Michael569

SUPPORT AUSTRALIA

20 posts in this topic

This is a shout out to all who care about preserving the environment and reduce the drastic ecological damage the wildfires are causing. There are many organisations you can donate to to support the cause, every little bit helps! I know donations will not fix the devilry that we humans are causing but perhaps we can save few koala bears or someone's home:)

https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/australian-bushfire-appeal

https://quickweb.westpac.com.au/OnlinePaymentServlet?cd_community=NSWRFS&cd_currency=AUD&cd_supplier_business=DONATIONS&action=EnterDetails

http://akr.org.au/

https://www.wwf.org.au/get-involved/bushfire-emergency

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

What for? Studies have shown that 80% of the Australian population does not believe it's carbon emissions are linked to climate change. A good 40% believe climate change isn't real.

Australians will keep voting in prime ministers who deny climate change, use sneaky tactics to get out of carbon emission deals with the UN, put environmental protesters in jail for protesting against malicious corporates that are causing climate change, even when these bush fires are happening.

Go look at the comments from news.com.au most Australians have a pathological hatred for the greens, labour and the left. The silent majority of Australia hates climate change and believe it's some sort of evil plan by the left to take over the world.

If you donate to the Bush fires, youre donating to people who choose to deny climate change, vote in anti climate change priministers, a surge of people who are strongly against progessive values. 

Let Australians burn, we are going to need more then 2000 houses and 20 people killed before they wake up. Watch after these bush fires, everything will be forgotten and the liberal PM will be voted back in. Just like how everyone forgot the black Friday fires. 

OK but what does any of that have to do with preserving the nature and the environment. The collective consciousness can only be changed on the individual level by every single person working on their own shit. 

Studies on large populations are as biased as any other. Where are the people recruited from? How many drop out? What was the incentive for participation? How many never got interviewed? Did they recruit people from entire australia? Did they only send questionnaires or talked to all the individual participants  What are the statistical methods they used. I am pretty sure that 80% is a massively exaggerated number. 

There are organisations that genuinely care and that are concerned. You can choose to support these. Enough damage has already been done. I choose to support those who are willing to fight the devilry even if it is on local level. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Money donated to the bushfire relief goes towards helping to rebuild infrastructure. It does not go towards plants and animals. Helping the wildlife would be donating to political parties that support the environment, or environmental groups that actively lobby governments. None of the links you posted redirect towards groups that do that.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

What for? Studies have shown that 80% of the Australian population does not believe it's carbon emissions are linked to climate change. A good 40% believe climate change isn't real.

Australians will keep voting in prime ministers who deny climate change, use sneaky tactics to get out of carbon emission deals with the UN, put environmental protesters in jail for protesting against malicious corporates that are causing climate change, even when these bush fires are happening.

Go look at the comments from news.com.au most Australians have a pathological hatred for the greens, labour and the left. The silent majority of Australia hates climate change and believe it's some sort of evil plan by the left to take over the world.

If you donate to the Bush fires, youre donating to people who choose to deny climate change, vote in anti climate change priministers, a surge of people who are strongly against progessive values. 

Let Australians burn, we are going to need more then 2000 houses and 20 people killed before they wake up. Watch after these bush fires, everything will be forgotten and the liberal PM will be voted back in. Just like how everyone forgot the black Friday fires. 

Where is your compassion?

Even if 40% are in denial, that means 60% are not.

It's not like these donations will prevent Aussies from waking up. If climate change is real, it will hit them again soon.

Seems like this event already will change a lot of minds. Maybe not those who have career conflicts of interest, but much of the populace who don't.

It won't take too many of these fires to wake Aussies up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As an Australian there does seem to be quite a sentiment that there isn’t much use in Australia working hard to curb its emissions, because we only contribute about 1% to global emissions Australia alone wouldn’t be able to make any difference. However if every country thought like this we wouldn’t get anywhere. 

The carbon tax was repealed by the liberal government several years ago. However the problem of climate denialism doesn’t seem anywhere near as bad as in America. Even our centre right liberal party admits it’s an issue. Wheras many Republicans outright deny it 

As a young Australian I just want to let you know that in my experience mainly only the older generations denies climate change, with many of them believing that the government was just trying to find a new way to tax them. Our centre-left government introduced a carbon-tax which was then revoked by the right wing party which currently is in power. 

Our more left wing party the LABOR government who had a very focused climate change policy and were committed to reducing emissions were so close to being elected only a few months ago, but ended up being beaten by voters from a state of Australia which are known to commonly vote right wing. 

Young people are very angry as we are seeing things develop in a very backwards manner, as we still need to continue to fight to keep the right wing from dismantling our healthcare, public education funding has been cut, university fees are on the rise, environmental protection funding has been cut and climate change is still being actively denied by some members of the right wing party (luckily not all as mentioned above). 

I also just want to throw this out there, Australia in my experience sometimes has a culture of anti-intellectualism. If you act too smart or attempt to become successful many Australians will think you are trying to out-do them and criticise you. 

Edited by whatishappeningtome

12 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Do you seriously think that these fires are caused by climate change? Also, i'm fairly certain The Greens are being criticized because they were against a lot of backburning which could have prevented the severity of these fires.

If you donate towards the bush fires, you will be donating to people who have lost houses, livestock, thousands of dollars, and full communities that need rebuilding. 

Do you know how the fires started??

12 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Money donated to the bushfire relief goes towards helping to rebuild infrastructure. It does not go towards plants and animals. Helping the wildlife would be donating to political parties that support the environment, or environmental groups that actively lobby governments. None of the links you posted redirect towards groups that do that.

Actually there are many bush fire appeals for animals and also things like the bush fire emergency wild life fund.

19 minutes ago, Pateedm said:

Do you seriously think that these fires are caused by climate change?

Go educate yourself mate. Why is it that Australia is having larger and larger fires year by year? Why is it that Australia's rainfall is as a trend decreasing?

Aren't you aware that experts such as Shane Fitzimmons, and climate scientists, tell us time and time again, that the drier the country is, the more likely bushfires are to occur? Aren't you aware that climate change causes drought?

What you're one of those bogans that think its arson? Arson has been happening constantly for decades, why are fires getting worse?

What you're one of those bogans that say worse fires have happened in the past? Tell me what fire has been worse?

The fact is, your selfish liberal agenda relies on boosting the Australian economy through coal and gas, and no matter what excuse you come up with, its all to cover this up.

2 hours ago, Pateedm said:

they were against a lot of backburning which could have prevented the severity of these fires.

California is another that is learning this over and over.

5 hours ago, Pateedm said:

Do you seriously think that these fires are caused by climate change? Also, i'm fairly certain The Greens are being criticized because they were against a lot of backburning which could have prevented the severity of these fires.

33 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Come on man this is actualized.org, Paul Joseph Watson is a joke. 

It is a myth that the Australian bushfires were largely caused by arsonists, it was actually a very small amount of people who had been caught starting small fires, the majority of the people charged were with very minor offences like doing an action which could cause a fire as the states called for total fire bans. The latest BBC UK report highlights this.

Edited by whatishappeningtome
Correction

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Go educate yourself mate. Why is it that Australia is having larger and larger fires year by year? Why is it that Australia's rainfall is as a trend decreasing?

Aren't you aware that experts such as Shane Fitzimmons, and climate scientists, tell us time and time again, that the drier the country is, the more likely bushfires are to occur? Aren't you aware that climate change causes drought?

What you're one of those bogans that think its arson? Arson has been happening constantly for decades, why are fires getting worse?

What you're one of those bogans that say worse fires have happened in the past? Tell me what fire has been worse?

The fact is, your selfish liberal agenda relies on boosting the Australian economy through coal and gas, and no matter what excuse you come up with, its all to cover this up.

I think a 10 year old kid would be able to understand why more fires occur in drier countries.

Black Saturday was pretty devastating. 

I'm really not sure how you gathered that im a selfish liberal from what I wrote but whatever floats ya boat mate. 

This reminds me of one of my writing I did sometime ago. 

Wealth is water and land. Not those money. 

*in actuality* 

One affect all. Do not disrupt that balance. It is only one world anyway. 

Edited by Angelite

I takes one google search to find which fires have been worse,do yourself favor and stop making some grand ideas in your head while knowing nothing. 

There are other interesting facts that you can dig up if you actually can do more then parrot, like how greens are in large in fault that this fire was so devastating, because of policies that they pushed. 

Edited by purerogue

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

I takes one google search to find which fires have been worse,do yourself favor and stop making some grand ideas in your head while knowing nothing. 

NSW has a sub tropical climate. Forgot what climate Victoria has but it's not a desert climate. Central Australia is a desert climate.

Even though NSW and Victoria have subtropical climates, their drought is increasingly getting worse AND IMPORTANTLY, THE AMOUNT OF HECTARES THEIR BUSHFIRES ARE BURNING ARE INCREASING.

Because NSW and Victoria are not deserts, they have a much larger density of tree and wildlife population than the desert.

Now go Google Australia's worst bushfires dude and see what happens. By hectare, this bushfire is 10x worse then the worst bushfire that has happened in our history (black Friday is 2nd worse).

No it's not the worse based on people and houses lost, but are you so narrow and selfishly minded that the only thing you care about is destructive, pollutive people? This fire has killed the MOST WILDLIFE OF ANY FIRE IN AUSTRALIAN HISTORY. AND ITS STILL BURNING! HASNT FINISHED YET!

... Sorry assumed people knew how to critically think before posting. Shame that this is not the case.

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

There are other interesting facts that you can dig up if you actually can do more then parrot, like how greens are in large in fault that this fire was so devastating, because of policies that they pushed. 

Again you need to be able to critically think. But rather you would like to just look for evidence that supports your self bias beliefs and hatred for the greens and the left... sigh.

What you want backburning to solve the bushfire crisis? You want to burn large portions of the very thing that gives you oxygen? Gosh you must support these bushfires with that attitude. Hooray! No trees no fires! 

You know what we should Blackburn instead of trees? Humans and livestock. Humans cause way more co2(the thing largely causing climate change) then trees, human's waste pollution is much worse than trees for the environment and to top it off they vote in leaders that support large coal and fracking industries which work around the clock to produce co2 for no benefit. 

As for the policy to stop the carbon tax by Gillard, granted they should have not done that, but there's more to that story then you're willing to know. There was a risk that nuclear power plants were going to be built in Australia. They didn't do it on a whim. Hopefully it doesn't need to be explained why nuclear power plants are a huge huge huge environmental hazard, but who knows on here.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

NSW has a sub tropical climate. Forgot what climate Victoria has but it's not a desert climate. Central Australia is a desert climate.

Even though NSW and Victoria have subtropical climates, their drought is increasingly getting worse AND IMPORTANTLY, THE AMOUNT OF HECTARES THEIR BUSHFIRES ARE BURNING ARE INCREASING.

Because NSW and Victoria are not deserts, they have a much larger density of tree and wildlife population than the desert.

Now go Google Australia's worst bushfires dude and see what happens. By hectare, this bushfire is 10x worse then the worst bushfire that has happened in our history (black Friday is 2nd worse).

No it's not the worse based on people and houses lost, but are you so narrow and selfishly minded that the only thing you care about is destructive, pollutive people? This fire has killed the MOST WILDLIFE OF ANY FIRE IN AUSTRALIAN HISTORY. AND ITS STILL BURNING! HASNT FINISHED YET!

... Sorry assumed people knew how to critically think before posting. Shame that this is not the case.

Again you need to be able to critically think. But rather you would like to just look for evidence that supports your self bias beliefs and hatred for the greens and the left... sigh.

What you want backburning to solve the bushfire crisis? You want to burn large portions of the very thing that gives you oxygen? Gosh you must support these bushfires with that attitude. Hooray! No trees no fires! 

You know what we should Blackburn instead of trees? Humans and livestock. Humans cause way more co2(the thing largely causing climate change) then trees, human's waste pollution is much worse than trees for the environment and to top it off they vote in leaders that support large coal and fracking industries which work around the clock to produce co2 for no benefit. 

As for the policy to stop the carbon tax by Gillard, granted they should have not done that, but there's more to that story then you're willing to know. There was a risk that nuclear power plants were going to be built in Australia. They didn't do it on a whim. Hopefully it doesn't need to be explained why nuclear power plants are a huge huge huge environmental hazard, but who knows on here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushfires_in_Australia Bottom of page

I think I have some understanding in this matter, as I worked in forestry, so I can tell stupid when I see it, I have nothing in general against greens, I just find them bit dumb when it comes to understanding nature, they love it so much , but when it comes to understanding causes to their actions, they are not smartest bunch. 

Also as shill , I will give you one advice, do not believe any news, because most of them work in their own interests, not to tell truth, they will skew information and portray as they want, it is most powerful tool to manipulate people opinions and it is done all the time, from all sides. 

Edited by purerogue

30 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Again, the 1974 bushfires were in central Australia. The forest density is much lower there because less plants and trees can survive in a desert compared to the coastal regions. It's like comparing a fire in some place in Nevada or Arizona to a fire in Paradise. 

Large fires occurring in deserts are significantly different to ones occurring in non desert regions. The density of forests is lower and the climate is harsher which means less animals and plants are killed. The climate tends to be hotter in hot deserts which means fires happening in those regions, while devastating, are more expected. 

Desert fires still are a large problem, but you're comparing apples to oranges when talking about different regions. 

This is why the fires in the Sahara in Africa, while very large, are not given as much attention compared to the fires in the Amazon. Different climates change how significant a fire is. 

But Australia's problem is a lot deeper than this. Most Australians aren't even open to a conversation like this. They value beliefs, their own biases and opinions over facts. They have an anti intellectual motive and a dislike for academia. They think academics are all in their head and their views are somehow superior because they have real world experience. Real world experience means crap all when it comes to causes of bushfires. You need a big picture holistic understanding of the situation, which is what climate science academics do.

Here's a perfect example of a typical Australian https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/11858654

He's had his land massively destroyed by the bushfires, and yet when Barack Obama made a sane, totally correct comment about the bushfires and it's like to climate change, what did the mayor do? Deeply criticise him for it. Why? What glorious evidence, insights and facts makes the mayor think that climate change is not caused by the bushfires? None. He just thinks Barack Obmama is wrong.

This mayor is deeply respected by his people. God knows why.

All the moonmen want things their way, but we'll make sure they'll see the sun.

Goodbye Moonmen.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

7 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Again, the 1974 bushfires were in central Australia. The forest density is much lower there because less plants and trees can survive in a desert compared to the coastal regions. It's like comparing a fire in some place in Nevada or Arizona to a fire in Paradise. 

Large fires occurring in deserts are significantly different to ones occurring in non desert regions. The density of forests is lower and the climate is harsher which means less animals and plants are killed. The climate tends to be hotter in hot deserts which means fires happening in those regions, while devastating, are more expected. 

Desert fires still are a large problem, but you're comparing apples to oranges when talking about different regions. 

This is why the fires in the Sahara in Africa, while very large, are not given as much attention compared to the fires in the Amazon. Different climates change how significant a fire is. 

But Australia's problem is a lot deeper than this. Most Australians aren't even open to a conversation like this. They value beliefs, their own biases and opinions over facts. They have an anti intellectual motive and a dislike for academia. They think academics are all in their head and their views are somehow superior because they have real world experience. Real world experience means crap all when it comes to causes of bushfires. You need a big picture holistic understanding of the situation, which is what climate science academics do.

Here's a perfect example of a typical Australian https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/11858654

He's had his land massively destroyed by the bushfires, and yet when Barack Obama made a sane, totally correct comment about the bushfires and it's like to climate change, what did the mayor do? Deeply criticise him for it. Why? What glorious evidence, insights and facts makes the mayor think that climate change is not caused by the bushfires? None. He just thinks Barack Obmama is wrong.

This mayor is deeply respected by his people. God knows why.

You said it had most ha, now you say it is not the same, well I understand you , but this is not most devastating bushfire either , at least not in terms of human life, or damage. 

Your fires did not start because of climate change, but because people started it and it did not get so bad just because of climate change, it got so bad because of changes that were made by greens which made it possible for fire to spread so easily and so far.