Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron p

?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone else just extremely happyLol

Edited by Aaron p

Where's that video you did. The one in the sunglasses? Can't find it anywhere? 

The one where I talk about what the second coming of Jesus actually is? This one?@Bill W

I think it might well be that one. Thanks. I liked the calm, chilled demeanor. Interesting to me, as I've only recently fallen in love with the Bible. 

@Bill W Have you ever heard Leo talking about [or contemplated yourself about] why good and evil seemingly exist?

Heres a few juicy insights from Christian mysticism. I think in this video he talks about why this is the case. 

And as it turns out "good" and "evil" only exist while you exist. Which, to anyone not studying nonduality, sounds random and abstract. But as I'm sure your aware you can stop existing after a while of consciousness work. 

Check this out. In Genesis 2:9 (NLT) the Bible says "The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."  This being the tree that Adam and Eve supposedly ate from to get kicked out of heaven and removed from God's direct presence.

Have you ever heard of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? And the other, tree of life. Very cool parallel here. In Genesis, Adam and Eve eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a representation of when humans became conscious of their own existence and when they assumed that they were individual entities separate from reality.

The kryia yoga book also mentions more biblical parallels, another one is the word "amen" or "om" to hindus or "ong" to other spiritual groups. The vibration of existence. 

And of course many God's are displayed as triune entities, pointing to different expressions of consciousness: god the son (physical) god the father and god the holy ghost. You'd also like what's known as the "baptism of the holy ghost, and of fire" representing God's presence baptising  you (filling you completely). Powerful accuracy. I was actually shocked to discover how accurate the parallels from scripture actually are.

Edited by Aaron p

But Christians get stuck. The Bible is like the world's most nuanced treasure map. Like a signpost that points to something incredible. The problem is, Christians set up camp at the signpost and worship the fuckin signpost for fuck sake. I remember when God told me to leave my religion, I went to a Bible college that god told me about for 2 years and these guys were half religious half mystic, and that's one step I took to become free from that trap. To find the treasure you must leave the signpost that points to the treasure.

Being from northern Ireland, religion was in my blood. Here your either Catholic or protestant, and both are christian haha. So I'm a bit of a religious connoisseur ??

Edited by Aaron p

Thanks for all this Aaron. Have put down a follow to this thread so I can come back to it and digest the good food you offering up!

Wanna hear something crazy. When I was younger (and I'm not talking 7 yrs old, later than that if I am honest), I used to think Celtic and Rangers fans clashed because Celtic fans believed in God and Rangers fans didn't. I always thought protestant meant not religious lol !!!

When I found out both sets of fans were Christian, I thought "what the fuck you fighting about?", then of course I realised it's not that simple.

People blame religion for wars and conflict, but if religion didn't exist I am sure the human nature would find something else to kill over. Human beings start wars, not religion. 

@Bill W Lol yeah we're all religious here. Even if your an atheist your still either a Catholic or protestant hahahaha no joke ? it's more like culture lol

People who misinterpret god and his clues become religious, acting as though they have been transformed when no such transformation has legitimately taken place. The ironic thing is, we are the real Christian's or I could say, we are the real Christ's. And of course this is exactly how Jesus had it. He rebelled against the religion of the day (jewdism) because people were so concerned with looking good that they never really actually met God (this applies with jewdism and christianity).

John 5:39-40 Jesus said "You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. But the scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

It's like a man who knows he *has* to get a wife to have a family and he goes above and beyond to provide for her in every way, slaving as his treacherous job making sure to put incredible amounts of effort into not saying the wrong thing around her. He wrecks himself with being perfect to her, and in all of this he forgets that if he stopped forcing himself to trying to be perfect all the time with his good works and instead spent some time with the actual girl, he would fall in love with her and his physical works would flow effortlessly and *more perfectly* to her.

This is exactly the difference between religion and relationship with God. People are so busy trying to please god, that they miss god! If they only stopped pretending like they didn't still have "sinful desires" and actually spent some time with God himself, alone...they'd fall in love with him and their works would be good effortlessly. 

It's a beautiful picture.