VeganAwake

How practices keep the self illusion alive!!

118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

That's the cosmic joke.. there is no one under the mask... there never was

Just compiled energy thinking it's a real person. The whole thing was a sham and a misidentification with the body.

complete boundless free energy...

It's truly unknowable and completely radical...❤

True, although it might take a little more mask pulling than just 1 :D

35 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

In that case enlightenment doesn't sound like a big deal.

If someone sliced your right arm into small bits, wouldn't you feel something then?

If yes, how is the ME a complete illusion then?

I guess it depends on what you consider a big deal... it's what is.

When it's recognized there is not an individual ME character inside the body it can be very liberating... the suffering that was felt prior turns into something almost laughable. 

There are quite a few other things that occur when this illusion is completely seen through such as disentangling from social conditioning and snapping out of The Matrix(as I like to call it).

Yes pain would still be experienced because the human body still has its sense perceptions. It's just not being experienced for an individual located inside the body anymore.

Feelings sights sounds tastes smells all still occur... they just don't occur for anyone... it's just what's happening ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

35 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

In that case enlightenment doesn't sound like a big deal.

If someone sliced your right arm into small bits, wouldn't you feel something then?

If yes, how is the ME a complete illusion then?

You have to pay all your attention to the one who is unchanged and eternal, who is always the same, and not to the suffering body-mind that undergoes changes and changes every nanosecond. That is You the Real One. You must first separate from Everything, and then realize that You are Everything.

Because it is not a big deal, for this reason it is difficult for anyone to obtain enlightenment.❤️

13 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

True, although it might take a little more mask pulling than just 1 :D

Yes there's endless masks....

When you identify with the masks you are caught in Maya...

When one becomes awake there is no longer an identification as the character.

And that doesn't necessarily mean one stops playing the role of the character either... some do some don't

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Ok some misconceptions. 

Body is not here to suffer. There is no suffering possible.

❤️Loves body to infinity. You can become directly concious of this fact. Actual Realization not philosophical. 

?Not so much so. It sees body as a tool for gaining what ?wants. 

When One is really awake Everything turns into Love literally. 

Enlightenment is actual not philosophical. 

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

That has been disproved.

Suffering is caused by resistance... what are you resisting?

Maybe try some self inquiry.

Where is this ME character located in the body? Is it in the hands is it in the arms is it in the shoulders it is in the feet is it in your legs is it in your torso or your chest is it in your head is it behind your eyes where is this me characters location?

What is this ME character made of?

10 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's made of whole this body. Not just one part of the body.

Give me a list of 15 characteristics that you believe describe you...please lol

Just 1 word characteristics like: nice

Michael89 has been banned from actively participating on the forum for trolling and ignoring previous warnings.

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay haha...? I understand

Well if you would have, I would have explained to you how every single one of those characteristics are not you.

They're just a compilation of thoughts, perceptions and beliefs you have about yourself or have allowed yourself to believe.

So essentially you are telling me that a bunch of words thoughts perceptions and beliefs are what make up Mikael.

Mikael is more of an idea than a real entity... doesn't that seem a little funny.

In fact the whole story of Mikael is just that... a story

@cetus56 Was not aware of that. You can lock it if you want. Doesn't really matter to me..?

@cetus56 Okay gotcha!!

@cetus56

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

Michael89 has been banned from actively participating on the forum for trolling and ignoring previous warnings.

Michael89 is having very rough times, he had panic attacks and almost went to hospital yesterday and even called 911. That was said in his topic in the Serious emotional problems sub forum, where he was asking help. I think it is important for him to be on this forum so someone can help him if panic attacks will repeat. He said he feels like dying. What if something bad will happen? I think it will be good idea to unblock him, because of his condition. And with regards to his trolling - he is having rough time so we can be understanding towards that, when you feel as awful you start going against rules. So please, be merciful, Cetus, unblock him, I am afraid if something bad will happen. He needs to be in touch with forum so people can help him in the case of urgent situation. Lets be understanding and compassionate.

While there's truth to what you're saying (or at least my intuition tells me there's something right about what you're pointing to), my intuition also senses some kind of arrogance or need to prove that you're right. 

I think this happens to all of us, it surely happens to me quite often: I have an insight (such as "being is everything there is and not something that you can actively achieve") and then I draw the conclusion -> "therefore, meditation is not something you need to do in a certain way as a practice". Then we get excited about this insight and attached to it, preaching and trying to impose this onto other people. 

What I'm trying to say is that I agree that practicing meditation as a routine is not necessary to enter a state of being and can actually make it more difficult if you try to get to that state instead of letting go, it certainly is useful to start having glimpses of this state. 

I think completely dismissing it is just an intellectualization and actually serves the ego. It's like a spiritual ego so to say, but not a real embodyment of that insight. I may be wrong and projecting, but the way you talk gives me that impression. 

@Radical Thanks for bringing that to my attention as I wasn't aware of his situation. O.K I'll unblock him for now but he will need to post only in the Serious emotional problems sub forum. I hope he's seeking professional help. Wishing him all the best.

35 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

While there's truth to what you're saying (or at least my intuition tells me there's something right about what you're pointing to), my intuition also senses some kind of arrogance or need to prove that you're right. 

I think this happens to all of us, it surely happens to me quite often: I have an insight (such as "being is everything there is and not something that you can actively achieve") and then I draw the conclusion -> "therefore, meditation is not something you need to do in a certain way as a practice". Then we get excited about this insight and attached to it, preaching and trying to impose this onto other people. 

What I'm trying to say is that I agree that practicing meditation as a routine is not necessary to enter a state of being and can actually make it more difficult if you try to get to that state instead of letting go, it certainly is useful to start having glimpses of this state. 

I think completely dismissing it is just an intellectualization and actually serves the ego. It's like a spiritual ego so to say, but not a real embodyment of that insight. I may be wrong and projecting, but the way you talk gives me that impression. 

I can definitely see how it could appear as arrogance. Yes it has definitely been argued that the message is correct because it is 100% believed to be correct.

I'm very sure of the message as it comes from direct experience.

I've been going through a gradual Awakening over the last 3 years.

I would consider myself completely free and or liberated at this point.

I'm not interested in changing the message or debating on whether it's correct or not.. it's simply here for people who have ears to hear.

I'm not even concerned with helping people because I don't believe there's anything that needs to be done. Whether Awakening occurs or doesn't it's all happening within THIS and it's all perfect. ❤