Rilles

San Pedro Dosage?

79 posts in this topic

I've never used fresh cactus and would like to get an idea of amount, cost and time. About how much fresh cactus would be needed to have a solid trip? And about how long would it take to grow this amount?

@Serotoninluv it's really hard to answer that because it depends on your location, the exact strain you're growing, your growing skills, how much of a trip you want. Let's say it's a multi-year project. Better get started soon!

Cost is minimal, time is minimal too once you get it set up. They are not princesses for your attention at all.

Solar powered mescaline factory!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish I was looking into starting seeds too. I see it will take maybe year before finish planting but I'll be starting veg. garden seeds on a heat mat soon. Would you suggest these seeds? This is a hybrid I assume?  T peruvianus X pachanoi  / macrogonus -or other?

16 minutes ago, outlandish said:

@Serotoninluv it's really hard to answer that because it depends on your location, the exact strain you're growing, your growing skills, how much of a trip you want. Let's say it's a multi-year project. Better get started soon!

Cost is minimal, time is minimal too once you get it set up. They are not princesses for your attention at all.

Solar powered mescaline factory!

What would be the best use of $100? A bunch of seeds, several small cuts with roots or a large 24" cut? Or maybe several small potted cacti?

@Serotoninluv Whichever way you decide to go nurturing them is all part of the trip. You show them love and kindness and in return they show the same 10 fold. I know from growing vegetable gardens but this takes it to a whole other level.:D

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

What would be the best use of $100? A bunch of seeds, several small cuts with roots or a large 24" cut? Or maybe several small potted cacti?

Probably if your goal was to get mescaline quickly, you should get several cuts, ideally with a growth tip and roots. I'd prioritize growth tip over roots for sure since it's easy to get them to form roots. 

Growing from seed Is more rewarding and economical, but longer to bootstrap

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@outlandish I was looking into starting seeds too. I see it will take maybe year before finish planting but I'll be starting veg. garden seeds on a heat mat soon. Would you suggest these seeds? This is a hybrid I assume?  T peruvianus X pachanoi  / macrogonus -or other?

I dont know anything about the different hybrids unfortunately so you'll probably have to do some more research. Sounds like a Peruvian torch/san pedro hybrid of some variety 

@cetus56 Those are some spiritual looking cacti!

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise  

7 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@cetus56 Those are some spiritual looking cacti!

Just to see them in their natural state is an inspiring sight. They have a monolithic presence to them.

This is how you grow San Pedro ;)

san-pedro-house.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I have seen Walmart and HomeDepot sell small San Pedros in pots for like $10. Not enough to eat, but perfect for your garden.

9 minutes ago, outlandish said:

@cetus56 those are some beauties!

@Leo Gura xD amazing!

@outlandish Aren't they though. Especially in their natural environment. btw I did order the hybrid San Pedro/Peruvian torch seeds. I guess I can't go too wrong. I'll find out in a few years.:D

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

@Rilles when you planning it? Wish you a good trip man 

Sup dude? :]

In the next couple weeks, will start real small, but I heard Pedro is a gentle guide so I should be fine.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Even if you get pure synthetic mescaline it will still cause nausea, even if plugged. Mescaline's just not tolerated well by the body.

But even so, it should be a lot more pleasant than drinking a gallon of cactus juice.

Methallylescaline (MAL) is the closest synthetic mescaline analogue.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Methallylescaline

It will be much easier to dose than mescaline, and much cheaper.

mhhh >:( where would be the fun? i also don’t think that synthetic basil extract would do the same as a green leaf for me. even dried basil is not really the same. if we already watch the gras grow why not a cactus as well? there are much worse things to develop than a green thumb...