Rasheed

What to do AFTER Meditation?

21 posts in this topic

• Does it matter, what person does after meditation session?

Those of you who are experience meditators, what do you do after you are done meditating? 

This question on the surface sounds ridiculous but reason, why I am asking this is because of subconscious mind. 

For example, first and last 30 minutes of person's day, basically determines his entire life, in a nutshell because that's when subconscious mind is open to suggestion. In Bible, they talk about this..I was thinking, same thing applies to meditation? What's your opinion on that?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

I dance to some of my fav music after med in morning. 

It puts me into a state of gratitude for life/form and brings playfulness into meditation. Got this from osho.

Really you can do anything. If u want u can put yourself in a state of gratitude/enjoyment of the moment for the form since med usually focuses on formless. 

Sit with a still/silent mind and be pure awareness.

@Rasheed exercise. After my morning meditation I go straight into an hour workout whether it be a long run, bike or weight lifting.

References to the subconscious mind is the mind’s sneaky way of referencing to what one is unconscious (sub, below conscious) of, but is actually self referential thinking as what’s referenced is “outside of consciousness” (no thing is within, and no thing is outside of self).

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

References to the subconscious mind is the mind’s sneaky way of referencing to what one is unconscious (sub, below conscious) of, but is actually self referential thinking as what’s referenced is “outside of consciousness”.

In Bible, it's written that women should serve men. That's not girls and boys. That is about, subconscious mind serving conscious mind...

Program subconscious mind with right wealth attitude, person will be a money magnet, basically...Most people are trash-magnets because of social conditioning.

*I do not identify myself as a religious guy or scientific minded, rationalist, all of that stuff BS...I am open minded, I take what makes sense, leave the dogma.

@Meditationdude Why exercise? Meditation helps exercise? 

• Is it okay to go in public, after meditation?

This question sounds stupid, but I am asking this for the same reason as I posted before, reason of unconscious mind...

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

What about never going out of meditation ?

Maybe meditation isn't an activity at all ? Maybe it's your default «state» ?

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

What about never going out of meditation ?

Maybe meditation isn't an activity at all ? Maybe it's your default «state» ?

?

That makes sense but, here is what happens in my direct experience:

After meditation, I feel whole lot different compared to when I do other things. 

After my meditation session I go take a shower and begin my day. Eventually the distinction between meditation and not meditating will be gone as @Shin alluded to.  

38 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

After meditation, I feel whole lot different compared to when I do other things. 

38 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

You should take a walk or listening to music, and pay attention how you become «unconscious» again.

Unconscious is in reality you becoming so focused on something that you forget yourself, in this case, to a stream of thoughts.

You just need to stop paying attention to it when it isn't relevant, which is 99% of the time right now.

A thought is just a sound with subjective meanings you add on it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

36 minutes ago, Shin said:

You should take a walk or listening to music, and pay attention how you become «unconscious» again.

Unconscious is in reality you becoming so focused on something that you forget yourself, in this case, to a stream of thoughts.

You just need to stop paying attention to it when it isn't relevant, which is 99% of the time right now.

A thought is just a sound with subjective meanings you add on it.

Stop paying attention to my thoughts? After meditation my thoughts are slowed down, in ordinary situations my thoughts are speed up. I can use treadmill as an example. After I meditate, treadmill of life is on 4 mph. When I don’t, it is on 14mph...can you understand? Maybe I am explaining things vaguely...

4 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Stop paying attention to my thoughts? After meditation my thoughts are slowed down, in ordinary situations my thoughts are speed up. I can use treadmill as an example. After I meditate, treadmill of life is on 4 mph. When I don’t, it is on 14mph...can you understand? Maybe I am explaining things vaguely...

No I understand (I think ?), but what matters is not really how much thoughts you have, but how much distance (so to speak) there is between the real you and thoughts.

God is love

And God in them

29 minutes ago, Shin said:

No I understand (I think ?), but what matters is not really how much thoughts you have, but how much distance (so to speak) there is between the real you and thoughts.

After meditation my thoughts and mind becomes still, very very still. In ordinary circumstances, that is not the case. My mind is coming with all sort of thoughts, none stop. That’s what I meant by using a treadmill example. 

How to have a still mind throughout the day?

4 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

After meditation my thoughts and mind becomes still, very very still. In ordinary circumstances, that is not the case. My mind is coming with all sort of thoughts, none stop. That’s what I meant by using a treadmill example. 

How to have a still mind throughout the day?

You keep practising what you call meditation 24/24, 7/7.

You only want a thoughtless mind because there is not much distance right now though.

A good analogy that Sadhguru use sometimes, is that traffic only bothers you when you are in, but when you are in a plane, it's cute and funny, and you can decide not to pay attention to it :D 

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

You keep practising what you call meditation 24/24, 7/7.

You only want a thoughtless mind because there is not much distance right now though.

A good analogy that Sadhguru use sometimes, is that traffic only bothers you when you are in, but when you are in a plane, it's cute and funny, and you can decide not to pay attention to it :D 

I mainly practice do nothing technique, how can I practice do nothing technique while doing something...:D:D

What do you mean by practicing meditation 24/7? Be mindful?

Just now, Rasheed said:

I mainly practice do nothing technique, how can I practice do nothing technique while doing something...:D:D

What do you mean by practicing meditation 24/7? Be mindful?

• Not being lost in thoughts
  • Being present
  • Looking at your thoughts
  • Being above or outside or thoughts
  • Seeing thoughts as a perception

Those are all just pointers to the same experience, which is usually said as being conscious.
Being conscious doesn't mean anything until you realize what that is (it's you and it's totally natural).

When you understand this you just do it until you realize you cannot not be conscious, that you never been in fact.

That's all there is to do, because if you "do that" (won't be a doing at that point), silence will always be there, and the silence is you.

Can't escape it anymore, slowly but surely it's the end of you xD 

God is love

And God in them

@Rasheed I find it is extremely beneficial and conducive to just sit silently with eyes open allowing awareness to pass over the entirety of direct experience. I do this for several minutes after mediation and find it helps integrate the prior session.

Jumping straight into hyper activity afterward can deflect the state being from which you assumed through mediation.

Good post!

Since my mind is already clearer, and often inself-enquiry mode...

I like to write and contemplate important questions(like Leo's video), or practice gratitude awareness especially during the morning

Otherwise i find for me it can be useful to do some yoga/light body exercice as well to really feel into the body before becoming unaware, which I tend to do during my night meditation.

It is commonly thought that meditation is a wholesome action & that after conducting any wholesome action, you accumulate merits (basically cosmic currency), so if and when your meditation sessions finishes & you're feeling increased awareness & tranquility, the most beneficial action for you and universe would be to practice "Loving Kindness Meditation" also refereed to "Metta" by the buddhist traditions. Basically, You close your eyes, drown in the pleasure you are feeling & generate wholesome thoughts. For example... it is good practice to generate thoughts such as "May I be happy", "May I attain liberation", "May all beings be happy", "May my mom get established in Truth", "May my dog get liberated from all his suffering" .etc. 

In theory, it is thought that whatever wholesome action you do with a wholesome state of mind... The universe provides you back with 1000 times the wholesomeness. So directing your thoughts towards affirmations & gratitude, you will receive the same energy back from the universe. 

13 hours ago, Vipassana said:

It is commonly thought that meditation is a wholesome action & that after conducting any wholesome action, you accumulate merits (basically cosmic currency), so if and when your meditation sessions finishes & you're feeling increased awareness & tranquility, the most beneficial action for you and universe would be to practice "Loving Kindness Meditation" also refereed to "Metta" by the buddhist traditions. Basically, You close your eyes, drown in the pleasure you are feeling & generate wholesome thoughts. For example... it is good practice to generate thoughts such as "May I be happy", "May I attain liberation", "May all beings be happy", "May my mom get established in Truth", "May my dog get liberated from all his suffering" .etc. 

In theory, it is thought that whatever wholesome action you do with a wholesome state of mind... The universe provides you back with 1000 times the wholesomeness. So directing your thoughts towards affirmations & gratitude, you will receive the same energy back from the universe. 

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks. My awareness and tranquility is increased 10x, after meditation...