Meetjoeblack

I just started Leo's life purpose course

31 posts in this topic

One of the most inspiring books that I have ever read is Way of the superior man by David Deida. It almost seems like a prerequisite. In a current chapter, Deida speaks about purpose, periods of clarity, and then, points in which what was once purposeful dissolves. That layer having been shed. Entering a period of uncertainty before the process repeats itself. 

I am enjoying the course and work by Leo. I have only started working on the intro and gradually beginning with the new stuff. I have bought a Cork board and I have a plan to build a vision board. 

One of the annoying aspects is the importance of money in life despite the fact that we can't take it or any possessions when we die and go to the next place. Whatever comes up with this process for me, it MUST PRODUCE. Its difficult given that for the last sixty years, generation after generation have been told to follow their dreams no Matter how ridiculous and unproductive. I've seen how destructive it can be. A example of the positives is Leo Gura actualized.org or the life purpose course. It is economically feasible and productive. 

Thanks @Leo Gura

I intend to share in the experience without breaching the paid content. More or less insights and ideas. The path is riddled with bogey traps, obstacles, and challenges. The most important thing I've ever seen in the past for me is the importance of minimalism. Keep expenses and spending way down meaning, replacing said income becomes far easier then if i was spending like I was in congress. 

On 1/12/2020 at 8:12 AM, Meetjoeblack said:

One of the annoying aspects is the importance of money in life

Hehehe....

That's the whole trick. Money is survival. Business is survival. If it wasn't for that, LP would be easy and everyone would be doing it.

The whole trick to following your dreams is that you also have to be extremely pragmatic about it. You can't just dream shit up, you have to make it fly in the real world given all the limitations and restrictions of the real world. In other words, if you want you dreams to be actualized, you need to find a path for their survival on the material plane, otherwise they will remain merely ideas floating around in your mind. The hard part of life is creating a material thing which can sustain itself and yet still not be so evil as the destroy everything in its path.

To actualized your dreams is not much different than creating a baby, expect it's harder because now God doesn't do it automatically for you. Now you have to engineer it yourself and you must make sure it can survive. Now you are consciously playing God. What kind of God will you be? What kind of monstrosity will you create?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 14/01/2020 at 3:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

Hehehe....

That's the whole trick. Money is survival. Business is survival. If it wasn't for that, LP would be easy and everyone would be doing it.

The whole trick to following your dreams is that you also have to be extremely pragmatic about it. You can't just dream shit up, you have to make it fly in the real world given all the limitations and restrictions of the real world. In other words, if you want you dreams to be actualized, you need to find a path for their survival on the material plane, otherwise they will remain merely ideas floating around in your mind. The hard part of life is creating a material thing which can sustain itself and yet still not be so evil as the destroy everything in its path.

To actualized your dreams is not much different than creating a baby, expect it's harder because now God doesn't do it automatically for you. Now you have to engineer it yourself and you must make sure it can survive. Now you are consciously playing God. What kind of God will you be? What kind of monstrosity will you create?

I liked the rant about "the warrior," the emphasis on loss, impermanence, futility, and even meaninglessness. The fact that nothing lasts, it sort of provokes nihilism. The fact that, you cannot take anything with you when going to the next place, why bother? Rhetorical question but, the point still stands. The emphasis on pursuing anything in the world is pointless given the fact that its all impermanent. And yet, I ask the question, what's the alternative? 

I am going through the course. There's several points where I was drawn up and in far deeper. I am going through it at a snails pace but I am consistent. I have found myself spinning my wheels at several times and stages in my life. Listening to the intro, it would seem that is the way of things. 

I have begun with child-like curiosity. The process is started and it feels like it can't be undone. I can spin my wheels more or i can give it my undivided attention. At this stage of my life, above all else, I have prioritized purpose. I am living at my edge and leaning just beyond. Unfortunately, I know a lot of sacrifice is to follow up but what I will become after is not the same. 

@Leo Gura

I am unsure of what to do or what I will create but, I am hoping that this abstract puzzle will come together more gradually as i finish the course. When did the process start to make sense? 

The idea of being a employee and make other people rich seems ridiculous. I have my own dreams. 

3 hours ago, Meetjoeblack said:

I am unsure of what to do or what I will create but, I am hoping that this abstract puzzle will come together more gradually as i finish the course. When did the process start to make sense? 

I don't know how it will be for you.

What is it that doesn't make sense?

The princples behind the course are simple. But figuring out how to make your dreams a reality is a tricky and convoluted process because you have to deal with real-world obstacles like money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know how it will be for you.

What is it that doesn't make sense?

The princples behind the course are simple. But figuring out how to make your dreams a reality is a tricky and convoluted process because you have to deal with real-world obstacles like money.

Sorry, let me better explain. I am being cryptic to not breach content lol. I am referring to the intro and the story, your story you shared. Your thoughts and experiences along the way. When did it become all the more clear? I have read Mastery, your book recommendation, and Robert Green. One of my favourite is David Deida. They all say that same message about purpose, life path and hero's journey. It still doesn't seem to be any easier. 

Money is huge. I wish i could be like my two monk friends. For starters, keep my ego in check lulz and swear away worldly possessions. Life dedicated to Being, God, whatever. And yet I have no idea how people fo it. Swear away women, sex, and all else. I find this unreal. 

Did you pursue the passion or were you focused on the path and money. I can't imagine how to dismiss the importance of money. Everyone i know who downplayed the importance of money has none. No shocking. 

I am learning about minimalist lifestyle. I read about the new Japanese minimalism book and some podcasts. I have gotten expenses down. Bare bones. I am also a bachelor. I could not do it if married with kids. It's a different ball game. 

Any further advice on the clarity is appreciated @Leo Gura

Today, I kept it simple. 

I was compelled to start the next video but I was really keen on the last one. The mention of the warrior Lifestyle and the impermanence of this fleeting life along with all we do or create has me thinking. 

I read the Bhagavad Gita before. I will read it again. It is profound. Promotes duty and unattachment. Living at my edge, giving my gifts, and leaving no stone unturned is the Path. Easier said than done. I still "sin." i miss the mark. My ego is out of control lately. I got another strike from Dij lol. I think she's still mad with me. Ughhh! 

I met a couple more girls. I am bombarded with distractions. I made new friends. I have a new path and it feels great. A reminder from Leo's last video was about the journey. Not the destination. I need to enjoy the process. I have always been in a hurry to get somewhere. Then, i just want to go home. 

Whats home symbolic for? Safety. Rest. Renewed. 

20 hours ago, Meetjoeblack said:

My ego is out of control lately. I got another strike from Dij lol. I think she's still mad with me. Ughhh! 

It most certainly is and you are but a shadow of the guy I once new when you called me Dij. Now you're all about red pill garbage ideology, treating women like crap, stereotyping, sexism and frankly many members here have complained about you already (woman and men). At least one asked how to block you. Another asked you to not respond to him any more. Perhaps this forum isn't for you?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1

4 hours ago, Anna1 said:

It most certainly is and you are but a shadow of the guy I once new when you called me Dij. Now you're all about red pill garbage ideology, treating women like crap, stereotyping, sexism and frankly many members here have complained about you already (woman and men). At least one asked how to block you. Another asked you to not respond to him any more. Perhaps this forum isn't for you?

Hey, he's trying his best for the level of development he's at. Remember, he is loving from his level of consciousness and his understanding of reality. 

Evil, sexist, racist people, selfish people etc, are simply people who have very little Self-Love (capital S and L) and we judge and demonize them harshly for it. 

I am by no means justifying any inappropriate talk of women or any other group of people for that matter. But attacking him won't help him to learn or expand his love for others or reality.

Try to think from his perspective. He thinks what he is saying and doing is right. He wouldn't be saying these things if he thought it was evil. Rather than demonizing these kinds of people on the forum, why don't we try to see from their point of view and help them instead?

It seems you may have some pain from the past maybe from a guy in your life that mistreated you. This may be why you react so strongly? May be an aspect of your shadow? Just some food for thought

Edited by Byun Sean

@Byun Sean

From Leo in the forum guidelines section:

"NOTE: This is NOT an anything-goes free speech zone! You do NOT get to say toxic & fallacious things here with impunity. This community is regularly moderated to maintain high quality and civility. Trolls, exploiters, racists, ideologues, and devils are regularly banned. Remember that without moderation this community would be a toxic mess."

I'm not the only mod pointing this out to him with warnings from the relationship sub forum and the other mod is male. Does he have a shadow issue from guys in his past too? Lol. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1Fair point but in this thread he's just trying to get advice for actualizing his life purpose. Just trying to better himself. Don't you think its still a little much to bully him off the forum in every single thread you see him?

In this case, this guy doesn't seem to me like he's deliberately hating or trolling people. He wants to better himself like all of us. 

People can change you know...especially people doing this kind of work. 

@Byun Sean

I only brought it up in this thread, because of this-

On 1/21/2020 at 0:11 AM, Meetjoeblack said:

I got another strike from Dij lol. I think she's still mad with me. Ughhh! 

I am Dij

He apparently wanted it discussed in this thread. Since he referenced me and the strike he got.

Anyways, you can PM me if you have further objections. I plan to drop it now.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Byun Sean We want the person to grow and develop on the forum. We have been encouraging his genuine desire for personal development and life purpose on those subforums. And we have been discouraging his red pill ideology on the dating subforum. Some of this has been behind the scenes. 

Sometimes these matters aren't simple. There is a balance between using a carrot and stick. And there is a balance between the welfare of each individual and the welfare of the community. It's not always easy to balance and handle. 

On 22/01/2020 at 2:20 AM, Byun Sean said:

@Anna1

Hey, he's trying his best for the level of development he's at. Remember, he is loving from his level of consciousness and his understanding of reality. 

Evil, sexist, racist people, selfish people etc, are simply people who have very little Self-Love (capital S and L) and we judge and demonize them harshly for it. 

I am by no means justifying any inappropriate talk of women or any other group of people for that matter. But attacking him won't help him to learn or expand his love for others or reality.

Try to think from his perspective. He thinks what he is saying and doing is right. He wouldn't be saying these things if he thought it was evil. Rather than demonizing these kinds of people on the forum, why don't we try to see from their point of view and help them instead?

It seems you may have some pain from the past maybe from a guy in your life that mistreated you. This may be why you react so strongly? May be an aspect of your shadow? Just some food for thought

If you check youtube, many channels have been pulled down. Many channels are deplatformed or demonetized. Tom Torrero disappeared and many others. 

Screams of misogyny or sexist is just plain lazy. Its not an argument. It's a common theme when incapable of handling rational debate. 

Google divorce by gender. A source was requested. It was then dismissed because of the date. Ironic when it is only getting worse. 

Censorship is a tool these days of the weak. Facts over feels. Watch the gender war amplify further in 2020. There's going to be more nonsense prior to a Trump victory. More pity partying and victim-culture to follow. 

Game is attacked. Its comical. Forced indignation. Even searching out me in threads. Not so secret admirer lulz!. 

On 22/01/2020 at 4:16 PM, Byun Sean said:

@Anna1Fair point but in this thread he's just trying to get advice for actualizing his life purpose. Just trying to better himself. Don't you think its still a little much to bully him off the forum in every single thread you see him?

In this case, this guy doesn't seem to me like he's deliberately hating or trolling people. He wants to better himself like all of us. 

People can change you know...especially people doing this kind of work. 

Its a common tool and theme today. 

There's a problem in our culture. Even if friends if you point out a issue with a tribe you are met with nonsensical jargon. You can look at stats. It paints a pretty particular picture. 

Its funny. The accusation is that i hate. People cannot handle the truth. More importantly, you have a dating forum and without receipts anybody can sputter nonsense without any proof. 

When you see attempts to silence you, cover-ups like the cameras going out in a jail and magically the person ends up dead... I wonder what happened? AJ reported the pedo ring and is deplatformed. 

You see it similar in woke culture and SJW. Push pc culture. Out doing black face or have a pedo collection. In public, they parade language police and being holier than thou. 

Every time, they get caught with their pants down lol. Everyone pushing pc it sets off my spider senses. 

GUARANTEED, THEY GOT SKELETONS IN THEIR CLOSET. the smokescreen is shifting the focus elsewhere. 

On 22/01/2020 at 8:49 PM, Serotoninluv said:

@Byun Sean We want the person to grow and develop on the forum. We have been encouraging his genuine desire for personal development and life purpose on those subforums. And we have been discouraging his red pill ideology on the dating subforum. Some of this has been behind the scenes. 

Sometimes these matters aren't simple. There is a balance between using a carrot and stick. And there is a balance between the welfare of each individual and the welfare of the community. It's not always easy to balance and handle. 

The msg i got was actually hilarious. No clue how to respond lol. 

I spoke my truth. Being offensive for the sake of being offensive is stupid. I don't lose sleep over snowflakes. 

My threads being spammed with nonsense. Entirely unrelated to any of the topics above. 

I hope that message archived. 

I don't intentionally pursue anybody in a ltr but I couldn't give a damn. Its not my business nor my problem. I am out for me. 

If in a ltr, shut me down.

In the past few years I have lost count of unavailable people who are available. Welcome to 2020. 

On 22/01/2020 at 9:46 PM, Nahm said:

@Meetjoeblack How do you figure you’d feel, if you were wrong about everything. Would you lean towards anger, or relief?

Which part? 

Be specific? 

Its disgusting but its not going anywhere. Its not changing. Its the way of things. 

I was wrong. I followed the beaten path the first two thirds of my life. I am now making up for lost time. From a analytical standpoint, Its not even comparable. 

All i care about is results. 

I picked up more today. Its second nature now but it was following pickup. Not the beaten path. Its not from playing safe and apologetic. 

There's no ambiguity with genuine desire. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/9572187/Couples-who-share-the-housework-are-more-likely-to-divorce-study-finds.html

Lol

I got through more content since ban camp lulz. 

I came across the word "drudgery." Leo is wordy. I haven't heard it before but that point hit home with me. 

I started a new book, "tibetan yogas in dream and sleep. There's a segment where it describes the obstacles between purpose and action conflicting. I got the impression that Leo was suggesting that same issue. 

I am working out more and doing more cardio. My diet is on point. My strength was off a bit today after work. I have put up PRs and today was a bit of a miss. 

I approached more girls today. Its funny how quick it is to go from stranger to not. I actually enjoy breaching that point between strangers and whatever is to come up after. How simple it all seems now. 

What doesn't seem simple is the process. It feels good to be started. I am recognising patterns, people, and unity. I am noticing more. My awareness is growing. I noticed things i didnt before. People watching me. I have seen some stuff lately. A girl pretended to buy a drink but she was just hovering and watching me. I saw a random guy again from the monastery. I notice that not all of it is good. I watched another instance where a person was searching for indignation.

I received a random text message from a number I didn't recognize. Its always stupidity. In years prior, I would let things go as it may but not now. Someone wants something. There's a motive. There's always a motive. Its nice being precognitive. Ad if to be flipping through a deck of cards and seeing it before the flop. Playing accordingly. 

Change is on the way. 

I got through more content today. 

Leo's message reminded me of a similar message about the importance of pulling weeds. Its got me doing a time audit for my life. I have realized that I have some work to do. 

I was also thinking about ways to repay the work forward. I will do Coaching and other stuff once I have set my purpose off in motion. I will do more programs to keep upgrading myself. I would like to do Ecky retreat one day but its extremely expensive for someone who pushes non-attachments lol. Such is life. I want to do a TM live event. I am looking forward to a breakthrough very soon. 

So, I got infraction from 2mods for the same thing. I meant everything. Its funny with censorship and attempts at suppression of speaking truth. It is on par with click bait, identity politics, victim culture, and fake news. The art of real talk is dead. The culture is cucked and degenerate. 

More importantly, I kept going on the purpose course. New insights hit me the other night. I started reading the Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep. There's a preface about trying hard and getting in your own way. Leo had w similar message from a variety of his content. The insights I got recently was to not be at war with my path. To enjoy the ride. Its the journey not the destination. I am putting a lots of work in my purpose and I'm spinning my wheels by being try-hard in achieving. I am learning to enjoy the process and have faith. 

I started reading levels of energy by F. E. Dodson. Its in sync with the path I am on. I am putting things together. Its much like a abstract puzzle. I also saw the new Leo Gura vblog. I didn't fully get it though. 

I also tripped on psilicybin. I laughed my ass off. Everything was just funny. I meditated during this trip. It felt like that plant medicine was hugging me during my meditation. I love psychedelics. Its not always smooth sailing but I always get what I need. Not necessarily what I want. A heroic dose is next up.