Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

A question about LSD regular dose and micro dose tolerance

4 posts in this topic

I've heard that I should wait at least 2 weeks between journeys. I've heard that I should wait at least 2 days between micro-doses. How should I strategize (schedule) my trips if I want to use micro-doses (a third or so of a strong gel LSD tab) and regular doses (1 LSD tab or maybe 2). Is a schedule itself unwise versus intuition? Could I take a micro-dose every three days and then a regular dose every 2 1/2 weeks if the dose is 2 days after the micro-dose? Also I want to stay mostly on topic but is there a maximum dose of LSD one shouldn't go over or is it again an intuitive thing? I don't expect anyone to have any answers that I don't but I'm looking for some quick advice because I just got my hands on a few tabs and a source and I want to begin taking them since I'm excited for this new year.

@John Paul You are using vague measurements like "strong tab".

A microdose is generally between 5-15ug. A standard dose is about 125ug. Yet if you are new to tripping, I would suggest the first trip be between 50-75ug.

Everyone's sensitivity to psychedelics is different and trips will vary among people to due their genetics, karma, prior conditioning, mindset, setting etc. Thus, we generally give ranges of light, moderate and heavy doses.

I would not be concerned about your "upper limit" at this time. You need to experimentally find that point. You could have a very strong trip at 125ug and think "There is no way I could go higher. That is my upper limit". Or you could be underwhelmed with 125ug and think "Is this all there is?". You would need to find out. 

I would say 200ug is a very strong dose for most people and most would not need to go higher than this for a strong non-dual trip. Yet for many people this dosage could be counter-productive and even traumatic. Some psychonauts have gone into the 400ug+ range, yet I think they likely have a naturally high tolerance, had residual tolerance from previous trips. Regardless, such high dosages have risks and it would be extremely difficult to integrate.

Two day breaks between microdosing is fine. Two weeks breaks between regular trips is fine. Two days between a microdose and regular trip is fine. However, there are exceptions. For you, three day breaks may be best. As well, I would not create a hard schedule of tripping every two weeks. Just see how it goes and how your mind-body respond. You may feel a calling to trip again in two weeks. Or maybe not. In general, full trips every two weeks is a lot for a newbie to handle. It takes time to integrate realizations and tripping every two weeks may lose the "magic" or may be unsustainable due to intensity.

Also, I would strongly recommend having integration practices. I would dedicate about 1hr of integration for each hour of tripping. So, 8 hours of integration for an 8 hour trip. This integration time can be meditation, journaling, inquiry, walks in nature etc. 

In my experience you shouldn't do both. Either you microdose or you have a full trip every two weeks. Also if you trip every two weeks normally there is no need to microdose, because if you have a full experience the afterglow will last about 1-2 weeks.

In terms of maximum dose some folks say it won't get any stronger after 800ug. Personally I don't think thats true but I wouldn't take more then that because it can really fuck with your energy and its possible that you won't feel comfortable for months after such a high dose.

Like @Serotoninluv said, the best way is to work your way up slow. Start with about 100ug and stay with the dose until you feel really comfortable taking it. Then you can take 50-100ug more and stay with the next dose for some time. I wouldn't suggest upping your dose after every single trip.
I stayed in the 100-300ug range for 4 years until I just knew it's time for more.

The thing is once you start taking strong doses like 400ug+, it can be so satisfying at times that you don't want to go back to normal doses. And as said these experiences are very difficult to integrate for many different reasons.

Another thing I want to mention is that at least for me the schedules for tripping are no good. For example sometimes I wait only 1 week between trips and I still have full experiences every week and I learn and grow a lot from those. Other times I waited a month in between and I almost got nothing out of the trip.. I learned to trust my feeling when it comes to that. Also if you have like a busy week at work or some other shit going on it's not wise to trip anyway on weekends because thats your schedule you know. Same the other way if you having a fucking great month and you are really feeling it right now why not use every weekend :)

From my own experience I can tell you that I started with 225ug every month for a period of 6 months. I know it was a high dose for a beginner, but I listened to my intuition and prepared myself psychically as it should be several months before for this moment. But thus I had the first mystical experience with LSD which completely changed the course of spiritual evolution. Then I increased the dose to 330ug every month for another 6 months. The longer period of one month break between trips, helped me to integrate properly “the achievements.”

I never used microdose, because for me psychedelics were "now or never" But as the @Serotoninluv and @acidgoofy  said, we each have a different body chemistry and a different karma. Try to find your own balanced rhythm, using the information received with discernment and wisdom.❤️