Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaucherJunge

Tantra and Spiritual Sexuality in General

6 posts in this topic

What are your best resources on these topics you know of?

I feel like the thing that is holding me back the most and offers the greatest potential for growth is my sexuality and at the same time noticed that considering how important sexuality and sexual energy actually is, spirituality tends to really not dive all that much into this topic in general. You mostly just hear about celibacy and that's it.
But I feel like it's more than worth to really explore this topic to all of it's depth like I personally did with pretty much any other topic that has to do with spirituality and self-growth.
What I am mainly looking for are tantra teachers who really go in depth with this topics preferably on YouTube can't seem to find anything that easily.
I'm not that much into books but I guess if there is one that you thing is an absolute must it would be great either. Already read Cupids Poisoned Arrow's about Karezza and it was very much worthwhile.

@LaucherJunge A good book about Tantra is Desire - The Tantric Path to Awakening.

More than just sexuality, Tantra has a lot to say about embracing the body, the physical realm, pleasure, etc for spiritual evolution. Im a big fan of Tantra. Rather than rejecting experience, it acknowledges that beauty cannot be embraced if experience is rejected.

Its said that Tantra is a faster path to enlightenment than asceticism (I agree) but can be more dangerous due to potential attachments.

Edited by Matt8800

This is something I would love to learn about and practice with a partner. The thing is, most people are lazy. Americans keep getting fatter and marriage is common place. The process will be tricky because its evolutionary, its hind brain, and hormones. The idea of embedding spiritual practice seems foreign at best. I am open minded. 

7 hours ago, Meetjoeblack said:

This is something I would love to learn about and practice with a partner. The thing is, most people are lazy. Americans keep getting fatter and marriage is common place. The process will be tricky because its evolutionary, its hind brain, and hormones. The idea of embedding spiritual practice seems foreign at best. I am open minded. 

that's why God invented masturbation. You don't need a partner, the partner is within you.