Fede83

Stuck in my path of realization

32 posts in this topic

@Stakres

4 minutes ago, Stakres said:

Why do you want that?

Because i'm on a self-help forum trying to improve my direct experience.

5 minutes ago, Stakres said:

is exactly what getting out of depression means. And science can help with that.

Not necessarily. Depression also means suicidal thoughts and just not wanting to live anymore. I don't have any of that. I want to feel like superman and run 100 miles with ease. Is that what getting out depression means too?

6 minutes ago, Stakres said:

Did she say herself that she is not happy? Or are you assuming that based on what you see?

It's based on my judgement. But are we just assuming everyone who thinks they're happy is actually happy?

@Raptorsin7

"I want to feel like superman and run 100 miles with ease"

You are right, getting out of depression won't get you that. Please google a definition of depression. What does "feeling like superman" mean to you?

I agree that medicine and doctors won't solve all your problems.

Maybe you could ask your grandma if she feels is happy or if she even wants to change, instead of assuming that she is not and using that single personal anecdote that somehow medicine doesn't help.

@Stakres It means I can walk outside and run 100 miles. I'm pretty sure right now I can't but I know there are people that can do it. I want what they got.

I can only speak from direct experience. If anyone asked me am I happy like 6 months ago I would have said sure. And I would not have considered myself depressed. But I see what I'm missing in my direct experience now, so I can see the issue with my old worldview that would have not classified myself as unhappy and depressed.

What is your purpose here?'

Also you didn't answer my question about your direct experience of contentment and being on the path.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7  Ok. I understand. You recognized what is missing for you now. And you want to get that. That's awesome!

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Also you didn't answer my question about your direct experience of contentment and being on the path.

I have what I need. I live life now. Problems arise, but I'm content.

@Raptorsin7  What do you mean by "in love with life"? What do you mean by that exactly? There can be various meanings.

@Stakres Do you know what love is? Do you feel it in your life in almost anything you do?

Do you love me?

@Raptorsin7  Again to be on the same page, what is your definition of "love"? Is it your goal to feel "love" in everything you do and towards everyone?

I care deeply about people who are close to me.

@Stakres Not sure I don't feel love. But the name of the game seems to be love from what i've learned so far. You either get it or you don't. 

I think we've hijacked the thread enough. We can just continue in PM.

I don’t consider myself depressed,I’m not sad just stucked in my loop and believing that I’m enough and I don’t need friends..this lead me to a solitary life which I wanna improve but in the same time is hard for me now to see the light at the end of the tunnel ..I’m super positive about this and really wanna improve..my financial situation is not the best I can afford a therapist like every 15 days or something..but a terapist or a life coach ? 

@Fede83 My advice is to find someone online you can talk to through skype. Look for both therapists and life coaches online and find someone who resonates with you strongly. Send them a message about what you want, and see if they give you a good response. @Nahm I think is good. But you have to find someone that you trust and resonate with.

@Raptorsin7 Yes fair enough. Let's continue in PM.

@Fede83 Take a depression test online (google: "depression test", like this one https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/tests/health/depression-test).

"stucked in my loop and believing that I’m enough and I don’t need friends" these are some symptoms of depression. You will probably have more depressive symptoms. The test results will show you if you are depressed.

If money is a problem than spending it of professional help right now would be wiser in my opinion, because that's licensed help, instead of someone self-proclaimed. There are online therapy platforms (like Betterhelp). They are fairly cheap and even have discounts and financial support for people who don't have enough money.

In my opinion: go to a therapist and do other things on the side. But get professional help.

Ok I'm done in this thread.