Elham

I live in Iran and this is how everything look like from here

52 posts in this topic

Iran is the country of paradoxes. People are in two groups. One is blue in SD which are religious and with the government and the other is orange and light green which are against the government. There is also a third group which is yellow. Those are either in political prison, or left/leaving the country. 

Do you know what we (group two and three) think about these recent issues??

We think it's not a war. It's a game. Recently Iranian government were loosing the face due to all the people it killed in protest. Many people furiously were growing to hate the government more than before. We saw how the government slaughtered many of people due to a simple protect.

In the middle of all forbidden funeral for those people (which results in arresting and killing more innocent people by the government), we suddenly heard one of the cheif military heads was assassinated by Americans. Then Trump declared that It was them who killed him.

Our government made a big deal out of this. They made him the hero and all we heard in news was that how great this guy was and he is a national hero! It was announced that people MUST mourn for three days.

Out of sudden people forgot all about those killed people and they all united to mourn for their national hero! 

We believe Iran and America shook hand on it to make this happen. Iran needed a national hero and America wanted that Iranian military head dead. Both sides win. And what happened after that? Of course ... a dramatic firing a rocket to American military base  which of course they knew in advance so no one got hurt. And it's over... There is no war and it's all a game. How is it possible Iran fire a rocket to American military area?! They will loose everything. They won't do that. And how is it possible Trump react to such thing so relax! 

I hate politic and I never talk about it. The only thing made me come to this sub forum and write all of this is that Iran fired a rocket to a passanger airplane few minutes after it took off. Many people in this plane were between the age 25 to 35. They were mostly students at universities, kids flying with their parents and young couples. It was such a tragic event. It was rumors that Iran fired a rocket but it was three days that our government denied it and considered it as one of American's lies as usual! This morning it was proved that Iran actually fired a rocket to explode an airplane by mistake. 

We have many tragedies like this here and we always see innocent people get arrested, tortured and killed but this one really broke me.

Screenshot_20200111-102620-01.jpeg

Edited by Elham

Interesting take. Why do you think Trump would participate in this?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Parththakkar12 Iran sacrificed one of his powerful military man. He was (as here say) the second important man in the country. He was living in Iraq and attacked American many many times.

Do you have a link of the article or video which contains the evidence Iran shot down the airplane?

You are not wearing a hijab (or is it burka?). You are not a Muslim anymore? Which spiral stage are you?

These american bureaucrat are most stupidest  people on earth. Iran govt was on a self destruct mode with large no of people coming infront to protest against there govt and now what have they did with killing soleimani is made them all unite with govt. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

3 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Interesting take. Why do you think Trump would participate in this?

To take americans eyes of impeachment,elections coming 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan the more fucked up the Middle East, the more it is easier for America to take advantage.

They had better chance of destabilsing iran if they hadnt killed your general. If america could have played the waiting game iranian people would itself have thrown out there govt and america could have installed someone like sha there But unfortunately now it will take more time.

I really want iran to prosper be a dominant force in middle east like old times. Persia and India had great ties especially in arts . Iran❤

Is it allowed to open topic on politics of isis on this forum? i think its quite interesting to understand what is isis in political and 'consciousness' sense.

(someone should try to open it))) i already have warning, so if there is anyone brave then go ahead.

11 minutes ago, Radical said:

Is it allowed to open topic on politics of isis on this forum? i think its quite interesting to understand what is isis in political and 'consciousness' sense.

(someone should try to open it))) i already have warning, so if there is anyone brave then go ahead.

Where are you from? 

@Elham It will be difficult for your country to move out of hostility any soon precisely because, it's been a party of regional cold war since the islamic revolution of 1979. Take a look at this -

So Iran has to continue the war for the sake of her own survival until all the parties in the middle east decides to lay down their weapon and call for peace. Personally, i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I was surprised to see that under the authoritarian govt of Reza Shah, Iran was secular and a keen follower of western values. I think women back at that time used to wear skirts like western women. It is impossible to see such thing in present day Iran. I think women have more rights before than now. The big problem with Reza Shah govt was that it was just a puppet of US and the west. US wanted the oil of Iran and that is why they literally put reza shah in power and supported that govt (isn't it irony because at the same time US likes to think of her as the torch bearer of democracy, lol).

So long story short, 1979 happened to Iran and now we see that once an ally has now a threat to the US and the west.

I do not think a solution is easy here. To secure peace, all the parties have to change their position from hostility to peace loving. With the rising popularity of far right parties throughout the world, i can see only things getting worst in the near future. 

Edited by Annoynymous

@Elham  

I am horrified thinking about the horror the pilot and the passengers experienced while the airplane was crashing to the ground. It was a completely horrifying and undignified death.

But don't let this horror you did not create break you. You need to be stronger and more resilient than the devils and psychopaths responsible for this tragedy. If somebody needs to break, it's them, not you.  

Thanks for sharing. It's really sad, all those innocent people in the plane...

I don't think there will be a war, not like in Irak. But I wouldn't say this is over, If Trump gets reelected and this kind of actions and confrontations work for his interest, as other industries close to him like the military, there may be more. They don't care about the human lives, they care about americans more if they can choose, but the death of american soliers or a bunch of citizens won't stop them either. I don't think the Iranian government made an agreement with Trump to sacrifice Solemaini, but you can bet they'll make the best from this, flagging martyrs must be as old as the first human wars. People will tend to defend the Iranian government now, the truth is they were attacked, one of their most important leaders assassinated and it was done cowardly and against all international laws, and nationals by the way, there's no way around of it.

Iran looks deeply blue, as you say, actions like this make your development much harder. We need more conscious and less selfish people in the White House. Not saying Iranian leaders are saints, I'm saying exactly the opposite, but we need not to make it more difficult for the people living it there to work for a better situation. It will take generations though, but sooner or later will happen. Will be sooner if an international bully doesn't empower their retrogade government and really works with the interest of the real people in there in mind, not their own agendas.

I am sorry for the loss of innocent lives.

5 hours ago, Elham said:

We believe Iran and America shook hand on it to make this happen. Iran needed a national hero and America wanted that Iranian military head dead. Both sides win.

I have never considered this possibility. Everyone in the west see U.S and Iran as absolute enemies.

5 hours ago, Elham said:

And what happened after that? Of course ... a dramatic firing a rocket to American military base  which of course they knew in advance so no one got hurt. And it's over... There is no war and it's all a game. How is it possible Iran fire a rocket to American military area?! They will loose everything. They won't do that. And how is it possible Trump react to such thing so relax!

This was seen as a gesture of de-escalation by Iran, from a western point of view. They could have easily killed hundreds of Americans in response but restrained to only a symbolic show of force.

Generally there is growing fatigue of war and people wish the military would just pull out from the middle east and leave it be. There are the establishment war hawks who wish for perpetual war because they personally benefit from it (Bolton, McCain (deceased), Kushner etc). And then there are Trumptards who just support whatever Trump does because they are idiots.

2 hours ago, Radical said:

I would be interested in hearing it, although I don't want you to get banned if it's not allowed. In the west there are 2 perspectives of isis. First, that it is the embodiment of the worst possible evil on earth, the "bad guys" who kidnap and rape our women and girls or just the "enemies". The second is that it's paid for and armed by U.S and Israel, and they do their dirty work through it. They fight and destabilize Israel's political enemies (Syria, Iran) in the region and allow U.S to steal their oil.

@Annoynymous @jimwell

we can talk for days about Iran political situations and it can be investigated from hundreds of perspectives. I am ok with all of them. We are grown in this situation and we see many problems everyday that European and American cannot even stand one of them.

Many people loose their senses and become angry and violent under these pressures. Many people go with flow and become government friends and very very few people like me tolerate all of these by consciously working on themselves. 

I see how people get killed, tortured, bullied, and wronged everyday. I see how people are under unbelievable pressures everyday. I can handle them. I am emotionally mature and I have worked on myself for years now. It's not over and Iran's problem is not going to solve for years. Still a long way to go and I am ok with this.

But nothing like this airplane crush ever broke me so hard. It's mostly because of the kind of people who were in the plane. They were people like me. 

We, as teenagers, had never fun as u do. You have many opportunities to relax and meet your needs. We have always suppressed our basic needs because they were either taboo or illegal. Then as young people all we did was studying and hoping for a better future. Me and my sister and many of our friends hoping we could leave the country by study visa. We are going through a hard process to apply and accepted in a foreign university.

Some people in the plane were those who have gone through alot. They were just accepted at Canada universities and they were leaving this shit country for a better future. They were academic. At the edge of fulfilling their dreams, they were killed by a mistakenly fired rocket. And the people responsible for such a tragedy are acting like it didn't happen.

I see those young people as me, my sister and many adults like us. I know time heal this pain but right now I just can't find a way to stop crying .

Edited by Elham

@Elham So sorry to know about the situations in Iran.

You,  as a conscious citizen of Iran can do two things. One, you could work on to become an activist in Iran but i believe it will cost you, even your life.

Another option is to leave the country. I have read somewhere that the US mostly do not accept Iranian application for Study purpose. In that case, Canada or other liberal country in Europe can accept Iranians. You can try for that and start a new life there.

It is not easy to live in a place where you feel alienated. I can understand that as i am also a victim of this in my country.

Edited by Annoynymous