Moreira

What has happened to Leo?

46 posts in this topic

Today I watched one of my fave videos of Actualized, the one where Leo goes on a solo meditational retreat in the forest of Arizona.
He appears with goods and food packed in his car before starting his new adventure. But there's one thing that catched my attention: Leo looks one of the most optimistic and happy person in the world. 
He looks so excited about his trip and his eyes are full of JOY.
It contrasts with the post psychedellic era, where he started to wear the white shirt and full beard. 
After the mythical video where he became God, and the absolute infinity, he started to look sad, kinda burned out. Maybe something happened in the other side, or maybe he catched a parasite entity in the other dimension like newage woos theorise.
Or maybe is the post enlightenment dowfall.

What i feel that after the DMT era the "gap" between the master and the subscriber has become too big.
Back in time Leo used a language and explained things the way he reassured that his public would understand everything.
Today (maybe due excess of people asking him questions) his answers are like: This would take you years of practise and intricate self-inquiry to understand that (spiritual ego dismissed the questioner,its not worth to spend effort to explain things to plebs).
Whats left is accept without questioning his dogmas about his new topics about politics, religion, epistemolgy, and trust Leo blindly (faith)because we cannot understand his meta stuff. Very cult-like attitude.
This lack of effort to translate his spiritual epiphanies and finding about the nature of reality in "words" and he resolving the problem by saying: "This cannot be explained by language and concepts" has costed him lot of misinterpretations and critiques in internet.
At least he could have tried to create metaphores like christians did to make some acute minds grasp the message behind, or conceptualize in the form of rules like the hermetic principles, or describes visually like the movie Dr Strange.
The misinterpretation of Leo's revelations to plain people calling him solipsist, taking out of contexts bits of his videos, all come down due the main problem.. The GAP

If I try hard to understand Leos viewpoint I can. It would take time, but I can.
He cannot say: you dont exist, everything is mind... out of context. It need to be shown the contects the viewpoint, the paradigms...
The correct way is to explain, contextualize, put the viewer in your viewpoint: You dont exist the way that society told you, you are not a physical body, you are not a ego, but the things is deeper because I start from the premise that everything is imaginated by a mind. Also i thing that nothing exist, all its hallucinated by a great mind.
Viewer: ah I start to grasp your point, thanks for the explanation dude!

Back to the topic, I dont want Leo explain us why his happy mood has changed  during his spiritual path, because its his personal life. But Id like to know if this is gonna happen to us if we dive deeper to the rabbit hole. Is there a kind of toll or cost we must pay to devote out time to spiritual practise?

I honestly would prefer to be a ignorant and having the bliss that Leo had in his beginnings. His positive attitude was contagious.

What if being very passionate comes with high highs and low lows and when reaching equanimity those sine wave like fluctuations gets levelled out in such a way that happy might not manifest as "looking super joyful" but you are in fact much more at peace - a truer form of happiness?

Where Leos state of mind is - who knows. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

11 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

What if being very passionate comes with high highs and low lows and when reaching equanimity those sine wave like fluctuations gets levelled out in such a way that happy might not manifest as "looking super joyful" but you are in fact much more at peace - a truer form of happiness?

You say in other words that excitement and fireworks must reduce and be replaced by a calm version of happines. More like to be child again?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch I don't say it must 9_9 but entertain that thought. Or the other way around, by reducing the lows, the highs don't show in the same form as before.

By the way, childen are typically fluctuating with more spontaneity than we grown ups do. We're repressed in a way that children haven't "learned" yet. Repressed emotions come out with power.. With passion. 

Some people are fluctuating very rapidly between crazy highs and horrifying lows, some for no apparent reason. We would call them mentally instable and they are very unpredictable in their behavior, it is like a lottery which version you get and if you got the high version, you don't get surprised if tears of joy all of a sudden are tears of misery or furious rage.

Being very reactive to emotional signals. 

That's an extreme of course. 

And this is wild speculation, as this is about Leo and not anyone else. 

When becoming less reactive to your emotions... that can be the percieved effect. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

1 hour ago, Eph75 said:

Thats the state that ancient greeks described as ataraxia. But the edge between ataraxia and apathy or depression is very thin.

Maybe this state is implicit after enlightenment. But the thing is, after that, having realized everything is a game, why not play it fully? Surrendering to human desires and purposes, while being aware of them?

Edited by Moreira

I may absolutely be wrong here.  Though, my impression is that some of those individuals that go deep into the spiritual work tend either lose sight of, forget about, or outgrow the simple joys of being a human.  I don't know what is on the other side: allegedly more (unconditional and not contingent) happiness is what people say.  Happiness without the ego might just be qualitatively different than that derived from the ego. 

Leo has stated several times that eventually he may outgrow his role as an e-teacher and might just shut er down to focus on himself.  Might be getting close.

19 minutes ago, Moreira said:

But the thing is, after that, having realized everything is a game, why not play it fully? Surrendering to human desires and purposes, while being aware of them?

And maybe that's the thing, it coming out as a smirk ^_^ rather than a full blown grin xD while playing it fully. 

Have you caught yourself getting passionate in a conversation as you speak, you speak faster, louder, with more emotion. Then catch yourself in that moment and go "oops, wow got a bit carried away/passionate there"?

While being passionate (high) feels great, reasoning isn't at the top of its game. 

I even think I recall some older videos of Leo's where he gets passionate and he catches himself in the moment. 

Edited by Eph75

3 hours ago, Moreira said:

Today I watched one of my fave videos of Actualized, the one where Leo goes on a solo meditational retreat in the forest of Arizona.
He appears with goods and food packed in his car before starting his new adventure. But there's one thing that catched my attention: Leo looks one of the most optimistic and happy person in the world. 
He looks so excited about his trip and his eyes are full of JOY.
It contrasts with the post psychedellic era, where he started to wear the white shirt and full beard. 
After the mythical video where he became God, and the absolute infinity, he started to look sad, kinda burned out. Maybe something happened in the other side, or maybe he catched a parasite entity in the other dimension like newage woos theorise.
Or maybe is the post enlightenment dowfall.

What i feel that after the DMT era the "gap" between the master and the subscriber has become too big.
Back in time Leo used a language and explained things the way he reassured that his public would understand everything.
Today (maybe due excess of people asking him questions) his answers are like: This would take you years of practise and intricate self-inquiry to understand that (spiritual ego dismissed the questioner,its not worth to spend effort to explain things to plebs).
Whats left is accept without questioning his dogmas about his new topics about politics, religion, epistemolgy, and trust Leo blindly (faith)because we cannot understand his meta stuff. Very cult-like attitude.
This lack of effort to translate his spiritual epiphanies and finding about the nature of reality in "words" and he resolving the problem by saying: "This cannot be explained by language and concepts" has costed him lot of misinterpretations and critiques in internet.
At least he could have tried to create metaphores like christians did to make some acute minds grasp the message behind, or conceptualize in the form of rules like the hermetic principles, or describes visually like the movie Dr Strange.
The misinterpretation of Leo's revelations to plain people calling him solipsist, taking out of contexts bits of his videos, all come down due the main problem.. The GAP

If I try hard to understand Leos viewpoint I can. It would take time, but I can.
He cannot say: you dont exist, everything is mind... out of context. It need to be shown the contects the viewpoint, the paradigms...
The correct way is to explain, contextualize, put the viewer in your viewpoint: You dont exist the way that society told you, you are not a physical body, you are not a ego, but the things is deeper because I start from the premise that everything is imaginated by a mind. Also i thing that nothing exist, all its hallucinated by a great mind.
Viewer: ah I start to grasp your point, thanks for the explanation dude!

Back to the topic, I dont want Leo explain us why his happy mood has changed  during his spiritual path, because its his personal life. But Id like to know if this is gonna happen to us if we dive deeper to the rabbit hole. Is there a kind of toll or cost we must pay to devote out time to spiritual practise?

I honestly would prefer to be a ignorant and having the bliss that Leo had in his beginnings. His positive attitude was contagious.

I don't see a problem, in way Leo explains thing.

People who just take his words and call him names are DEVILS PROJECTING. 

What Leo does seems easy, but it's not. He can't do what you are saying because that would be washed up version of everything he is talking about. 

Leo can get whole lot more money fron actualized.org and whole lot more views, by doing what you are saying here. Sugarcoating stuff and making clickbait videos. But he is not doing that...Stuff he talks about, listener ain't suppose to get it right away, got to directly experience it and come back. This is not Tony Robbins Self-Help.

Also, what I wanna mention is this:

Best thing to do is watch Leo’s advanced teachings and SUPPLEMENT it with other videos, like for example law of attraction videos, and things of that nature.

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

That's what happens when you take psychedelics. You lose your light. You become dead inside. I've seem that on other people aswell including my relatives. You can be alive biologicaly but dead in the spirit. Mooji calls this he says, "your spiritual pores gets closed and you lose your light, suddenly you are not attractive anymore."

I see that light in Leo only rearly now when he makes some deep psychedelic brakethroughs and there's this afterglow for 1-2days. But then he goes back into his ordinary state. I liked his glow much more when he was still doing some normal meditations. Basicly I stoped watching his videos after he started doing psychs. Not intentionly, simply his light was gone. Just dry information was left, no presence, no life inside there.

When I watch some mooji or echkart tolle or sadhguru, even if I watch most basic thing that I saw 100times, just the prsence that is eminating from that video is so deeply touching for me, and Leo used to have some of it. 

That light is all that matters, that light is THE Teaching and the goal. Information is useless without that light. That's why it's so important to have a teacher, because teacher can give you this light. What teacher is teaching is of zero importence, his light is all that matters, a true teacher could just sit without uttering a word and you would get enlightened by him because of that transmition of light. When you go to satsang or somewhere, you absorb and soak that light into you, then it grows, and then you become devine, oozing love eveywhere you go. When I see psychedelic people, they dont ooze anything. Just empty and dead inside. Like androids, just information, no presence.

Edited by Salvijus

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's what happens when you take psychedelics. You lose your light. You become dead inside. I've seem that on other people aswell including my relatives. You can be alive biologicaly but dead in the spirit. Mooji calls this he says, "your spiritual pores gets closed and you lose your light, suddenly you are not attractive anymore."

I see that light in Leo only rearly now when he makes some deep psychedelic brakethroughs and there's this afterglow for 1-2days. But then he goes back into his ordinary state. I liked his glow much more when he was still doing some normal meditations. Basicly I stoped watching his videos after he started doing psychs. Not intentionly, simply his light was gone. Just dry information was left, no presence, no life inside there.

When I watch some mooji or echkart tolle or sadhguru, even if I watch most basic thing that I saw 100times, just the prsence that is eminating from that video is so deeply touching for me, and Leo used to have some of it. 

That light is all that matters, that light is THE Teaching and the goal, that's why it's so important to have a teacher, because teacher can give you this light. When you go to satsang or somewhere, you absorb and soak that light into you, then it grows, and then you become devine, oozing love eveywhere you go. When I see psychedelic people, they dont ooze anything. Just empty and dead inside. Like androids, just information, no presence.

I can't agree with that. When I watch Leo's newest, I feel uplifted. I can feel his positive energy and presence. After the videos, my mind is more clear and focused.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed Okey then maybe it's just me then. Good that there are still some people who get uplifted by his work :)

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Rasheed Okey then maybe it's just me then. Good that there are still some people who get uplifted by his work :)

It is inspiring to see Leo go this far...Once upon a time, he had struggle with his weight Look, where he is now. That should be inspiring for anybody.

That's true, that's true. Can't argue with that one :D

I know it's not right to talk about people like this, I just sayed this with an intention that people could reflect on what I wrote a little bit and see if it's true for them or no.

Edited by Salvijus

Rather than Leo has lost his light, instead his light is getting brighter and brighter!  

I think he should be supported. Speak good things about him. If you think you've noticed something changing well then pray for him. What is this gossip thread? God is Love and you shall love your neighbour as yourself. Like I said pray for him. You have no right to say his light is gone! That is not a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Unjigorjigor said:

You have no right to say his light is gone! That is not a joke.

That's true, that wasnt nice thing to say.. 

I have no idea why I wrote that. Usually I keep such things to myself unless there is receptivity and openness to hear them

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Moreira said:

Why does the mood change after enhanced enlightenment? 
Because you are back at where you started, just screaming Oh My God in your mind.
Have you noticed that your value system is changing with Actualization? So thats what will happen again, but very radically. ENLIGHTENMENT IS RADICAL. If you are caring about your mood dude... I have no words for such sloppyness..

You said: "I honestly would prefer to be a ignorant and having the bliss that Leo had in his beginnings"
There is a great cost to spirituality, but Leo mentioned this a lot of times already now, so you should become aware.
Ignorance and Bliss are nice for the moment but not sustainable, and if you are a true seeker, you cant stop but find. From your comment, I dont think you are, so dont worry about not being ignorant anymore ;)

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Salvijus your point about psychedelics being dangerous is fine but I'm just saying don't condemn Leo in making that point 

13 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

It is inspiring to see Leo go this far...Once upon a time, he had struggle with his weight Look, where he is now. That should be inspiring for anybody.

But thats the exact thing!! 
As Leo, you will look back at everything and realize that you have been the only one giving all of this meaning in the first place, so youre gonna be back at Square 1. 
It is like you take a 1600s Church Laymen and Catapult his Ass to Tier 2 Spiral Dynamics. What will happen is that your young fellow layman will sit on the side of the road for a week mumbling while his brain is exploding and integrating everything his new knowledge and perspective is giving him, but it doesnt change him sitting on the side of the road in the dirt. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

I think people are picking up on a genuine change in Leo since his last retreat video. I won't say here whether this is a "good" or "bad" thing.. only that I still appreciate what he's created over the years and that I hope/trust his heavy psychedelic use only serves the highest good.