Omni

Higher Conscious TV Shows

23 posts in this topic

I go through a lot of different TV shows, and most of them i usually stop watching relatively quickly after the first 2-3 episodes, sometimes sooner. However the one's that stick are generally more thought provoking and are ones that allow you to immerse yourself within it and self reflect. Leo recently recommened Love Death + Robots, which was a very refreshing change of media. 

I'd suggest if you're looking for some quality stuff, these clips might be a passage to it, if anyone has suggestions of their own, would be greatly welcomed

Thanks for this thread. I will follow closely. I'm ultra fussy with TV shows. 

@Nahm Thanks for the recommendation! Just finished the first episode and it's amazing. 

@fridjonk Sweet! The last couple episodes bring it in pretty close to home man. I think you’ll love it. Then grab the tissues and check out Won’t You Be My Neighbor. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm So far this series is a spiral dynamics gold mine. ;)  And I've been meaning to check that movie out, now i'll definitely have to.  

Mr. Robot is phenomenal! It's my favorite TV Show, but it is a little difficult to understand seasons after seasons.

The Messiah is also my current favourite, but there are many others.

The Good Place is an obvious one and there are a number of sci-fi and occult series that have a profound message behind the often silly veneer. 

I am a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, despite the outdated visuals. There are also certain episodes in the Star Trek and Stargate universe that explore profound philosophical and existential questions. 

@Dumuzzi Star trek tng has amazing lessons in it. I've learned so much from that show. It explores everything from spiral dynamics beige all the way up to turquoise, really makes you think of perspectives. 

Black mirror! Or some of the older episodes, such as "White Christmas"

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Dark on Netflix - Strange loops, time, black holes, determinism vs free will.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

5 hours ago, fridjonk said:

@Dumuzzi Star trek tng has amazing lessons in it. I've learned so much from that show. It explores everything from spiral dynamics beige all the way up to turquoise, really makes you think of perspectives. 

Yes, indeed, as does DS9, which is my favourite, especially as it deals with religious and spiritual themes. Its depiction of the "prophets" as being outside space and time, interacting with us from a higher-dimensional perspective is very clever and in my own personal experience, highly accurate. 

The same can be said about Stargate Sg-1 and its depiction of ascension and the power of ascended beings. I'm pretty sure they took the idea from Theosophy and their "ascended masters", nevertheless, the whole story arc is very clever. 

There was an amazing show on Netflix called Maniac that definitely had a psychedelic feel to it.

Edited by Dean Walker

Depends what you're after, 'lower consciousness' (hate that term) shows can be funny and entertaining too, such as the UK version of the Office, Popular sitcoms e.g. Friends, Comedy-Dramas like Sex Education (very stage green in exploring LGBT and Sexual Assault issues), you are allowed to enjoy forms of entertainment just for the joy of it sometimes also. 

Atypical is a great show for exploring how someone with Autism functions and matures into an Adult, which has a lot of depth to it.

Of course, as we live in a predominantly blue/orange/green world, this is where a lot of shows can be at, but they can still be very entertaining and thought-provoking, of course, be careful of the propaganda, but as conscious individuals, this is less of an issue. In terms of great shows on that level- 'You' explores how a sociopath/ psychopath becomes obsessive about love, and how a lot of his issues stem from childhood, gripping watch, Umbrella Academy provides good entertainment but you may not be into that unless you like Sci-Fi, 13 Reasons Why S1 is great beyond that a bit shit, 

Not a TV show but the movie bombshell is about Sexual assault at Fox News, and also shows the corruption of News-Entertainment like Fox News and how they draw in viewers and refuse any sort of human development beyond blue/ orange, that's a really thought-provoking watch, and shows just how white-male dominant corporate environments are, the only people who say minorities aren't oppressed still tend to be white males, it's hilarious they don't see their self-bias. 

There are loads of great shows and movies out there, and as humans develop this form of art is only going to develop, currently there's a lot of similar shows, so it's nice when something different breaks out, even if it still comes from a 'mainstream' paradigm. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

The OA was good, Sense8 as well :)

Sadly they cancelled OA..

B R E A T H E

@tom rAy Surprisingly good show that kind of mimics excess capitalism and consumerism, and goes over the issues of childhood trauma, addiction etc. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi