And a few times the trips just felt "off" for some unknown reason. Like they had a bad, negative body vibe to them. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was interference from certain medication I was taking or just something in my mind going sideways.

ah yeah, baby woodrose in a nutshell haha. 

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

i know people who go raves and do this way more than they should let’s put it like that. 

will they get any form of insight from it, I mean raves message is Peace Love Unity and Respect, so seems to be coming from a green space, however I doubt they’ll get the existential insights you talk of here from doing this recreationally, plus the MD is likely shitty.

Yeah, there seems to be a big difference in how you can use the substance. The combination of psychedelics and nitrous seems to have some benefits, if you tread the substance with enough caution. Maybe I am going to try 100 mcg of LSD combined with nitrous after the peak in the future.

@Leo Gura I think you're unquestionably right about eating could cause a bad trip. It just happened to me yesterday. It was horrible. I vomitted some food and then the trip took me to the scene I was surrounded by dogs. I am scared of dogs!!!. Dogs have been holding fear for me since when I was a child. I even wanted to die in the trip

@Leo Gura Leo how often are you tripping these days? Couple time a month? And also, i'm interested to know what your intentions are going forward with psychedelics? Do you still feel there is a lot of unexplored territory, insights yet to be realised? Are you ultimately working towards proving the psychedelic path for permanent non-dual awareness/awakening? 

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

14 hours ago, bazera said:

How much mushrooms did you take?

4 grams, but you have to keep in mind that I am much more sensitive to all psychedelics than average people. About twice as sensitive. So 4g is probably closer to 6-8 grams.

14 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@Leo Gura Thanks for the insights, I relate to what you are talking about when sometimes its just "off" and its an unknown why. 

Yeah, it's a puzzle.

11 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Isn't the clarity a cause of the use of 5-MeO-DMT? I think 5meo has the potential to change the effect of other psychedelics.

5-MeO certainly helps. But it's not the only factor. Perhaps even more important it the contemplation work. I find making sense of the trip very important. That clears things up in the mind, allowing for deeper trips every time as puzzles get resolved and settled.

11 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

They definitely get existential insights but most people have such a poor theoretical foundation that they don't understand the significance of what the trips show them. They play around in it for a while but then they drop back down and the whole thing is treated as some wacky alien experience at a party. It's not taken seriously enough or deeply contemplated.

And of course some people DO contemplate deeply even at raves and grow themselves spiritually. Just because it's a rave doesn't mean it can't transform you.

8 hours ago, Baotrader said:

@Leo Gura I think you're unquestionably right about eating could cause a bad trip. It just happened to me yesterday. It was horrible. I vomitted some food and then the trip took me to the scene I was surrounded by dogs. I am scared of dogs!!!. Dogs have been holding fear for me since when I was a child. I even wanted to die in the trip

Sounds like the trip took you exactly where you needed to go.

If you are afraid of dogs, how are you gonna face death & God? You must slay that demon before going deeper.

5 hours ago, Space said:

@Leo Gura Leo how often are you tripping these days? Couple time a month? And also, i'm interested to know what your intentions are going forward with psychedelics?

It varies. I always want to be tripping more but lack of time prevents it. I should be tripping more than I am.

My intentions are to do a lot more research.

5 hours ago, Space said:

Do you still feel there is a lot of unexplored territory, insights yet to be realised?

Yes, absolutely.

5 hours ago, Space said:

Are you ultimately working towards proving the psychedelic path for permanent non-dual awareness/awakening? 

Yes, that's still something I'm tinkering with.

Do you mean nitric oxide or the N2O that put in the cars of fast and furious?? Dude this is serious, can cause death easily

@Moreira  I mean nitrous oxide (laughing gas).

Does anyone else has experienced the combination of psychedelics and nitrous? What was your experience like?

@Leo Gura Yeah I agree, I mean you can tell a lot of Ravers are very different from 'normal' party animals, the focus is often on MD and LSD, but insights are usually drawn from a Green perspective, however, as you say these insights can still have dramatic effects on people and make them investigate deeper potentially. The experience of Love on MD even while at a rave is out of this world, issue is a lot of 17-20 year olds get hooked because it's like 100x better than getting drunk so often end up fucking their brains up, or moving to other Drugs to chase a high, sadly, often Cocaine as it's something you can do more regularly without a Psychological comedown supposedly. 

And, about moving down it's so true. I can think of so many people I had deep chats with at raves about all sorts, including this sort of stuff, yet now they're like a completely normal person with a typical job, lifestyle and way of living and have just gone back to alcohol or whatever. Oh well, everything is perfect as it is and that's what they need right now :) 

Did you ever use to party in your younger/ Pick up years? As much as it can be detrimental as you always say about balance it can be fun and enjoyable of course, but so many people my age just get hooked at College/ Uni or even younger. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Did you ever use to party in your younger/ Pick up years? As much as it can be detrimental as you always say about balance it can be fun and enjoyable of course, but so many people my age just get hooked at College/ Uni or even younger. 

I partied sober, without drugs or drink.