AwakenedSoul444

Nicotine bad?

8 posts in this topic

I'm pretty much addicted to nicotine, started smoking cigarettes at this mental health group therapy where 50% of the therapy took place, and doctors even recommanded the breaks (smoking) when I tried to tell them it was fucking up the therapy. Anyways I didn't like the idea of these cancer causing cigarettes so I bought a vaper. And I've been smoking it ever since, for like half a year.

I always smoke strength 6 oils but I've found myself trying to quit the vaper because maybe it was fucking up my vision, and the urge to take it out of the closet and smoke it was too strong. It seems to give me a temporary strong energy boost like coffee and it feels amazing.

Is nicotine really that bad? Isn't there research looking into the medicinal benefits of nicotine? Maybe it's just a toxin when combined with all the bullshit of tobacco and smoked in such high degrees

Nicotine is one of the most addictive toxins we know of. I am not aware of any health benefits that nicotine offers. 

@Serotoninluv There used to be a website on selfhacked talking about the benefits of nicotine, it's anti inflammatory improves brain function, produces alpha waves in the brain . But he changed the site up because the owner no longer believes in those benefits I guess or found new research disproving it.

Guess the cognitive performance increase I get from smoking it is just nicotine addiction probably

I've been using a little nicotine before working out (2mg) and its a nice focus/performance boosting effect. Yesterday I took a little too much (6mg) and my nervous system was way too ramped up later in the day. Not doing that again. I enjoy the feeling for working out but besides that I don't desire the feeling it gives me at all. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Watch on Netflix; Broken, episode 2 Big Vape

I was addicted to smoking, then vaping for YEARS. Finally, got off it all by stopping cold turkey about 3 years ago. Nicotine is extremely addictive. I use to think I could think better, had more energy, helped me relax, etc...but it was the addiction talking. 

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Namaste 🙏 🕉

setting a date and then stopping like anna did - you could use l-theanin to suppress most of the craving and munchies you would get without. you could also start with the l-theanin some days before you stop. although you need to figure out how to handle that what you tried to channel with smoking. l-theanin is not addictive, that’s why it makes much more sense than using any nicotine band aids or so. it also gives you an energy boost and a calm wake feeling - different than nicotine or coffein, but still...

i read an article about a study from china where they put l-theanin in the filters of cigarettes, they found out that a lot of people reduced their cigarette consumption or stopped it entirely. 

i can only say that i would NOT have made it without it.

Edited by remember