tsuki

Holy Scripture studies

27 posts in this topic

Hey @Angelite, sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

On 17.01.2020 at 9:33 PM, Angelite said:

My definition of karma is like a merit & demerit system. Idk how you viewed reincarnation. 

Karma is usually associated with religions of the far East - Buddhism and Hinduism - and is related to the idea that an individual soul traverses various bodies until it attains wisdom/liberation. Each life is a lesson for this soul and is a consequence of how it shaped itself in (or responded to) the lives it went through. The original "seeds" of karma are created along with the universe.

In various religions, this karmic process is interpreted on different levels. Some religions view it in a materialistic, objective, way. Some, on the other hand prefer more esoteric views (such as Zen Buddhism) that this is the process by which thoughts arise in consciousness.

In Yoga Sutras, it is said that by mediating (satori) upon the "I", the karmic seeds are dissolved and it is possible to attain knowledge of past lives (as siddhi).

My personal beliefs about reincarnation hinge upon my understanding of the relationship between intelligence and ego. Ego literally feeds off intelligence and uses it for the purpose of survival. Upon the death of the body, the soul is freed from its biological constraints and perceives the world with unparalleled clarity. The soul then chooses, selflessly, the best possible action and it may result in an incarnation in a body. Lives it lives through, apart from being a chance to act in accordance with love, are a lesson that the soul learns in each cycle. Ultimately, they result in the union with God.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I found something interesting. 

Abraham are neither Jew nor Christian. He set up the first criterion of God. He is the beloved.

3:64-68

But prophet Muhammad is the descendant of prophet Abraham. 

If Moses looks like a black person, Jesus red, Abraham resembles prophet Muhammad the most. (There is a hadeeth)

3. 'Ali Imrān  - "The Family of Imrān"

Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah ." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." 64

O People of the Scripture, why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Then will you not reason? 65

Here you are - those who have argued about that of which you have [some] knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not. 66

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists. 67

Indeed, the closest to Abraham among the people are those who followed him and this prophet (Muhammad), and those who believe [in his message]. And Allah is the protector of the believers. 68

He was given 30 صحف (Scrolls/Script)

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

John 10:34

A psalm of Asaph.

1 God presides in the great assembly;
    he renders judgment among the “gods”:

2 “How long will you[a] defend the unjust
    and show partiality to the wicked?
3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
    uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
    deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5 “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
    They walk about in darkness;
    all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”;
    you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
    you will fall like every other ruler.”

8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
    for all the nations are your inheritance.

Psalm 82

Supposedly, the Greek word used in Septuagint for God is the same as for the Judge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heresies_in_the_Catholic_Church

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9. At-Tawbah

(Repentance)

The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded? 30

They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him. 31

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. 32

It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it. 33

O you who have believed, indeed many of the scholars and the monks devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment. 34

The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], "This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard." 35

Quran (The cattle) 6:56

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I have been forbidden to worship those whom you invoke (worship) besides Allah." Say: "I will not follow your vain desires. If I did, I would go astray, and I would not be one of the rightly guided."

It is a miracle. But it doesn't make him God. Ilah.

1 hour ago, Angelite said:

It is a miracle. But it doesn't make him God. Ilah.

From what I've learned, Christians take Christ to be a person of God (Trinity) because of the opening of the Gospel of John:

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

John 1:1-9

According to this, Christ is the Word made flesh, the embodiment of LOGOS itself.
Roman Catholics believe that he is fully God and fully human and his purpose in this world was to allow humans to learn God's ways directly.

I wonder what the Qran says about the Gospel of John specifically. Do Muslims recognize it?

In the Gospel, Jesus is quoted to say that his miracles are a proof that the Father has sent him.
If his words were blasphemous (as Pharisees accused him), God wouldn't have allowed for them.

Edited by tsuki

6:71 (Quran)

Say, "Shall we invoke instead of Allah that which neither benefits us nor harms us and be turned back on our heels after Allah has guided us? [We would then be] like one whom the devils enticed [to wander] upon the earth confused, [while] he has companions inviting him to guidance, [calling], 'Come to us.' " Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance; and we have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds.

~Angelite~