7thLetter

Trip Report: Trying LSD for the first time

10 posts in this topic

So I tried LSD for the first time, at a friend's house. This is the 2nd psychedelic I've ever tried, the first one I've tried was magic mushrooms, but I took it improperly and I had a bad trip.

I bought 3 tabs + some shrooms from a trusted dealer who went to my highschool. I bought a ehrlich test kit anyway just to be safe and to make sure. It turned purple so it was definitely LSD. I took a week off work so I could try this psychedelic and have this trip. It was Monday, no responsibilities at all, decided to trip with a good friend I've known for over 10 years at his place. He was my trip sitter while he was working on some things in a separate room. We agreed on him checking up on me every 15-30mins. Setting was perfect, it was a nice room with a large window and a large bed. Friend had a bluetooth speaker so I played some music on that.

For this first trip, I decided to take 1 tab just to see what the effects are like on me. I held the tab under my tongue, and I started to feel the effects within' 45mins. I smoke weed quite frequently, so I was comparing it to a body high similar to what you feel on marijuana. Within' that first hour, I felt very concerned with how I needed to show my appreciation to my friend for letting me trip at his place. When he checked up on me, I let him know how much I appreciated it, then I gave him a hug. I think my emotions were heightened at this point. 2 hours in, I believe was the peak of the high. No visuals, just an intense body high. Nothing made any sense. This high felt very relaxing and I felt like doing nothing at all. I brought my laptop with me, but I didn't feel like doing anything other than sit in the bed and listen to some music. Listened to some hip-hop jazz and some electronic dance music. Had some really good conversations with my friend during this experience. Later on, the effects started to wear off, and I still felt like I haven't even experienced the peak yet. I was quite disappointed but overall it was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Since the last trip was quite underwhelming, I decided to trip again in that same week on Thursday. I decided to take 2 tabs, because I was looking for some profound spiritual experiences that is often talked about in this community. Same thing, tripped at my friend's place, listened to some music, but on 2 tabs this time. Started to feel the effects 30-45mins in, starting off with the same body high that I previously experienced. At around 2 hours, was the peak of the experience. Emotions were heightened, nothing made sense, had some slight visuals where the window curtains were quite wavy along with some rainbow colors. During this 2nd hour, it got pretty bad. I started to have negative thoughts taking over my mind. I was comparing this trip to my last trip on Monday. I started to have thoughts like my friend was neglecting me, and that I was probably bothering him when he was doing work. We didn't have the same deep conversations like we did on Monday so that was probably why I felt neglected. This felt a bit upsetting to me, and it distracted me from doing the contemplation that I wanted to do during this trip. This entire trip was mainly about me and my friend, when it should have been about me thinking about my other personal relationships such as with family or co-workers. I told him I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I feel neglected. He made an effort to converse with me but my mind was in space and couldn't have a proper conversation. I felt very needy, my emotions were heightened and I felt like I needed him to check up on me more often than he was. I also had no sense of time, so it felt very long since he last checked on me. Effects started to wear off around the 3rd or 4th hour, and things started to make more sense. I told him that now the effects are worn off, I know I shouldn't have felt that way because it was definitely the drugs. Overall, this 2nd trip wasn't the best. It was emotionally overwhelming, had a lot of negative thoughts running through my mind. But in this trip, I learned that I need some time away from people in order to have the best conversations with them the next time I see them. I already knew that, but this experience made it a lot more clearer for me. I didn't experience "God" or "ego-death" but hopefully the time will come next time I ever try psychedelics. But for now I'm going to stay away from them for a couple months.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

1) How many ug's was each of your tabs? They can vary a lot. Purity can also vary. Some tabs can be weak. You should aim for about 125ug tabs.

2) LSD has at least 1 week of tolerance build-up, so tripping twice in one week will make your second trip much less. So doubling those tabs probably had the same effect of 1 tab.

3) You may have natural tolerance to it, requiring higher doses.

4) Clearly your mind is full of impurities, which is why you get into this bad trip territory. All of that psychological baggage needs to be worked through so you are free to tackle the serious existential questions like God, Truth, and Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I'll be honest I had no idea how many ug each tab was. Don't know how to figure that out. Didn't ask the dealer, and didn't get it sent to a lab or anything.

I doubled the tabs, took them 3 days later and it definitely didn't seem like the same effect as the 1 tab. 2 tabs felt a lot more intense and I was way more in my head.

Could the bad trips also be a cause of larger doses and not being prepared for it? 1 tab was enjoyable for me, but 2 tabs was a bit terrifying. And I definitely would say the 2nd trip on 2 tabs wasn't good because of what happened in my environment. I was completely fine, until I started to over-analyze my friend's behavior around me. I know shouldn't have felt this certain way because he was busy doing work, having phone calls with clients, plus computer work, but I felt like he was neglecting me even though he probably wasn't. So some negative thoughts took over my mind and the whole trip was entirely focused on that.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter You're not realizing the power of these subatances. Whatever your mind focuses on will become actualized, since that is the mechanism by which God creates the world.

If you do not use your mind properly, you will get nightmares come to life. If you don't want nightmares, think pure thoughts. If you cannot help but think impure thoughts that is because you have not done sufficient growth, development, and spiritual purification work.

Impure mind comes from bad karma.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@7thLetter the bad karma is probably part of the subconscious pattern the weed produced in you. weed enforces social anxieties and thinking patterns, might be even when you were not aware of it before. the lsd is then just on top of it - you also precued yourself with thinking it feels the same - maybe that’s what you were showed, how it feels for the part of yourself you didn’t have access to before. not saying this is the answer but think of the possibility.

in that sense it might have actually be a really really good lesson - also about how important attention might be to you to read acceptance into someone.

Edited by remember

@7thLetter bing-bata-boom *regular weed usage and lsd trips DO NOT GO WELL TOGETHER*. Grass increases your subconscious anxiety and paranoia, LSD reveals all of this to your conscious mind...for fucken 12 hours. Let me repeat that. WEED IS WORSE FOR YOU THAN YOU THINK. It decreases quality of life overall. And lsd is not good to take for a smoker.

One hack that you can use (if you insist on smoking grass) is candy flipping...I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. It's mixing LSD and MDMA/ecstasy. Then, instead of amplifying your anxiety, it amplifies the euphoric sensations from the MD. Take a regular dose (usually between 100-130mg) of *tested* MDMA one hour before the lsd trip. Your welcome. Do research on mdma, it's addictive so be careful. 

I much prefer dmt, it launches you into the spirit realm pretty fast. And holy shit of you use MDMA with DMT it feels like your cumming for 15 mins lol.

Get off the weed man, it's called the devil's lettuce for a reason ? also, become aware of how much you smoke, and for how long you've smoked and also how much per month you spend on it. You will see a notifiable change in your mood, outlook and overall "betterness" of life. Start gyming and dieting, you'll feel way better and your trips won't torture you

Man...weed and caffeine are just two things I never want to touch again

I’ll never forget my first LSD. It was almost 300ug! I remember listening to Leo talking about facets of reality, meditating few hours before the trip. Also, made sure I was eating clean. 
Try to de-clutter the mind by meditating before the trip and have the substance on an empty stomach.

Love and light ? 

Disagree with the weed usage negatively affecting trips. Ive recently cut way back on my usage but when I took LSD for the first time, I was getting high every day. Still had a beautiful trip. The difference perhaps was that I was meditating 1 hour every day (still am) and doing self actualization work.

How much do you meditate? 

Do you do yoga?

How’s diet and exercise?

Do you know how to effectively concentrate while sober?

Do you work towards your life purpose

Purification work is beyond merely using weed but I would recommend quitting the frequent weed use for sure. This is also why I don’t like the idea of tripping with someone, your empathy on psychedelics can become so much stronger that the trip can start revolving around other people rather than your experience and contemplation. Meditation training is also a must imo, or at least knowing how to process and let go of thoughts. Thoughts have insanely powerful effects on experience while tripping. You’ve got to be ready for good, bad, insane, all the thoughts without being attached to them. If you cant do that sober good luck doing it while tripping. 

Take some time to revitalize your spiritual work and personal development before your next trip and consider tripping alone. It’ll be worth it. 

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) How many ug's was each of your tabs? They can vary a lot. Purity can also vary. Some tabs can be weak. You should aim for about 125ug tabs.

2) LSD has at least 1 week of tolerance build-up, so tripping twice in one week will make your second trip much less. So doubling those tabs probably had the same effect of 1 tab.

3) You may have natural tolerance to it, requiring higher doses.

4) Clearly your mind is full of impurities, which is why you get into this bad trip territory. All of that psychological baggage needs to be worked through so you are free to tackle the serious existential questions like God, Truth, and Love.

The best writing about LSD you've ever made :x . Can you make a video elaborating more on "impure thoughts come from bad karma"?