Cocolove

Cough lasting a month

11 posts in this topic

It's now been about a month since I got a cough. It started as a cough, and there have been two 4 day ish periods where I had a stuffy nose too. It isn't too bad, but it still very concerning. I suppose I could have bronchitis, i don't know what else.

I have been thinking about going to the doctor, but I'm worried they'll just give me antibiotics.

How long should I wait before going? apparently bronchitis can cause coughs lasting over 2 months.

Most importantly, does anyone know what I can do to get back to wellness naturally? 

Check into some natural remedies. Pineapple is a great one to try with no downsides. I believe it really helped me kick a cough once in the past. Also try to take a few days to really rest, drink honey lemon water. If you're currently stressed out or overworked you need to address that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Cocolove I don't think there's anything wrong with natural and alternative remedies, yet there is something reeking of irresponsibility when the visit to the doctor is rejected.
Go to a doctor, you're not obliged to take anti-biotics that is your choice, but only in that way can you know what's really going on and afterwards apply what-ever natural or alternative way of healing yourself ill be appropriate 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Did you change your eating habits? Trust and love, work with your body, listen to it, do what you can to let go of the fear/worry and to understand what’s going on. If you like to hear what the doc says it doesn’t mean you gotta hand over authority 

6 hours of sleep = immunity drop by 70%

get a solid 8-9 hours sleep 2 or 3 days in a row, and you're all set.

natural acerola C vitamin helps...

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

If you're currently stressed out or overworked you need to address that. 

I did take about 2 weeks that were very relaxing over the holidays. I never really do too bad with stress. Meditation keeps me very calm.

2 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Cocolove I don't think there's anything wrong with natural and alternative remedies, yet there is something reeking of irresponsibility when the visit to the doctor is rejected.
Go to a doctor, you're not obliged to take anti-biotics that is your choice, but only in that way can you know what's really going on and afterwards apply what-ever natural or alternative way of healing yourself ill be appropriate 

Well said. Will go in a week if I'm not better.

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Did you change your eating habits? Trust and love, work with your body, listen to it, do what you can to let go of the fear/worry and to understand what’s going on. If you like to hear what the doc says it doesn’t mean you gotta hand over authority 

Yes I have recently, but only about 10 days ago really, so after I had already been sick. None of the following had any noticable affect. I did a fast for two days a week ago. In the past 1 or two weeks I have been transitioning into veganism. I have been vegan fully for like 4 or 5 days.

The thing about the doctor and antibiotics is that my parents may urge me to take them if the doc says I should. Although really I have full control so that's a rubbish excuse.

1 hour ago, Soulbass said:

6 hours of sleep = immunity drop by 70%

get a solid 8-9 hours sleep 2 or 3 days in a row, and you're all set.

natural acerola C vitamin helps...

I get a solid 8-9 hours sleep every single night. 

I have been made sure I am getting enough vitamin c from food, and I have taken a few supplements. Not that kind though.

Also, I have been using Paul Stamets Host Defense since christmas. 

How old are you? 

Do you currently take any medications? Especially of note are ACE inhibitors such as cilazapril/enalapril/quinapril (sold as Pharex or Hypace)

Can you describe your cough? Is it dry or wet (i.e. mucus comes out when you cough). If mucus comes out does it have a colour (green/yellow/frothy white?)

Do you have any pain when you cough? How intense are the coughs.

Do you smoke cigarettes or weed at all?

@Cocolove the air you've been breathing might be too dry since it's winter or/and maybe some B12 could help.

You know cough is not necessarily a disease itself, it just means your body is pushing mucus out of your lungs. The question is why is it being produced in excess? It seems like your body is either fighting something in the respiratory area or there is too much pollution where you live or you have just entered a period of cleansing and the body is pushing out waste. 

Do you have any other symptoms? Like fever, headaches, joint pains, fatigue..?.

You could try looking into some immune boosting remedies. Any of the below could help: 

• Echinacea Purpurea  - if you can find a tincture with ratio of 1:1 get it, otherwise 1:2 or 1:3. In UK I only know one company that does 1:1. A lot of echinacea on the market is pathetically weak. If the bottle doesn't give you the ratio, don't buy it. A proper high quality echinacea will leave a nasty taste on your tongue, if it doesnt it is useless and won't work. 
  • Astragalus - you could combine astragalus and echinacea tincture and take them both for 2-4 weeks as an immune boosting protocol
  • Medicinal Mushrooms - Reishi are an amazing adaptogen and Maitake &Shiitake are very powerful immune stimulators. Alternatively you could get a medicinal mushroom mix. 

Either the mushrooms or the herbs, I am not sure I would combine them due to possible interactions. If you are currently on any meds, than they may interact with herbs. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

14 hours ago, Cepzeu said:

How old are you? 

Do you currently take any medications? Especially of note are ACE inhibitors such as cilazapril/enalapril/quinapril (sold as Pharex or Hypace)

Can you describe your cough? Is it dry or wet (i.e. mucus comes out when you cough). If mucus comes out does it have a colour (green/yellow/frothy white?)

Do you have any pain when you cough? How intense are the coughs.

Do you smoke cigarettes or weed at all?

I am 18(as of yesterday)

I take no medications.

It is pretty dry. Occasionally green and yellowish mucus has come out, but only a few times.

I have had only a few painful coughing fits. The coughs are usually pretty not intense, it can happen anywhere from 5 to 50 times a day. 

Weed once every few months.

13 hours ago, unicity said:

@Cocolove the air you've been breathing might be too dry since it's winter or/and maybe some B12 could help.

I'm taking B12 daily. I use humidifiers. THis seems to be not from air conditions but I don't know.

6 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Do you have any other symptoms? Like fever, headaches, joint pains, fatigue..?.

None other than the cough. I guess I just assumed it was  disease in and of itself, thanks for that.

Taking Host Defense which has some of those mushrooms.

It probably is bacteria. My mom had a cough and pain for 6 months and a few scans of lungs until someone has guessed what it is and prescribed the right antibiotic.

Go to the Doc and see what she has to say. If she will want to prescribe you antibiotics, ask her if you can take a microbiological test to determine if it's the right treatment.