Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sartanion

Are the next 5 years gonna decide the future of humankind?

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

dunno if I am alone in that, but for some reason I have the feeling that the next few years, great crucial changes will occur and how will we as a species deal with them, will determine wheter we gonna make it or break it. Might be just rambling of my mind on conspiracy theory spree, but I can't come to a different feeling.

Yes, I know, everything changes. It didn't change for so long, that I might just logically be  expecting something big, might be just a construct of my mind. But I can't get away from that feeling. It isn't unsettling, it's actually strangelly comforting, but I wanna know If you feel it the same or I am just gong crazy.

Thanks for your opinion!

Hi @Sartanion I don't have any more  worries than usual at the moment about the state of the world, although there's plenty of dangers around. Is your feeling a general one, or is there a particular subject such as the environment, war, disease? 

@silene I think it is just a general feeling, something like "It's raining now, but I know that in 10 minutes it's gonna be sunny." If that would be the case, I would be excited if something, changes are fun.

Every moment decides the future of human kind. If you suggest something big happening that drastically changes the course of history, not likely, but not impossible either. Nuclear war, a deadly virus, climate change...

I too have the feeling that great changes are upon us. I don't know about the rest of the world, but the atmosphere in Europe is pretty tense.

There is ever increasing dissatisfaction in most people and more unconscious coping mechanisms to deal with that dissatisfaction.

I feel the tension will get to the point of either stare the truth, as painful as it may be, or self destruct in avoidance. I do incline more to the first outcome. I think people are slowly looking past the illusion and accepting their part in the dissatisfaction of their lives ( or at least I hope so)

I was watching a commercial on my parents television one day and I got this (just a message in my mind, don't know where it came from) : ' I just want you to be happy. Will this do it for you? Or do you need more? I will give everything you want. What will it take for you to feel the love? I will give you everything. I love you!' I since then don't see commercials as evil and manipulating. 

As for the climate... after studying it for two years, I came to the conclusion that it is nothing more than the reflection of the collective mind. So, I just work on my mind now

@Sartanion also, maybe you unconsciously desire a change in your life. Maybe give that some thought.

In the end, all our opinions on the world outside are but a mirror of ourselves

Are the next 5 years gonna decide the future of humankind?

No, the future of mankind was decided around 20 years ago, when we did nothing to prevent climate change.

Every microsecond since the Big Bang has been deciding the future of mankind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Every microsecond since your birth has been deciding the future of your life.

Perhaps there are infinite possible futures for humanity and planet earth, and the future you experience is largely up to you. I.e., different versions of “you” experiencing different versions of the future. 

Just be sure to do your best. And I for one welcome our new robot overlords 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”