Elham

I live in Iran and this is how everything look like from here

52 posts in this topic

@Elham I have to investigate why your country is a real mess. And yes I hope you get out of there. 

@Jonac I am in the heart of the mess xD

I will explain it for you if you want!

22 minutes ago, Elham said:

@Jonac I am in the heart of the mess xD

I will explain it for you if you want!

@Elham Yes, I do. 

@Jonac well Iran is a mess because they have mixed religion with every aspect of everything such as politic, private lives, media, education and etc. 

When I say politic you should know all laws and government in Iran is followed by the law of Islam. We are forced to cover our hair and wear long dresses against our will. If sb do a mistake he should be punished how Islam says. Imagine every aspects of law such as marriage, inheritance, woman's rights and so on is decided by the law which have been written 1000 years ago. 

Then of course it is our private lives. We should not be seen with a strange man in public by police. Because then they ask how u two are related to each other and why a man and a woman who are not related (such as brother and sister or husbands and wife) should go out!? They are controlling ever aspect of our lives. They fire people, imprison them, lash them because of their personal relationship, drinking alcohol and their personal beliefs. 

In school we are taught about Islam, Quran, Arabic language. Other books such as literature and history is again about Islam and Iran only. 

Of course people here drink alcohol, have sex, go out with strange men and women and all sort of things they consider taboo, but we are breaking the law ALL THE TIME. If they caught us they punish us. 

This paradox that exist in law and people's everyday lives is creating pressure on people. Because we are hiding everything and we are not free. 

And of course add the pressure of fucked Iranian economics and unemployment rates and corruption in politicians and government.

This is what have happened up to few years ago. Now, plus all I said, things such as murdering people in street, firing rocket to passenger airplane, blocking internet access all over tge country and imprisoning people are happening almost every week. 

And this my friend, is why Iran is such a mess these days xD

This was the most complete, up to the point and the most comprehensive answer I have given in my life xD

Edited by Elham

@Elham thanks, really apreciate your answer. I always thought that women cover their body and faces so men can't feel desire towards them. It's like 'these women are creating this desire in my, so lets cover her bodies and faces' In way of externalizing the problem. And the religion and violence just get things worse...

Let us know if you leave Iran. What places are think of, what country. You must feel alienated living there, disable to do the things you like like drawing ?

Lately in my country happend something similar but just lasted 2 months. Can't imagine living like that.

I'm sultan from Saudi Arabia my heart is with u all. We're still under a dictatorship here but it's not as nearly as bad as in Iran I guess. Stay well and take care 

16 hours ago, Jonac said:

@Elham thanks, really apreciate your answer. I always thought that women cover their body and faces so men can't feel desire towards them. It's like 'these women are creating this desire in my, so lets cover her bodies and faces' In way of externalizing the problem.

That's exactly their logic.

There is actually a funny example they always use. They say women are chocolate and if you have no cover to protect yourself you attract insects xD

I am glad to hear that you are planning on leaving. Eff that Hijab bullsh@t!

Edited by Arcangelo

@Elham I hope you, and other people on this forum who live in similar situations, can get out of Iran and start a better life abroad. There are so many people like you who have made that happen. I don't think by leaving you are giving up on your country either - just by being present in another country you are like an ambassador for Iran, and you help link the rest of the world to Iran and raise awareness about what's going on there, and give people more reason to care and support politicians who make positive differences in the region, rather than stirring and aggravating the problems. The world needs more people like you who move across borders, linking our global family closer together.

It's so tragic what happened with that plane, such a big loss of people who would have made such a difference in this world.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Nabd it's not about US or Isreal as long as we have our dear governments to ruin the country.

@outlandish you are right. I have no aim to give up. Just right now I think there is nothing to do. People are bipolar here. It's nothing I can do for them that won't end up to getting myself killed.