Reils

Devils In The Forum

55 posts in this topic

(Moderator edited foreign language)

This forum is the most conscious of any that I've ever had the pleasure of partaking in. I love what's facilitated here and the opportunities for growth provided by Leo and every other community member.

But let me ask you this... Are you bullshitting yourself? Are you telling yourself, "Yes, I am being very productive by sitting here and consuming gargantuan amounts of information." If you are that's perfectly okay. Just be aware of it.

That being said- there is no substitute for the inner work of personal growth. This isn't meant to be hostile, there's no doubt in my mind that Leo is aware of this. I just want to express this fact to any individual who is stuck in mental masturbation mode. I've been there. It's easier than ever today with the internet- you will literally never be at a junction where there is nothing to consume.

Do you want entertainment or do you want to realize the Absolute Truth? Nothing wrong with relaxing and enjoying some friendly discourse, and if that's your plan- better here than social media or the likes of it. Shoot, I'm here right now myself and I'm loving it.

Just don't delude yourself. The concepts discussed here and on Leo's channel can take anywhere from days to years to fully integrate and comprehend. Are you seeking, or are you distracting? 

Hmmmmmmmm...... :P 

It´s a forum. It´s normal that people here we engage in mental masturbation because usually the real work is not done by theorizing or having discussions of "logical truth" because the work is done by doing the practices and in general just embodying what you discover into your daily(human)n life.

However I do feel dissapointed when I´ve seen sometimes people giving long-profound-spiritual advice threads about how they are so consciouss and then you see a thread 2 months later of the same person asking for advice in a very basic emotional self-actualization problem like "I get nervous with girls omg i cant get a gf", or "my father judges me ah what do i do", that really does hurt the reputation of what they said previously about being "so consciouss".

But Then again, I might also have fallen too into this. Well, not might. I had. I´ve written some profound insights and then probably I see myself stuck in basic self-actualizing ego problems. That tells me I might be going to conceptual and again bullshitting myself, but that´s just how the mind works. It´s not about judging it but rather realizing it that you can start breaking free of it and fall less into the trap.

Isn't using any other language against forum guidelines? What does this mean?

*moderator removed comment by OP*

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

19 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It´s a forum. It´s normal that people here we engage in mental masturbation because usually the real work is not done by theorizing or having discussions of "logical truth" because the work is done by doing the practices and in general just embodying what you discover into your daily(human)n life.

Very true. Which is why I made the distinction between mental masturbation and being stuck in such a state- A.K.A. "mental edging" ;)

20 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

However I do feel dissapointed when I´ve seen sometimes people giving long-profound-spiritual advice threads about how they are so consciouss and then you see a thread 2 months later of the same person asking for advice in a very basic emotional self-actualization problem like "I get nervous with girls omg i cant get a gf", or "my father judges me ah what do i do", that really does hurt the reputation of what they said previously about being "so consciouss".

But Then again, I might also have fallen too into this. Well, not might. I had. I´ve written some profound insights and then probably I see myself stuck in basic self-actualizing ego problems. That tells me I might be going to conceptual and again bullshitting myself, but that´s just how the mind works. It´s not about judging it but rather realizing it that you can start breaking free of it and fall less into the trap.

Ahhhh, yes. There's nothing static about the universe besides it's evolution. Naturally evolution is not always growth. And yeah, judging is just about the most counter-productive thing one can do. It's your ego's way of distracting you from the fact you embody that fault yourself.

Just put the reference in there thinking a wandering eye might recognize it- and if they do it will certainly bring them a good chuckle :)

*moderator note: please don't type in another language on this forum. It's been removed. 

36 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Work is complex, depending on what you want ofc, but  it is easy to get all kind of insights , states,much harder to embody them  when your state shifts all the time.

Sometimes I think maybe it would be easier  just go right to Enlightenment path, or just live life without hurdles of exploring mind, because truth is 

that what we are doing here is exploring, you do not need all of this for Enlightenment, as you do not need all of this to live very happy life.  

I am not saying that I am unhappy, I think I am well over the phases where I have problems integrating positivity in my daily life, but this work does require allot of shifting, which can be very difficult to balance. 

@Derek White The book SPQR by Mary Beard offers a fascinating account of the first 1,000 years of roman history, and the story which I am referencing is surprisingly enough the introduction to the book. I'd certainly recommend it if that's something which piques your interest.

35 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Work is complex, depending on what you want ofc, but  it is easy to get all kind of insights , states,much harder to embody them  when your state shifts all the time.

Sometimes I think maybe it would be easier  just go right to Enlightenment path, or just live life without hurdles of exploring mind, because truth is 

that what we are doing here is exploring, you do not need all of this for Enlightenment, as you do not need all of this to live very happy life.  

I am not saying that I am unhappy, I think I am well over the phases where I have problems integrating positivity in my daily life, but this work does require allot of shifting, which can be very difficult to balance. 

Yeah shifting is a very accurate word in this case! I agree!

2 hours ago, Reils said:

"Yes, I am being very productive by sitting here and consuming gargantuan amounts of information."

Personally Im mainly here to learn differing points of view. Its something that other forums cant give me as their users tend to all be made from the same grey wax.

Half of what I write here I tend to hope that someone comes and points out flaws in my thinking, to give me something to question my own thinking and point of view, and it has worked immensely well thanks to a few key users here on Actualized.org ;)

I'm sorry, but the biggest devil here is Leo still masturbating ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

28 minutes ago, Hansu said:
2 hours ago, Reils said:

"Yes, I am being very productive by sitting here and consuming gargantuan amounts of information."

Personally Im mainly here to learn differing points of view. Its something that other forums cant give me as their users tend to all be made from the same grey wax.

Half of what I write here I tend to hope that someone comes and points out flaws in my thinking, to give me something to question my own thinking and point of view, and it has worked immensely well thanks to a few key users here on Actualized.org ;)

You're so right. That is what makes this forum gold. It's all about what your intention is.

This forum is an amazing resource if you use it properly. There are quality content and posters here that have really made an impact on my spiritual progress.

Of course there is a ton of mental masturbation and a lot of spiritual egos, devilry and all that jazz. And I see posters complaining about the harshness and bad stuff here sometimes.. But if someone really irks you, you simply ignore those users content or take it with a grain of salt and filter in the good useful and practical stuff. It's really not that hard.

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'm sorry, but the biggest devil here is Leo still masturbating ?

O.o hahahaha true

2 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

This forum is an amazing resource if you use it properly. There are quality content and posters here that have really made an impact on my spiritual progress.

Of course there is a ton of mental masturbation and a lot of spiritual egos, devilry and all that jazz. And I see posters complaining about the harshness and bad stuff here sometimes.. But if someone really irks you, you simply ignore those users content or take it with a grain of salt and filter in the good useful and practical stuff. It's really not that hard.

By all means. I intended to come off in a way that highlighted the positive aspects of the forum, while still giving a kick to the ones who are mentally masturbating. Nothing wrong with mentally masturbating. This post wasn't intended as critique, rather to be sort of a wake up call in a sense, because I know that I myself have been stuck in information gathering mode before and was unconscious of the fact which I was. I was simply trying to point out to an individual who could benefit from hearing it, "hey, you would see much more ROI by actually applying the stuff ;)"

I certainly see how I could have phrased my post better. Thanks for the feedback :P 

9 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Oh yeah we have a some of those. The other day I saw a 25yo single dude talking about marriage, like he knew what he was talking about. I had to put him on my ignore list.

Arc

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Oh yeah we have a some of those. The other day I saw a 25yo single dude talking about marriage, like he knew what he was talking about. I had to put him on my ignore list.

Arc

I was married at 21 after living together for 3 years and we have now been together for 31 years. 

Why wouldn't a 25 grown man have an opinion on marriage? Why not?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

14 hours ago, Derek White said:

Isn't using any other language against forum guidelines? What does this mean?

Yes, it is, I will edit it out.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

7 hours ago, Anna1 said:

I was married at 21 after living together for 3 years and we have now been together for 31 years. 

Why wouldn't a 25 grown man have an opinion on marriage? Why not?

My thoughts exactly 

I think we should be here to share our experience and ask genuine questions. I sometimes find people being sarcastic and judging people (like their age) which I find counter productive. If you disagree with someone just say it directly, there is no need to be insulting here.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb