Fede83

Stuck in my path of realization

32 posts in this topic

I don’t know what happened but since 2 week I do lose my job,than I get a cold and I’m still at home yet not feeling that good..like I don’t know if meditate and doing practices I do will help me here..I do that for 1 year straight sperimented a lot of benefit for sure..❤️I enjoyed my self more I get to know myself better and I get in touch with my divine love which is immensely beatiful ❤️I feel lost in my life..i considered getting back to terapy or something what u think can be useful? Also I wanna mention is like months basically I don’t wanna socialize at all because I feel I’m happy alone and I don’t need anything and anyone ..is this normal ? 

much love to everyone of u ❤️

Edited by Fede83

Seek professional help. Therapy, psychiatrist, hotlines. Please get help. New age, enlightenment, meditation are not the answer. Please get professional, licensed, scientific help.

Try to get at least some job, to get an income.

Consider socializing or making new friends. The social connection might help during your hard time right now.

3 minutes ago, Stakres said:

New age, enlightenment, meditation are not the answer. Please get professional, licensed, scientific help.

Don't listen to this guy. 

You can do both. If you find a therapist there's no reason to drop the meditation or the enlightenment work.

@Raptorsin7 Exactly. You can do both. But if you are in a dark place, get professional help first and then possibly do other things on the side.

Therapy, psychiatrist, hotlines and medicine have a great track record of helping people. Meditation and enlightenment can help, but not instantly. I feel like @Fede83 needs help right now and spirituality won't give him the kind of relief he needs.

Edited by Stakres

7 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Don't listen to this guy. 

You can do both. If you find a therapist there's no reason to drop the meditation or the enlightenment work.

Should I start to see a therapist than? I was trying to get over it alone by myself but seems I’m a stuck in a loop right now 

1 minute ago, Stakres said:

@Raptorsin7 Exactly. You can do both. But if you are in a dark place, get professional help first and then possibly do other things on the side.

Professional track record has a great track record of helping people. Meditation and enlightenment can help, but not instantly. I feel like @Fede83 needs help right now and spirituality won't give him the kind of relief he needs.

Well u think I can get benefit from it than ? 

@Fede83 Yes you can get some benefits from meditation, but it won't solve your problems. If you are depressed, get professional help. Go to a therapist.

@Stakres Fair enough. 

@Fede83 Have you thought about working 1-1 with a life coach? I think it can be very helpful especially if you feel lost right now and you are already on the path. Therapy is good too, but I think it could also be good to have like a head coach kind of person to help guide you in the right direction. So think of therapy as like working with a trainer doing drills, and then your head coach, life coach, provides greater insight from a higher perspective.

@Raptorsin7  A therapist can do exactly what a "life coach" does. However compared to a life coach, a therapist is a licensed and trained professional who knows how to deal with depressed people and most likely has a great track record and relies on peer-reviewed and proven science.

You could have good experiences with a "life coach", but again that shouldn't be the first place to go to when in a dark place.

3 minutes ago, Fede83 said:

I was trying to get over it alone by myself but seems I’m a stuck in a loop right now 

This is a good sign that you should change it up. If you've hit a dead end of what you can accomplish on your own then working with someone can be useful to get yourself on the right track.

I'd say look for a 1-1 teacher.

What is your financial situation like? Do you have any excess money to pay for a life coach once every few weeks? Also, be very picky about who you choose as a therapist. Not all therapists are created equal, be sure to find one that resonates with you on a deep level

1 minute ago, Stakres said:

A therapist can do exactly what a "life coach" does

Yea, no. A therapist "can" do it for sure. But my neighbor can do exactly do what a life coach does and a therapist does too. I'm pretty young, and i'm i've spent a lot of time in University at graduate and undergraduate levels. Most people in school are idiots. I'd be very skeptical about trusting a therapist with improving your life when you have no guarantee that these people have their lives together. Life coaches are far more accessible and many good coaches will incorporate therapeutic techniques anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Stakres said:

great track record and relies on peer-reviewed and proven science.

Show me all that great science that improves people's direct experience to the point where they go from deeply unhappy to incredibly happy and satisfied with life. Science has not figured out to how effectively make people happy. If i was going insane or was suicidal then sure i'd trust meds or therapists to get me to a point where i don't feel like killing myself. But if you want deeper answers for how to live your life and how to improve the quality of your experience so you are functioning optimally then i'd be skeptical about trusting science.

@Stakres Are you deeply happy and satisfied with life? Are you speaking from experience when you say how effective therapy can be?

@Raptorsin7 So you would rather go to a random person with no credentials (life coach) than to someone who has spent 10 years in medical school, is licensed and uses proven medical research to help (therapist)?

You can go to a life coach, and do other things, but to get out of a rut, medical help is the best way.

@Stakres Lol do you know any people in medical school? Do you think doctors are learning how to make people happy and deal with structuring lives to create more love and satisfaction with their day to day experience?

Medical help, i.e antidepressants, can help people change people's feeling but it won't address the question of why people are even unsatisfied and unhappy in the first place. Sure, antidepressants can be part of a holistic plan to improve one's life. But doctors and therapists are unlikely to have a holistic view as how to improve one's life. That's why having a life coach is good because it touches on all aspects of your life. Sure if you find a super star therapist that can do everything then by all means go for it. 

You are overestimating the extent to which medical help works in this area. We aren't treating cancer here...

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 "But doctors and therapists are unlikely to have a holistic view as how to improve one's life"

How do you know that? Doctors I know, indeed work with a holistic view to improve lives of their patients as a whole.

"do you any people in medical school" I have many friends in medical school and I know multiple doctors who are later in their lives. Most of them are really committed to doing their best to help people and put an incredible amount of work and discipline into their craft.

"You are overestimating the extent to which medical help works in this area"

Why is that? There is a proven track record for medicine helping depressed people and improving their lives.

@Stakres Link studies on depression and unhappiness and medicine's proven track record dealing this stuff.

Because I know doctors in my life and people in the medical field. And i'm fresh out of undergrad in a science background where many students were pre-med and so I know how these people approach science and life in general. 

You didn't answer my question about your own direct experience of happiness and satisfaction. Are you speaking from experience or are you just parroting what your doctor friends tell you about the new age.

@zeroISinfinity Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say.

@Raptorsin7

•     Up to 80% of those treated for depression show an improvement in their symptoms generally within four to six weeks of beginning medication, psychotherapy, attending support groups or a combination of these treatments. (National Institute of Health, 1998)
  •     Despite its high treatment success rate, nearly two out of three people suffering with depression do not actively seek nor receive proper treatment. (DBSA, 1996)
  •     An estimated 50% of unsuccessful treatment for depression is due to medical non-compliance. Patients stop taking their medication too soon due to unacceptable side effects, financial factors, fears of addiction and/or short-term improvement of symptoms, leading them to believe that continuing treatment is unnecessary. (DBSA, 1999)
  •     Participation in a DBSA patient-to-patient support group improved treatment compliance by almost 86% and reduced in-patient hospitalization. Support group participants are 86% more willing to take medication and cope with side effects. (DBSA, 1999)

https://www.dbsalliance.org/education/depression/statistics/

Now show me the effectiveness of your approach on depression.

"You didn't answer my question about your own direct experience of happiness and satisfaction."

I'm content in life. I have been on the "path" for multiple years. I've had various experiences on the way.

@zeroISinfinity Well, I said that I don't understand, so I don't understand. Could you please explain what you mean? Could you please restate your sentence using words instead of emojis and being cryptic?

@Stakres What does content mean? And what does on the path for multiple years mean? 

I can only speak from direct experience. I was depressed, and am currently depressed. I went to therapy and have taken medication. What worked for me in the past was a number of self help techniques that i basically applied to myself. Where is my pill for happiness, love and satisfaction? Didn't know they taught that subject in medical school. 

If medicine is so effective and proven, why are you still on the path? Why are you only content?

7 minutes ago, Stakres said:

Up to 80% of those treated for depression show an improvement in their symptoms generally within four to six weeks of beginning medication, psychotherapy, attending support groups or a combination of these treatments. (National Institute of Health, 1998)

This is the only thing you posted above that is evidence for your position. The rest doesn't speak to the effectiveness of medicine or the scientific approach. Improvement of symptoms of depression is so ambiguous. When I was depressed I would stay up late and cry a lot. Improvement of my depression would have been stopping the crying. That doesn't address the deeper issues of unhappiness and dissatisfaction in one's life. You are talking about giving advice to help relieve symptoms of a deeply unhappy person. Science can treat symptoms. But i'd be skeptical about science's ability to make unhappy person into someone who is in love with their own existence.

I'll give you a case study from my own direct experience. My grandma suffers from depression. She has episodes once every couple of years where her moods dips hard. She takes antidepressants and feels a bit better and goes back to being normal grandma. Science counts this as a win. My family counts this as a win. But i can see her direct experience. Her normal is not living life happy, in love, kind, radiating a deep appreciation for life. She goes from depressed back to her normal judgmental, unhappy, busy work. This is not a win. Science counts this is a win. That's the problem I have with the scientific approach.

@Stakres Relax,sorry my mistake. 

Are you into some spiritual practises?

♥️ lead you HERE. (oh you sneaky zen dude) 

Actually it is THIS. Enjoy the ride.

IT will pay off. Less judgements and less fear. 

Accept that right now you don't know. You just don't know and that's ok. 

All answers are within your ♥️ not in head. 

Where is my pill for happiness, love and satisfaction?

@Raptorsin7 Why do you want that?

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

But i'd be skeptical about science's ability to make unhappy person into someone who is in love with their own existence.

"make unhappy person into someone who is in love with their own existence" is exactly what getting out of depression means. And science can help with that.

6 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

But i can see her direct experience. Her normal is not living life happy, in love, kind, radiating a deep appreciation for life

Did she say herself that she is not happy? Or are you assuming that based on what you see?

@zeroISinfinity

"Accept that right now you don't know. You just don't know and that's ok. "

How can you assume what I don't know? You don't know me. You don't know what kind of experiences I've had.

I have done various "spiritual practices" and had a variety of experiences