Dylan Page

Going through the motions. Life is bland.

24 posts in this topic

So after having this huge motivation to figure out reality and truth and all that good stuff, I feel like I’ve sort of hit a point where I don’t need to keep pursuing it as intensely. I was motivated by fear and I don’t feel as scared anymore. Now I’m just taking life one day at a time but it doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere. It’s boring, normal, and stale. I still find little instances of joy here and there but I have a general sense that something is missing. I don’t know what it is or how to find it but I guess I’m thinking maybe someone here knows what’s going on.

How much meditation do you do?

How stable is your attention span?

Are you working out?

Diet?

How much sleep?

Do you spend time in nature?

Do you have powerful friendships?

How often are you fapping/masturbating? 

Do you know what happiness is existentially? 

Odd questions maybe but each of these can play a huge role. These were just off the top of my head. 

@Consilience

I don’t ever do crisscross sit down meditation but every night before I go to bed I sit in silence for a bit. 
my attention span is fine, it’s more a matter of interest. 
I do not work out

my diet is not amazing but I don’t have the money or desire to perfectly craft my diet 

I sleep 7 hours a night 

I never spend time in nature 

I have strong friendships, but nothing I would consider powerful

I jerk off like once or twice a day 

happiness to me is contentment, satisfaction, optimism, understanding, and growth. 

Shake it up homes, grow some balls and do some mad stuff. Throw eggs at some people's houses with your mates.

@Meta-Man yeah I did acid once. I don’t like visuals though. I cherish the stability of my environment and acid really fucks with that. I also went through some delusional thinking that caused a sort of panic attack, it was really bad and I don’t think I’ll be doing it again. 

55 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@Consilience

I don’t ever do crisscross sit down meditation but every night before I go to bed I sit in silence for a bit. 
my attention span is fine, it’s more a matter of interest. 

I would definitely start implementing some sort of formal meditation practice, something that exposes the mind to the boredom of sitting down. If you can grow sensitive to simply sitting down and doing nothing, it makes all of life a lot more stimulating. Just from a really pragmatic standpoint, if someone starts finding long periods of breathing, of sitting, of being satisfactory, the actually going about life gets imbued with an added richness - this has been my experience with meditation. 

I do not work out

Exercise and mood go hand in hand. I used to be a personal trainer and this was one of the biggest short term effects exercise had on my clients - they all just felt better psychologically well before they were close to hitting their fitness goals. Something about moving the body and pushing it physically helps the mind. And from an evolutionary perspective, this makes sense considering our ancestors were always on the move. The human body is designed with this faculty. 

my diet is not amazing but I don’t have the money or desire to perfectly craft my diet 

Hey that’s fine I get that. Basically just making sure your diet is low in processed sugar and high in fruits, vegetables, and protein. And water. This can be done affordably. But if you’re eating low quality food like chips, soda, cereal, etc,. your mind will take a big hit guaranteed.  

I sleep 7 hours a night 

Nice.

I never spend time in nature 

:o Nature might help, for real. Just being in the stillness and peace nature provides Ive found to be very healthy for me psychologically. You might try it. 

I have strong friendships, but nothing I would consider powerful

Well that’s good. Strong friendships are great. For better or worse, our minds are social and do better when we have relationships which we can provide value for and from. Make sure you’re feeling and expressing appreciation for them, as well as spending quality time together. 

I jerk off like once or twice a day 

Id try an experiment. Try abstaining for 1 week and see how it makes you feel. Ive been experimenting with this whole no PMO thing and honestly it’s benefits are crazy. Im not perfect, Ive failed and have to keep restarting but even going from fapping every day to like 1x per week will have a pretty dramatic effect on the body and mind. I would try it out.  

happiness to me is contentment, satisfaction, optimism, understanding, and growth. 

I like this. Especially the contentment part. If you can find a way to be content aka happy under any circumstance, you will unlock the key to happiness. Which kinda goes back to my meditation point. Find happiness in doing nothing, and the rest will begin to grow.

Hopefully this advice can help. 

Edited by Consilience

@Consilience that was great, I appreciate the advice man. I’ll definitely keep what you have said in mind and will try some stuff out. Thank you

@Meta-Man yeah I’m willing to experiment with it more I guess, I’m just worried about it because when I did it I felt like I was going insane. Nothing felt normal or ok and it scared me. My family has some sort of genetic inclination for schizophrenia and psychedelics are known to be catalysts for that. I really don’t want to go through something like that and so you can see my hesitation. I think I’ll slowly work my way back up. Maybe I’ll try mushrooms again soon. 

2 hours ago, Dylan Page said:

I have a general sense that something is missing. I don’t know what it is or how to find it

This is both the trap and the key. A fundamental essence of the human experience is a sense that something is missing. How to proceed depends on your energetic orientation. I would pay attention to what you resonate with. That will reveal your orientation and path. 

Below are some statements that may or may not resonate with someone based on the energetic orientation:

— you are missing god in your life. Perhaps get involved with a church and find Jesus. 

— you are missing personal purpose in your life. Perhaps find a career path and pursue it,

—- you are missing challenge and adventure. Perhaps set a goal of hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro in the next year. 

— you are missing true love in your life. Perhaps create a relationship with someone that is more meaningful and loving than you can imagine.

— you are missing a sense of human connection and community in your life. Perhaps get involved with a meditation or yoga community. 

— you are missing a sense of mysticism and magnificence. Perhaps take a psychedelic and unlock a door to another dimension and discover your special abilities. 

—you are missing something deep within that can be found through introspection. Perhaps spend a week solo in the woods to discover your true nature. 

—you are missing something deep within that you have been unable to access through your own efforts. Perhaps travel to Peru and do an Ayahuasca retreat.

—you are not missing anything. Perhaps transcend the personal self and realize the unconditional wholeness that is Here and Now.

Each of these pointers could resonate with someone based on their energetic orientation. Personally, I would avoid pursuing something I “should” do or that may help me get out of a rut. Rather, I would pay attention to something I am drawn to - something I feel “called” to do. 

"The point of life is not to get anywhere - It is to notice that you are, and have always been, already there. You are, always and forever, in the moment of pure creation. The point of life is therefore to create - who and what you are, and then to experience that." - God

2 hours ago, Dylan Page said:

So after having this huge motivation to figure out reality and truth and all that good stuff, I feel like I’ve sort of hit a point where I don’t need to keep pursuing it as intensely. I was motivated by fear and I don’t feel as scared anymore. Now I’m just taking life one day at a time but it doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere. It’s boring, normal, and stale. I still find little instances of joy here and there but I have a general sense that something is missing. I don’t know what it is or how to find it but I guess I’m thinking maybe someone here knows what’s going on.

Sounds like the typical human experience. ❤

When we identify as a separate small individual we feel alone and frightened in a big scary world that's apart from us.( I am here and the world is out there)

Our mind naturally wants to protect us and make sense of everything so it labels everything and puts it in a small box and says I understand what it is.

The feeling of this individual then thinks it knows everything. It honestly believes it knows what everything is and what everything means.

The problem is this makes everything boring.

Think about when you were a kid and everything seem new and exciting.

We did things just for the hell of it there didn't have to be a reason.

The path is Unknowing...

Knowing is a trap...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

This could be due to the fact you are creating your own reality but unaware of it.

No disrespect Aaron but Nahm could be onto something here and it doesn't involve eggs :D

Powerful quote there Nahm. I had a bit of a meltdown at work today and your quote has come at the right time for me

@Dylan Page Reality is like a child's coloring book. You'll have to bring the Crayons if you want to draw in colors. 

@WelcometoReality I’m not entirely sure what an awakening would feel like. I’ve had some shocking realizations though. I’ve watched most of Leo’s videos made since like 2018 

@Dylan Page  Motivation is a movement based on the separate self. As we become more grounded in reality (here and now) this motivation starts to dissolve. It will try to do anything to reinvigorate itself as in new motivations and finding some fault in the current experience of now.

So the question is what you want. If you want truth then seeing through that movement is key.

@Dylan Page here mate, see in all seriousness. Your reality is perceived through the lense of your mind so if your reality feels crap then your mind is crap. I see no problem that cannot be solved by doing harder practises, longer practises, more powerful psychedelics. Don't let your mind trap you. It will say "aw fuck man, I really don't feel like I can do that shit." It is right! You cant, but stepping forward into the practices, ironically, ENABLES YOU TO DO THE PRACTICES! It's like one of those rotating doors, it blocks you from getting in...until you get in. Haha. You step in then it rotates round and you can get into the building. 

It depends man, if you want to have a shit life...be my guest. But me? Nah, fuck that. If I have to choose between bland/easy and colourful/hard you better believe I'm gonna choose to shake that shit up.and the thing is, it's completely and entirely your choice. So is your life gonna suck? Your call.

In all honesty all I can say is you just have to get there, have your intention to explore improve till you get there. 

There is just to much to cover to tell you more then way itself is the answer.

It takes very deep understanding and I would say getting so  tired of all the mind bs that you do not even fight it anymore. 

That is when you can have peace and  joy no matter what you do, 

Or you can push yourself trough strict practices to reach some states that will let you live in lala land, it is nice too, but there will be no you in a way. 

Edited by purerogue